• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

islamiat

Reaction score
guys salam

i am worried. i need to know how many quotations are neccesary to write in one question of islamiat.
for example, there was a Q of angels in p2.how many quotations are required to write in that Q.[MINIMUM]

IN PAPER ONE THRE WAS A Q OF COMPILATION OF QURAN.I DIDNOT FIND ANY QUOTATIONS RELATING TO THIS SO I DIDNOT WRITE ANY. WHAT IS THE MAX POSSIBLE MARKS FOR ME IN THIS Q.

Q= question. :?

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
DEPENDS!!!
In that question related to ANGELS, u were supposed 2 write at least 4-5 quotations... though its not compulsory but RECOMMENDED, if ur CONTENT is GOOD u can FOR SURE get GOOD GRADES!!
As far as the COMPILATION OF QURAN'S question was concerned, there was a QUOTATION 4 dat i.e " Verily, We have with no doubt revealed the Book and We will surely guard it (from corruption)"

U can get GOOD MARKS, if your remaining CONTENT is CORRECT and TO THE POINT!! :) :)

Reaction score
it tottaly depends on the question .!
there are some questions where no quatation was required or could be given but the above mentioned questions quatations .!
the angel question one required at least 3 or 4
and the compilation of quran required 2 or 3

Reaction score
Quotations are usually important, but not really that much. Even if you have put 0 quotations, I don't think you will lose more than one mark. Usually only in distinct questions are quotations required.. and that too only 2-3. That's what I can gather from the examiner reports and all the previous marking schemes. The points and their explanation is important, if you did that then I'm sure you will get a good grade.
For the compilation of the Quran it was a repeat question and I don't see in the marking scheme a mark for any quotation. I still put a couple in the ans though.

Reaction score
for compilation of quran no quotations was needed. as this ques is solved in specemem ppr where there is no quotations
for angel one 2-3 quotes
it is imp to comment and explaain how ur quotation link the ans rather than simply listing number of quotes
and all u guys tell me a thing. Takingf in consideration new level system (not point system) marking and specimem ppr level 4 answers( which r very lengthy and very challenging) ,how much u think grade threshold for A would b?

Reaction score
The holy Prophet could not read or write. When revelations came to him by Hazrat Jibril the
scribes wrote them down. They used bones of animals, leaves, pieces of pottery and any
other things they could find. The Qur’an was complete by the holy Prophet’s death, but it was
not written down in one copy. The first caliph Hazrat Abu Bakr experienced many difficulties.
One of the main difficulties was the false prophets. The worst of these was Musaylima.
Hazrat Abu Bakr fought against him in the Garden of Blood at Yamama. In this battle many
Muslims who memorized the Qur’an were killed, so Hazrat ‘Umar suggested to Hazrat Abu
Bakr to make a written collection of the Qur’an. He was worried that if more huffaz were killed
the Qur’an may be lost. Hazrat Abu Bakr did not want to do this, because the Prophet had
not done it. But Hazrat ‘Umar persuaded him, and so he asked Zayd Ibn Thabit, the
Prophet’s secretary, to do the work. Zayd worked very hard. He consulted all the senior
Muslims and at last found all the parts of the Qur’an. The collection was made. It was given
to Hazrat Hafsa, who had been married to the holy Prophet, and she kept it safe. It was
known as mushaf Hafsa.
In the time of ‘Uthman, the third caliph, the Muslim empire expanded very widely.
Many people with different languages not Arabic became Muslim. Hazrat ‘Uthman learnt that
some of these people were reading the Qur’an differently from the Arabs. They were reciting
the words in a different way. Hazrat ‘Uthman thought the true Qur’an may be lost, so he
ordered a true collection to be made. Zayd Ibn Thabit did this work with other senior Muslims.
They collected all the true copies, and they ensured these contained only the words of the
Prophet. They checked that they were written in the dialect of Quraish, because that was the
holy Prophet’s speech. After much work the collection was finished. Hazrat ‘Uthman send
copies of this official Qur’an to parts of the empire and he ordered all other copies to be burnt.

this one is from specimem ppr(compilation of quran)
grumpy compare this with ur ans if u want to know how many marks can be deducted

