• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Lets Wrap up Pakistan Studies and Islamiat, those who are appearing in May/June 2014 session

Reaction score
This answer is correct, but I'm not sure if such questions can come.
Yeah.. I have the same opinion for it.
We just compiled the POSSIBLE 7 MARKS QUESTIONS..
and as I have gone through the past papers many times.. Ill advise to practice the 7 mark questions which came in the past papers. Its very rare in the last 3 years that a New Question is made of 7 marks. So just ignore such questions.
And yes uptill now No 4 MARK QUESTION is repeated so its most likely that it wont be repeated this time too.. So we can shortlist the questions which came uptill now.

Reaction score
How to answer the 'how successful questions? Like here is an example:
(c) How successful were the British attempts to take control of lands in the sub-continent
between 1750 and 1856?

I know that the answer has to hover over the annexation of lands by British, battles fought by British and the successes of Tipu Sultan, Ranjit Singh and local Nawabs.
But I have no idea how to arrange the successes and failures, should I go on as the events happened or mention the successes first and then failures? How should I solve the question in order to achieve the analytical and specific approach that the examiners now want in (c) part especially in these types of questions which involve successes and failures.

Reaction score
(c) How successful were the British attempts to take control of lands in the sub-continent
between 1750 and 1856?

I know that the answer has to hover over the annexation of lands by British, battles fought by British and the successes of Tipu Sultan, Ranjit Singh and local Nawabs.
But I have no idea how to arrange the successes and failures, should I go on as the events happened or mention the successes first and then failures? How should I solve the question in order to achieve the analytical and specific approach that the examiners now want in (c) part especially in these types of questions which involve successes and failures.
Since in this type of question they're asking how successful were the British, we would talk about successes and failures both. In the paragraph which you would mention the successes, describe them order wise, but don't give the complete details of every war or annexation because that would be a lot time consuming, just write down about them in a line or two by telling what happened in the war. Don't forget to write down about doctrine of lapse in the success too!
For failure, do it order wise as well. Like start from Tipu sultan's successes, then ranjit singh's opposition and what happened when they went to Afghanistan. Mention the Anglo mysorian wars in it as well.
And then give your evaluation. The successes and failures should be in separate paragraphs..

Reaction score
Since in this type of question they're asking how successful were the British, we would talk about successes and failures both. In the paragraph which you would mention the successes, describe them order wise, but don't give the complete details of every war or annexation because that would be a lot time consuming, just write down about them in a line or two by telling what happened in the war. Don't forget to write down about doctrine of lapse in the success too!
For failure, do it order wise as well. Like start from Tipu sultan's successes, then ranjit singh's opposition and what happened when they went to Afghanistan. Mention the Anglo mysorian wars in it as well.
And then give your evaluation. The successes and failures should be in separate paragraphs..
thnx alot..it helped

Reaction score
i want to know if it is necessary to write all the failures and successes mentioned in the markscheme?

Reaction score
between 1750 and 1856?

The marking key for your question.

Explains both. Also produces a judgement or evaluation.
Successes
  • Strength of British Army.
  • Eventual failure of Tipu Sultan and Ranjit Singh.
  • Identifies successful conquests of British against weaker opposition.
  • Annexation of Oudh under the Doctrine of Lapse.
Failures
  • Power of local Nawabs.
  • Early successes of Tipu Sultan.
  • Ranjit Singh.
  • Afghanistan campaign.

Reaction score
The marking key for your question.

Explains both. Also produces a judgement or evaluation.
Successes
  • Strength of British Army.
  • Eventual failure of Tipu Sultan and Ranjit Singh.
  • Identifies successful conquests of British against weaker opposition.
  • Annexation of Oudh under the Doctrine of Lapse.
Failures
  • Power of local Nawabs.
  • Early successes of Tipu Sultan.
  • Ranjit Singh.
  • Afghanistan campaign.
thnx

Reaction score
In the question: "Explain why did the Mughal Empire decline following the death of Aurangzeb?"
Will these points be okay?
-Royal family started fighting for power(succession dispute)
-administration of the empire weakened due to the successors being pleasure loving
-no development done (in this we'll talk about the British)

Reaction score
In the question: "Explain why did the Mughal Empire decline following the death of Aurangzeb?"
Will these points be okay?
-Royal family started fighting for power(succession dispute)
-administration of the empire weakened due to the successors being pleasure loving
-no development done (in this we'll talk about the British)

.You can also mention about rising Marathas and the British who were ready to gather the spoils of the empire.
.you can mention invasion of Nadir Shah in 1761
.And it can be mentioned that the mughal army expertise kept on declining untill it was no more an effective fighting force.

Reaction score
.You can also mention about rising Marathas and the British who were ready to gather the spoils of the empire.
.you can mention invasion of Nadir Shah in 1761
.And it can be mentioned that the mughal army expertise kept on declining untill it was no more an effective fighting force.
Thankyou. But are my points correct?

Reaction score
This thread I have made for those who are appearing in May/June 2014 session.. others may seek help from here.:p

I know there is already a thread for P.st Islamiat and urdu..
https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...slamiyat-and-urdu-post-your-doubts-here.4055/

I just found it difficult going through the whole thread for collecting notes (but yes, it is useful).

Here if anyone have queries regarding Pakistan studies and Islamiat.. you may post them here..
we will surely try to help you out..

I, myself is appearing for these papers and i think I am done with ALMOST all the preparations.
so I think i can answer to your queries.. :)

In Islamiat what was event held after the migration [10].

Reaction score
  1. Geographical reasons.
  2. great population
  3. British were going to introduce reforms so they wanted to imply those reforms effectively in bengal as it was too large to maintain the efficiency of the reforms being introduced
  4. to cut down the power of revivalist movements being generated in Bengal.
There's one more point. It is:
-to give power to the Conservative party as lord curzon was in it

Reaction score
  1. Geographical reasons.
  2. great population
  3. British were going to introduce reforms so they wanted to imply those reforms effectively in bengal as it was too large to maintain the efficiency of the reforms being introduced
  4. to cut down the power of revivalist movements being generated in Bengal.
ahan!!!! THANK yOU ;) :)
There's one more point. It is:
-to give power to the Conservative party as lord curzon was in it
THANK YOU :)