• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Lets see which one is better!

O level's system vs Metric system

• Total voters
Reaction score
Well, would just jump in and say a few things... O/A level is much better than matric/fsc, but there is a difference in criticizing the system and criticizing the students.

The matric/fsc. students are not what is the concept here "ratta machines" It depends... agar o level mai D, E ya U grade wala bacha matric mai chala jae to wo ratta machine hi bane ga (no offence) But on other side, agar A,A*, B wala student jae ga to wo concepts bi seekhe ga, specially the science subs.... baqi arts subs mai to wahan ratta hi hai mostly

Its not ke matric/fsc ke sare bache dull witted rattu hote hain, jo ke concept ban chuka hai o level ke students ke demago mai :p

Reaction score
Is patriotism all based on the educational system we use?
I think I will be able to help Pakistan more by NOT going for metric side.
After that obviously I will be studying in Pakistan university; which are very best.

You're right. And I'm also doing O'levels so don't think I prefer Matric. It's just that you sounded hell-bent on convincing everyone how corrupt Matric is. :)

Reaction score
Keep the voting UP
Whats the point though? There is no doubt CIE is better than Pakistan education board. You don't compare yourself to someone worse than you. Whats the point battering the matric system?

Fun is if we compare the CIE with a system better than it. I, for one, can point out that this system of holding exams only once at the end of the year is not good. Even good students mess up due to all the pressure. Maybe implement something like the system in most unis, where the GPA is accounted for by tests, quizzes etc throughout the year?

And from here, we can also pick improvements for our system, i-e matric :p

Reaction score
All those whoe voted for O/L, now see, doesnt Punjab Text Book Board Islamiat books contain more syllabus content than O/L Islamiat, hmm? And also if you ask a matric average student for some concept which are provided in O/L paper but which we say Matric people have just memorized, he will definitely answer you for that whereas a pupil of cie o level will not be able to do so!
I think you all are not considering that Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan and some other great people in Pak like him had done Matric

For o level and matric argument its just this that if a student is already having a mentality to get and understand something, even by passing through matric they can rule the world cuz he/she will understand what they have read. I would like to state here that I myself have been studying in matriculation style uptill my 8th grade, but I never used ratta! cuz I was taught that its of no use and its mainly the duty of our parents and then our teachers neither the board of education nor the gov. of Pakistan.
I hope I said it alright.