• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

...ISLAMIAT PAPER 1...

Reaction score
First of all, i wanted to ask, how accurate are guesses of teahcers such as Sir Iftiqar etc? coz i havent personally studied from them,.
Secondly, can some1 please tell me how to answer this question :-

Q: Quran as a source of quidence??? {10}

just tell the main points of this answe,.. do we have to write the exact answer of Quran in Legal thinking and Thought and action?

Also , Unusual events of Holy Prophets life... that includes Miraj... but wht other events?? can sum one name 2 or 3 more events?

THNKX ANSWERING THESE QUESTIONS WILL BE A GREAT HELP FROM U!!
my prayers r all u hardworking ppl!!

please reply. :)

Reaction score
IF quran as source of guidance comes in wa y that examiner asks that HOW Quran provides guidance to muslims in beliefs and acts of worship??then u are to write about only beliefs(articles of faith) and acts of worship(prayers fasting e.t.c) and NOT include legal thinking in it BUT if the question comes as whole like HOW Quran provides guidance to muslims in daily living??then u are to give brief intro of beliefs and two acts of worship quotations and then comes the legal thinking here u will include legal thinking and actions in islam.........

Reaction score
about unusual events i guess miraj,visit to taif and conquest of makkah(bcs it was regarded as greatest achievement of Prophet) correct me if i am wrong

Reaction score
now for guess papers look iftikhar's islamiat guess didnt work last time since his pak studies guess was 100 percent correct(as told by his own students) this time his guess is same as muzammil and zafar alam so i hope all their guess work this time and teaching of iftikhar is concerned i have taken his 3 months academy and 1 month test session SIR IFTIKHAR is a great teacher his knowledge and the way he teaches is awsome as well as MUZAMMIL my friends studied from him and they say he is also a great teacher but i dont know about zafar alam i came to know about him on XPF...:):)

Reaction score
Allah's Quran - Quran - A Source Of Guidance

A Source of Guidance

The ultimate manifestation of God's grace for man, the ultimate wisdom, and the ultimate beauty of expression: in short, the word of God. If one were to ask any Muslim to depict it, most likely they would offer similar words. The Quran, to the Muslim, is the irrefutable, inimitable Word of God. It was revealed by God Almighty, through the instrument of Prophet Muhammad (peace be Upon Him). The Prophet (peace be upon him) himself had no role in authoring the Quran, he was merely a human secretary, repeating the dictates of the Divine Creator:

"He (Muhammad) does not speak of his own desire. It is no less than an Inspiration sent down to him."
[Noble Quran 53:3-4]

The Quran was revealed in Arabic, to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) over a period of twenty-three years. It is composed in a style so unique, that it cannot be deemed either poetry or prose, but somehow a mixture of both. The Quran is inimitable; it cannot be simulated or copied, and God Almighty challenges mankind to pursue such an endeavor if he thinks he can:

"Or do they say he forged it? Say: Bring then a chapter like unto it, and call (to your aid) anyone you can, beside God, if it be you speak the truth."
[Noble Quran 10:38]

The Quran's language is indeed sublime, its recitation moving, as one non-Muslim scholar noted, it was like the cadence of my heartbeat. Due to its unique style of language, the Quran is not only highly readable, but also relatively easy to remember. This latter aspect has played an important role not only in the Quran's preservation, but in the spiritual life of Muslims as well. God Himself declares,

"And We have indeed made the Quran easy to understand and remember; then is there anyone that will receive admonition?"
[Noble Quran 54:17]

One of the most important characteristics of the Quran is that it remains today, the only holy book which has never changed; it has remained free from any and all adulterations. Sir William Muir noted, "There is probably in the world no other book which has remained (fourteen) centuries with so pure a text." The Quran was written down during the lifetime and under the supervision of the Prophet, who himself was illiterate, and it was canonized shortly after his death by a rigorous method which scrutinized both written and oral traditions. Thus its authenticity is unblemished, and is its preservation is seen as the fulfillment of God's promise:

"We have, without doubt, sent down the Message, and We will assuredly guard it from corruption."
[Noble Quran 15:9]

The Quran is a book which provides the human being the spiritual and intellectual nourishment he/she craves. Its major themes include the oneness of God, the purpose of human existence, faith and God-consciousness, the Hereafter and its significance. The Quran also lays a heavy emphasis upon reason and understanding. In these spheres of human understanding, the Quran goes beyond just satisfying the human intellect; it causes one to reflect on implications. There are Quranic challenges and prophecies. One of the most exciting fields in recent years has been the discovery that, of the significant amount of scientific information in the Quran, including the event of the Big Bang, embryological data, and other information concerning astronomy biology, etc., there is not a single statement that has not been borne out by modern discoveries In short, the Quran fulfills the heart, the soul, and the mind.

