• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Large amount of BIOLOGY help paper 1 needed!

Reaction score
June 2010

November 2010

Can someone explain for me each of those questions, June 2010 P11 and same for november P11, Biology!

Thanks.

Reaction score
Nov 2010

19 , D , smoke particles affect goblet cells and cillia , goblet then to release excess mucus , cilla cannot move the mucus as it gets perilized .mucus accumulate in lung and provide a good medium for bacteria growth , bacteria will cause infection to lung .

23 , A , because X will constrict so this will reduce the blood flowing in Y and Z ( because arterioles control the blood flow , so if it constrict blood flow will decrease in both )

27 , I know u might think it C , but correct answer is B because they are talking about 8th not after ovulation . sperms cannot suvive for more than 3-4 days ..

36 , D , because a food web always has a produces (plants) and consumer ( animal) and decomposers ... food chain show enery flow .. plant or fossil fuels cannot give plants any energy to atmosphere

June 2010

24 , B , because electrical signal travel from receptor to sensory nueorne to relay nuerone to motor to effector . relay is in the CNS which is brian and spinal cord but in this case we are talking about spinal cord . so it travel away from spinal (where relay nuerons are ) to the effector ....

32 , srry i cant explain by writing on fourms ..... :(

:D

good luck