• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamiyat Help Needed

Reaction score
Assalamualaium. Yeah, i need someone to tell me whether the Military campaigns of Hazrat Usman during his rule as Khalifa are important or not. As they are not given in FNM book, or even in Ayesha Tariqs Islam in Modern Perspective, i need to know whether they are actually not of importance or what. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
It is indeed very Imp..Bcoz A 10 mark question needs details about his wars etc..But it is highly unlikely to have a question on Hz Usman this year bcoz it came last year May 2010...

Reaction score
Walaikumassalam. The Military Campaigns of all the Khalifas are necessary. I got a question on Hazrat Ali (R.A) in my exam (oct/nov/2010). In each exam a question on the Khalifas should be expected as it does come. Try Yasmin Malik's Book.

Reaction score
yes they are ........... i think they came in my exam too............refer to yasmin malik or dr iftikhar one

Reaction score
So is this sufficient enough?

He suppresed revolts that occurred all throughout the Empire by the Persians in the East and the Byzantines in the West. These revolts were caused by the fact that both of these great forces saw Usman as a vulnerable leader due to his lineant attitude, and took it as an opportunity to take back the lands that had been conquered from them under the Caliphate of Umar.
For the Persian revolts, Hazrat Usman replaced Abu Musa Ashari with Abdullah Bin Amr, who normalized the situation. Abu Musa Ashari was more a religious jurist than a leader. Moreover, Abdullah bin Amr expanded the Empire into the Central Asian states such as Azerbaijan, Afghanistan.
Hazrat Usman made Ameer Muawiya the governor of Syria, who normalized the situation in the former Byzantine areas. Ameer suppressed revolts and with the help of Amr bin Al 'As destroyed Byzantine fleets. Alexandria was captured by the Byzantines, but Amr bin Al 'As restored it in 655 A.D. Moreover, Ameer Muawiya also took the opportunity to expand the Empire, and thus, added Northern African States such as Morocco to the Empire. He also sent an expedition to Spain, to spread Islamic values there. By the end of Hazrat Usmans rule, the Muslim Empire stretched from Morroco to Kabul, which showed that it enjoyed a position of greater expansion than it did at the time of Umar's Caliphate.

Reaction score
Dont remember exact;y now/............ but still as long as you include maximum points ... its better

Reaction score
Yeah, I think that answer is actually quite a good one, just be sure to describe the battles too. Learning the battles for all 4 Khalifas is important but you don't need to know the full details of each (just 3-5 lines of each will suffice, like when/where it took place, what the outcome was, etc.). I studied the battles from the FNM and Yasmin Malik books, but I guess any book is fine as long as you have the right information in it. Also you should probably read a Specimen paper on how to attempt questions like these, they provide a level 1/2/3/4 answer so you can compare your answer to the level 4 one to see if it is good enough.

Reaction score
refer to GHULAM SHABBIR his book is awesome with vry good explaination of everything.......:)

Reaction score
u need to know the IMPORTANCE of his rule as a kaliph. i.e, the places he conquered, his strategy of running the state, the problems he had to face, how did muslim ummah benefit from his rule, and u need to name some of the welfare tasks he did. =)

Reaction score
Guyz plz help me with this question

What were the importance of:
1) Hazrat Ayesha in the years of his death
2) Hazrat HAfsa in early Islam ???