• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Lessons Learned in Life

Reaction score
1. You Matter -No matter who you are, what you look like, or what you share with the world, there will always be someone who doesn’t approve. And that’s okay. You’re not going to like everyone and not everyone is going to like you. And that isn’t some fundamental failing on your part — that’s just life. It’s normal, and it’s nothing to beat yourself up over. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to be accepted, but you shouldn’t ever have to change who you are for the sake of winning someone else’s approval. You don’t live for other people. It isn’t your job to conform to their idea of what constitutes a “worthwhile” human being. You are who you are, and you’re enough. Instead of focusing on all the people who don’t accept or appreciate you, take some time today to remind yourself of all the people who do. It’s easy to forget about them, but they exist and they care. They’re the people who matter. To them, you matter. Let go of the rest.

2. You don't have to swallow your tears - You don’t have to swallow your tears. You don’t have to hide how you feel or ignore your pain. You have to give yourself a hug, look yourself in the eyes, and say, “I’m sad and I’m angry and I’m hurting. And you know what? That’s okay. My feelings are valid. I’m not broken or crazy. I’m wounded. But I can heal. And I’m going to be okay. Maybe not today or tomorrow or a week from now, but sometime soon, this is going to pass. And until it does, I’m going to keep taking care of myself. I’m going to talk back to the negative voice making me feel small and speak to myself with kindness. I’m going to let myself feel my feelings and do self-care. And I’m going to treat myself like a friend. Because if there’s anyone who deserves my love and affection, it’s me. – Daniell Koepke

3. Boundries - People will try to tell you otherwise, but the boundaries have nothing to do with whether you love someone or not. They are not judgments, punishments, or betrayals. They are a purely peaceable thing: the basic principles you identify for yourself that define the behaviors that you will tolerate from others, as well as the responses you will have to those behaviors. Boundaries teach people how to treat you, and they teach you how to respect yourself. - Cheryl Strayed

It’s okay to ask for help - Reaching out doesn’t make you a burden. It doesn’t make you weak or incapable or inadequate. And it doesn’t make you a failure. It makes you someone who has the courage to honor their needs. It makes you honest and proactive and brave. It’s a form of self-care and it’s something that takes a lot of strength. So stop beating yourself up for needing support and start giving yourself permission to take care of yourself. You’re important and you matter, and yourwellbeing matters. And if you’re struggling, you deserve to get support.
-
Daniell Koepke

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up.

P.S. If you want to share any life experience or quote or anything, feel free to share it with us :) We'll be more than glad to hear 'em :)

Reaction score
1. You Matter -No matter who you are, what you look like, or what you share with the world, there will always be someone who doesn’t approve. And that’s okay. You’re not going to like everyone and not everyone is going to like you. And that isn’t some fundamental failing on your part — that’s just life. It’s normal, and it’s nothing to beat yourself up over. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to be accepted, but you shouldn’t ever have to change who you are for the sake of winning someone else’s approval. You don’t live for other people. It isn’t your job to conform to their idea of what constitutes a “worthwhile” human being. You are who you are, and you’re enough. Instead of focusing on all the people who don’t accept or appreciate you, take some time today to remind yourself of all the people who do. It’s easy to forget about them, but they exist and they care. They’re the people who matter. To them, you matter. Let go of the rest.

2. You don't have to swallow your tears - You don’t have to swallow your tears. You don’t have to hide how you feel or ignore your pain. You have to give yourself a hug, look yourself in the eyes, and say, “I’m sad and I’m angry and I’m hurting. And you know what? That’s okay. My feelings are valid. I’m not broken or crazy. I’m wounded. But I can heal. And I’m going to be okay. Maybe not today or tomorrow or a week from now, but sometime soon, this is going to pass. And until it does, I’m going to keep taking care of myself. I’m going to talk back to the negative voice making me feel small and speak to myself with kindness. I’m going to let myself feel my feelings and do self-care. And I’m going to treat myself like a friend. Because if there’s anyone who deserves my love and affection, it’s me. – Daniell Koepke

3. Boundries - People will try to tell you otherwise, but the boundaries have nothing to do with whether you love someone or not. They are not judgments, punishments, or betrayals. They are a purely peaceable thing: the basic principles you identify for yourself that define the behaviors that you will tolerate from others, as well as the responses you will have to those behaviors. Boundaries teach people how to treat you, and they teach you how to respect yourself. - Cheryl Strayed

It’s okay to ask for help - Reaching out doesn’t make you a burden. It doesn’t make you weak or incapable or inadequate. And it doesn’t make you a failure. It makes you someone who has the courage to honor their needs. It makes you honest and proactive and brave. It’s a form of self-care and it’s something that takes a lot of strength. So stop beating yourself up for needing support and start giving yourself permission to take care of yourself. You’re important and you matter, and yourwellbeing matters. And if you’re struggling, you deserve to get support.
-
Daniell Koepke

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up.

P.S. If you want to share any life experience or quote or anything, feel free to share it with us :) We'll be more than glad to hear 'em :)
Aheem! first thin first, NEVER write this much if you EVER want someone to read it :p