Reaction score
according to the ans saud has given i can expect 9/10
thanks saud

Reaction score
SAUD ASLAM said:
The holy Prophet could not read or write. When revelations came to him by Hazrat Jibril the
scribes wrote them down. They used bones of animals, leaves, pieces of pottery and any
other things they could find. The Qur’an was complete by the holy Prophet’s death, but it was
not written down in one copy. The first caliph Hazrat Abu Bakr experienced many difficulties.
One of the main difficulties was the false prophets. The worst of these was Musaylima.
Hazrat Abu Bakr fought against him in the Garden of Blood at Yamama. In this battle many
Muslims who memorized the Qur’an were killed, so Hazrat ‘Umar suggested to Hazrat Abu
Bakr to make a written collection of the Qur’an. He was worried that if more huffaz were killed
the Qur’an may be lost. Hazrat Abu Bakr did not want to do this, because the Prophet had
not done it. But Hazrat ‘Umar persuaded him, and so he asked Zayd Ibn Thabit, the
Prophet’s secretary, to do the work. Zayd worked very hard. He consulted all the senior
Muslims and at last found all the parts of the Qur’an. The collection was made. It was given
to Hazrat Hafsa, who had been married to the holy Prophet, and she kept it safe. It was
known as mushaf Hafsa.
In the time of ‘Uthman, the third caliph, the Muslim empire expanded very widely.

Many people with different languages not Arabic became Muslim. Hazrat ‘Uthman learnt that
some of these people were reading the Qur’an differently from the Arabs. They were reciting
the words in a different way. Hazrat ‘Uthman thought the true Qur’an may be lost, so he
ordered a true collection to be made. Zayd Ibn Thabit did this work with other senior Muslims.
They collected all the true copies, and they ensured these contained only the words of the
Prophet. They checked that they were written in the dialect of Quraish, because that was the
holy Prophet’s speech. After much work the collection was finished. Hazrat ‘Uthman send
copies of this official Qur’an to parts of the empire and he ordered all other copies to be burnt.

this one is from specimem ppr(compilation of quran)
grumpy compare this with ur ans if u want to know how many marks can be deducted

my anwer was 100 % same expect from wording .!
and i further added 2 or 3 quatations aswell .! =)

Reaction score
Takingf in consideration new level system (not point system) marking and specimem ppr level 4 answers( which r very lengthy and very challenging) ,how much u think grade threshold for A would b?[/quote]

Reaction score
What was the exact question in the paper btw? Was it the compilation of the Quran during the caliphates or it included the life of the Holy Prophet also?
I don't seem to remember, but i think it included the holy prophets time too.
Where'd you get that answer btw?

Reaction score
http://www.xtremepapers.net/CIE/index.p ... 9_sm_1.PDF
This is from this pg 13
The question was during caliphs,but the part of Prophet time is included in the ans to give a complete understanding of why the compilation was needed

Many of my friends did not saw this specimem paper and after the papers ended they claim that they did the paper according to point system( which was till 2008) and said they would get around 95-96% marks.lolx
But then i give them this specimem ppr. After they saw it they literally started to :cry: :cry:

Reaction score
xcalibur said:
What was the exact question in the paper btw? Was it the compilation of the Quran during the caliphates or it included the life of the Holy Prophet also?
I don't seem to remember, but i think it included the holy prophets time too.
Where'd you get that answer btw?

Quran was not COMPILED during life time of HOLY PROHET (pbuh) ,,infact it was REVELED .!

Reaction score
Trace the main stages in the compilation of the Qur'an in the time of the caliphs Abu
Bakr and `Uthman. [10]
L1 for mention of the main outline, including the part played by Abu Bakr, ‘Umar,
‘Uthman and Zayd Ibn Thabit
L2 for further detail, including the parts played by Musaylima, Hafsa, and the
Companions who worked with Zayd
L3 for adding the reasons why Abu Bakr and ‘Uthman ordered collections
L4 for a full account of all the above details, together with references to the methods
used by Zayd and his colleagues

Over here there is no mention of the holy prophet though....
That's really stupid... In the L4 there is no mention of it but in the specimen answer there is lol.
I really don't remember writing much about the holy prophet either... strange really :|

Reaction score
where is compilation quran written durig life time of PROPHET (PBUH) in the specimen answer?
can you please highlight that portion ?

Reaction score
Not compilation only collection of quran on thin tablets,leaves so on is written in starting 3 lines

Reaction score
SAUD ASLAM said:
Not compilation only collection of quran on thin tablets,leaves so on is written in starting 3 lines

ohh,, so he was talking about that part .!
yeah that was not included in the compilation part and was sort of extra detail could be given or could be ommited .!!

Reaction score
yes i wrote it but i was not important as i said ,, it was an extra detail

Reaction score
SO U saw specimem paper before exam?
i saw it after exam hahaha.bad luck
do U think by going through the specimem helped u ?