Perhaps the best description of the Quran was given by Ali, the cousin of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) when he expounded upon it as,

"The Book of God. In it is the record of what was before you, the judgment of what is among you, and the prophecies of what will come after you. It is decisive, not a case for levity. Whoever is a tyrant and ignores the Quran will be destroyed by God. Whoever seeks guidance from other than it will be misguided. The Quran is the unbreakable bond of connection with God; it is the remembrance full of wisdom and the straight path. The Quran does not become distorted by tongues, nor can it be deviated by caprices; it never dulls from repeated study; scholars will always want more of it. The wonders of the Quran are never ending. Whoever speaks from it will speak the truth, whoever rules with it will be just, and whoever holds fast to it will be guided to the straight path."
[At-Tirmidhi]

Hope i helped a bit..and also see Master in O levels book by Bilal and Ifthikar-ul-Haq`s Islamiyat Notes.

Reaction score
nomercy i may be wrong but from my point of view i didnt found quite a good info about Quran as source of guidance in ur post i think that the post consisted of Characteristics of Quran,Its protection and its relation with modern science and its major themes but question emphasizes on how it provides guidance to muslims

Reaction score
Here is from master in O levels Islamiyat
How Quran can be said as a source of gudiance...
1) The Holy Quran is a divinely revealed belief system which, unlike the earthly, man-made belief systems, continues to spread un-abated till today.
“And truly, this (the Qu’ran) is a revelation from the Lord of the ‘Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists), which the trustworthy Ruh [Jibril (Gabriel)] has brought down upon your heart (O Muhammad) that you may be (one) of the warners, in the plain Arabic language.” (26:192-195)
(2) The belief system of the Holy Quran is centred on Allah, the creator, sustainer, cherisher and protector of the universe who is One and Unique. It is His commands that are contained in the Holy Quran while Sunnah explains and illustrates them in detail.
“Glorified (and Exalted) be He (Allah) [above all that (evil) they associate with Him]. Who took His slave (Muhammad) for a journey by night from Al-Masjid, Al-Haram (at Makkah) to Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa (in Jerusalem).” (17:11)
(3) The Quranic message is for all of mankind and not for a particular place, community or tribe.
“And We have sent you (O Muhammad) not but as a mercy for the ‘Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists).” (21:107)
“Say (O Muhammad): “O mankind! Verily, I am sent to you all as the Messenger of Allah.” (7:158)
(4) The Quranic message is final, whose miracle is eternal, ongoing and lasting.
“We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Qur’an) is the truth. Is it not sufficient in regard to your Lord that He is a Witness ovr all things?” (41:53)
(5) The Quranic message stimulates rational thinking, logical reasoning and clarity in approach and style.
“Verily, in these things there are Ayat (proofs, evidences, lessons, signs) for the people who understand.”(13:4)
“Thus do We explain the signs in detail to a people who have sense.” (30:28)
(6) The Quranic message is a rhythmic balance between the spiritual and the material, and between commotion and tranquility.
“Say (O Muhammad): Who has forbidden the adornment with clothes given by Allah, which He has produced for His slaves, and At-Tayyibat [all kinds of Halal (lawful) things] of food? Say: They are, in the life of this world, for those who believe, (and) exclusively for them (believers) on the Day of Ressurection (the disbelievers will not share them). Thus We explain the Ayat (Islamic laws) in detail for people who have knowledge.” (7:32)
(7) The Quranic message is not limited by time and space.
(8) The prophesies and miracles contained in the Holy Quran have stood the test of time. The Quranic message is authentic, pure and original which no other book in the world can claim.
(9) The Quranic message is protected by Allah Himself.
“Verily, We, it is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Qur’an) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption).” (15:9)
(10) The Quranic message is of human brotherhood, not dissension, of ease, not hardship, of dialogue, not compulsion in religion.
(11) There is a moving force in the Holy Quran which provokes human mind and stirs one’s imagination beyond comprehension, quantification and illustration. It is this moving force which instantly attracts others to its fold.
(12) The Quranic message is straight, direct and to the point, not hit by expediency or timely consideration.

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
nomercy i may be wrong but from my point of view i didnt found quite a good info about Quran as source of guidance in ur post i think that the post consisted of Characteristics of Quran,Its protection and its relation with modern science and its major themes but question emphasizes on how it provides guidance to muslims

