• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Lets revise guys, time is short :)

Reaction score
Man its been days I dint study, anyways time to be serious.... lets discuss any subject u want in here... i hate studying, so any question or answer.. wud be motivational .... i am ready to help any time ,....

Exams start from may/june so time to flirt with revision :p ....

Reaction score
I totally agree :)
Lets start by listing the subjects that you need to revise, aka the subjects you are taking :p
I can help in bio, math, chem, phys, and english :)

Reaction score
I hope you have a timetable set up, you do realise you just have 50-60 days for your exams!
And incase your having ICT or English, you might have the orals or Practicals real soon!

Best of luck anyways!

Reaction score
well i have got phy, chem, bio, maths, AICT..

Lets start wid biology

The first chapter i guess is cells and structures

1.WHAT IS THE MAGNIFICATION FORMULA?
2.EXPLAIN ALL ORGANELLES?
3.DIFFERECIATE BETWEEN
PROKARYOTES AND EUKARYOTES?
4.EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ELECTRON AND LIGHT MICROSCOPE?

do try to answer them from your mind..
the questions I wrote are from my mind not by looking in the book

Reaction score
guys i need help in as level p1 mathematics differentiation and integration, just a point out to some quick notes will do. i have a base of the main process and how to integrate and differentiate but just need to revise and know when and how to use them. Thanks!

Reaction score
well as in maths i will say notes dont work much much ... if u have done quite alot of sums from integration and differentiation.. just look on to them and practise question from the past-paper..

Notes are not required.

Reaction score
differentiation and integration are quite tricky :)
I totally agree with the person who posted before me, you need to do more questions :) you'll be surprised at the styles of the questions :/ there is a lot going on and you have to go back to the book :/ don't be frustrated :D you still have time :D

Reaction score
can anybody help me make my routine for the subjects phy, eco and maths.
plzzzzzzzz :p

Reaction score
well 2 day i am so tired cuz i had this very annual function 2day any ways.. i will make sure to answer as many question as i can by 2morrow. do keep on posting guys as the more we know the more we grow :)

Reaction score
well i have got phy, chem, bio, maths, AICT..

Lets start wid biology

The first chapter i guess is cells and structures

1.WHAT IS THE MAGNIFICATION FORMULA?
2.EXPLAIN ALL ORGANELLES?
3.DIFFERECIATE BETWEEN PROKARYOTES AND EUKARYOTES?
4.EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ELECTRON AND LIGHT MICROSCOPE?

do try to answer them from your mind..
the questions I wrote are from my mind not by looking in the book

I'll start with the first organelle " Nucleus"
Its the largest organelle in the cell, surrounded by a two layer membrane "Envelope" called the nuclear envelope. The outer membrane of the nuclear envelope is continuous with the rough endoplasmic reticulum .
The nuclear envelope is conspicuously perforated by holes known as Nuclear pores. These allow the exchange between the nucleus and the Cytoplasm, e.g Ribosomes and RNA from the nucleus to the cytoplasm, and hormones and nutrients from the cytoplasm to the nucleus. In the nucleus the chromosomes are in a loosely coiled state ( except during cell division, they turn into Chromatin ) .
The chromosomes contain DNA, which are organised into the functional units called genes. Genes control the activity of the cell and thus the Nucleus controls the cell's activities.
In the nucleus, The nucleolus, manufactures Ribosomes.

Remember Guys, Only from your head!!

Reaction score
do we need to know all the figures and pictures in the bio Cambridge endorsed book so that in the practical we can label and identify it? what are the most common or important cells microscopic diagrams n figures which we shud remember?

Reaction score
I can only think of these for the moment:
Root tips, Plant vascular tissues, Veins, arteries, stomata.
Sometimes they are related to the Mitosis Process, and other times they are related to Osmosis.
Have you done any practical yet?

Reaction score
yes around 5-6 practicals in as level. xerophytes and plant vascular tissues i have seen but dnt knw bout others...u must know how to calibrate via e.p.g nd stage micrometer.
i can draw plan diagram and can do somehow the other question which involves changes in temp or concentrations of enzyme etc.......not confident in bio practical...w.b.u?

Reaction score
well did you do he human vascular things? the one about veins and arteries? And By the way:

Bio practical is a piece of cake :D trust me, if you did what you had to do and studied and blah blah blah, then you have nothing to fear :D

Reaction score
no i dnt remeber veins nd artries one...

no i didn't studied much for bio practical neither done with blah blah n blah so not lukin nice for me. :p