• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

June 2013 Edexcel exams!

Reaction score
Hey Guys i will be giving maths chemistry and physics this session june 2013 ! any hints to get top grades i always aim to get the maximum grades ALHUMDULILAH any hints/guidance would be alot helpful ! btw giving unit 1 2 and unit 3b for both chemistry and physics and maths c1 c2 and m1 !!! Thanks in advance <3

Reaction score
You should practice loads of papers for each of the subjects...For Maths solve the recent papers,sample assessment,solomon,elmwood if u got time check out the past papers too...u can download them all from the past papers on this link
For chemistry do the same with recent papers,sample assessment,solve hodder review questions,george facer questions and revision guide questions..then go for the past question papers..:D hope u have the books..if not then respond early.
For physics solve question papers specially for unit 3b and unit 2...and try to get evrything from books for unit 1 mostly...do the hodder one and revision guide...then look for loads of question to solve..:) U can get them from scribd.com i guess..:) Best of Luck!

Reaction score
Oh i frgot to say this....Write the answers to what is required in the question since time is limited...don't write too much unnecessary details..try to use the specific terms and ideas or else they don't give any marks..write in a logical way with less words...make ur answers as short as possible giving all the details..it saves time.:D Always read the questions carefully since they are real tricky...try to understand what the question wants..then answer to the point..i hope u understood..:)

Reaction score
You should practice loads of papers for each of the subjects...For Maths solve the recent papers,sample assessment,solomon,elmwood if u got time check out the past papers too...u can download them all from the past papers on this link
For chemistry do the same with recent papers,sample assessment,solve hodder review questions,george facer questions and revision guide questions..then go for the past question papers..:D hope u have the books..if not then respond early.
For physics solve question papers specially for unit 3b and unit 2...and try to get evrything from books for unit 1 mostly...do the hodder one and revision guide...then look for loads of question to solve..:) U can get them from scribd.com i guess..:) Best of Luck!
awesome suggestions... but time is so short! :(

Reaction score
I'm doing Chemi Units 1, 2, 3 and same for Phys. Also doing Maths C1, C2 and S1. I'm so nervous :( Here are some notes I made up, I hope they help:

Attachments

• Paper 7 Notes - User guide.docx
    22.3 KB · Views: 58
Reaction score
Hey! Can anyone tell me how's to solve question 1 from June 2012 unit 3B physics , Im not getting the right mean value can anyone tell me how to calculate this mean and the uncertainty cuz the way I'm doing it I'm getting 0.3 mm :S

Reaction score
Hey! Can anyone tell me how's to solve question 1 from June 2012 unit 3B physics , Im not getting the right mean value can anyone tell me how to calculate this mean and the uncertainty cuz the way I'm doing it I'm getting 0.3 mm :S
LOOK man ignore the 0.42 value given to you and average the rest u will get the correct value the to find uncertainty you subtract the highest from teh lowest reading and then divide by two to get the +- uncertainity !! (ignoring the unusual value that is 0.42) hope it helped !

Reaction score
LOOK man ignore the 0.42 value given to you and average the rest u will get the correct value the to find uncertainty you subtract the highest from teh lowest reading and then divide by two to get the +- uncertainity !! (ignoring the unusual value that is 0.42) hope it helped !

Yes! I got the answer , except for the uncertainty part I got 0.015 but I'm guessing I have to round it of and I'll get 0.02 then :D
JazhakAllah Khair ! May Allah Pass you with A*, Ameen!

Reaction score
Yes! I got the answer , except for the uncertainty part I got 0.015 but I'm guessing I have to round it of and I'll get 0.02 then :D
JazhakAllah Khair ! May Allah Pass you with A*, Ameen!
Thank you dear ! yeah u have to round it because in the question it is given to two decimal places u always have to keep that in mind ! THANKS FOR YOU DUA ! HOPE YOU TOO PASS WITH THE SAME GRADE !

Reaction score
Btw is this the only way you can calculate uncertainty? Simply subtracting the highest with the lowest and dividing by two? Cuz there's another question from the same paper Q8 (b) Im getting +-162 mm :$
Sorry for bothering you like this bro!

Reaction score
Btw is this the only way you can calculate uncertainty? Simply subtracting the highest with the lowest and dividing by two? Cuz there's another question from the same paper Q8 (b) Im getting +-162 mm :$
why are u getting such a strange value? this is the uncertainity formula and works everytime !! i guess teh wavelenghts u found were of the wrong value coz the highest wavelenght i got is 328 and lowest 312 ! subtract them and divide by two !
Nvm i love to help :D

Reaction score
why are u getting such a strange value? this is the uncertainity formula and works everytime !! i guess teh wavelenghts u found were of the wrong value coz the highest wavelenght i got is 328 and lowest 312 ! subtract them and divide by two !
Nvm i love to help :D
Got it! I think I'm sleepy that why I'm getting wrong answer lol :D JazhakAllah once again!
And I need to clear one more doubt but I'm not sure if there going to ask it in the June 2013 papers?

Reaction score
Although you figured it out, i just wanted to point out that there are two ways of finding the uncertainty:
1. Highest value - mean
The highest value from the set of values you used to calculate the mean with
2. Range/2
Again, the range should be calculated from the set of values you used to calculate the mean with, dont include any obvious anomalies in your calculations.
Both these calculations should give you the same answer, hope this helped!