Bro if you want that answer..then here it is

 The Holy Quran tells us that Islam is an all-embracing way of life. It extends over the entire spectrum of life showing how to conduct all human activities in a sound and wholesome manner.
 When we read the Holy Quran, we find instructions in all aspects of life, political, social, economic, material, ethical, spiritual, national and international which have been further elucidated, expanded, amplified and explained by the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (PBUH)
 The Holy Quran tells us that there is not any kind of separation between religion and life. It rejects the western saying “Render unto Caesar what is Caesar’s, and unto God what is God’s”; for everything ought to be dedicated to God alone, and a Muslim is required to submit himself completely to the will of Allah in all his affairs:
 “Say: `Truly, my prayer, my sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds…..” (6:162)
 The Holy Quran has no dark corners or ambiguous expressions. It speaks clearly and guides to the right path. It is straight, clear and understandable, therein no confusion is to be found:
 “Praise be to Allah who has sent to His slave (i.e. Muhammad PBUH) the Book and has allowed therein no crookedness. (He has made it) straight (and clear) in order that He may warn…..” (18:1-2)
 The Holy Quran stresses moderation in everything and commands its followers to eschew all extravagances in any direction. It takes deep interest in the spiritual as well as material well-being of man. It commands its followers to prepare themselves for the Hereafter while at the same time lawfully enjoying their portion of life as long as they donot transgress the limit set by Allah. The Holy Quran says:
 “Seek, with (the wealth) which Allah has bestowed on you, the Home of the Hereafter, nor forget your portion in this world.” (28:77)
 Hazrat Ali is reported to have said:
 “Work for your life as though you are going to live forever, and work for your Hereafter as though you are going to die tomorrow.”
 The central theme of the Holy Quran is that the Creator, Sustainer, Cherisher and Sovereign Lord of this immeasurably vast world is Allah who is One and unique, and that man is His vicegerent. It talks of the origin of man, the structure of the earth and heavens and that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) has been sent as a mercy for all of the nations and not to a particular tribe, race or set of people. The Holy Quran says:
 “We have not sent you but as a Messenger to all of mankind, giving them glad tidings, and warning them but most of them know not.” (34:28)
 “We sent you not but as a mercy for all the nations.” (21:107)
 The Holy Quran awakens in man the faculty of thinking and urges that it is through knowledge that he can understand Allah better and serve Him better. The very first verse received from Alalh was:
 “Read! In the name of your Lord who has created (all that exists). He has created man from a clot…. Who has taught by the pen. He has taught man that which he knew not.” (96:1-5)
 Allah commands the Holy Prophet (PBUH) to invoke Him to advance him in knowledge:
 “Say: `O my Lord! Increase me in knowledge.” (20:114)
 Allah also says in the Holy Quran that:
 “Allah will exalt in degree those of you who believe and those who have been granted knowledge.” (58:11)
 The Holy Quran contains directions for the Head of the Sate as well as a common man, for the rich as well as the poor, for physical well-being as well as spiritual and intellectual enlightenment, for peace as well as for war.
 The Holy Quran spells out fundamentals relating to social life, commercial and economic activities, marriage, divorce, penal and civil laws, international conducts, contracts and obligations, dispensation of justice etc.
 The Holy Quran lays down commands of Allah Almighty which are designed to build in the human being a sound mind, a peaceful soul, a strong personality and a healthy body. It speaks of justice for all, equality as man’s birth right, safeguarding of the honor of all, conduct of affairs by mutual consultation, kindness to all, respecting the parents and the elderly, helping the needy, strengthening one another, forgiving others’ offences, honoring the covenans, loving for others what one loves for one self etc.
 The Holy Quran strongly prohibits fornification, usuary, alcoholic beverages, immoral behavior, severing of blood relationship for it weakens a man from within and makes him a liability instead of being an asset for the society.
 The Holy Quran plays a significant role in the life of a Muslim from cradle to his grave. It provides a Muslim a very significant, solid and strong basis for all his thoughts and actions in his life.
 The only way to achieve success in this world as well as in the Hereafter is to sincerely follow the guidance which is contained in the Holy Quran and regulate our lives in consonance with its commands.

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
about unusual events i guess miraj,visit to taif and conquest of makkah(bcs it was regarded as greatest achievement of Prophet) correct me if i am wrong

For unusal events i suggest Mairaj,splitting of moon and the event at cave of saur i-e spider woving a web and dove laying eggs on it

Reaction score
no.mercy said:
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:

For unusal events i suggest Mairaj,splitting of moon and the event at cave of saur i-e spider woving a web and dove laying eggs on it
yes u are write i forgot these ur ones are more unusual i guess thanks for the info

Reaction score
woh thankx guys..
but if a ten marks question comes of unusal events... i can write quite a lenghty expalnation of miraj,,and even of stay in cave of saur...

but instead of splitting of the moon, can i put that insedent when Abu Jahl came to Martyr the Holy Prophter, he saw an camel sttalion that no one else saw ans it was coming towars him and he was very scared ?? can i right that??

Reaction score
xmariam3x said:
woh thankx guys..
but if a ten marks question comes of unusal events... i can write quite a lenghty expalnation of miraj,,and even of stay in cave of saur...

but instead of splitting of the moon, can i put that insedent when Abu Jahl came to Martyr the Holy Prophter, he saw an camel battalion that no one else saw ans it was coming towars him and he was very scared ?? can i right that??

Yep you can do that but splitting of moon is a more awesome event however ;D

Reaction score
and it this event has been proved by NASA itself as they reported a rocky belt on the moon`s surface which they speculated could only be there if someone has teared it apart and then joined it again. The beauty of ISLAM

Reaction score
yeah splitting of moon is more unusual event and a famous one too so i would rather go with it instead of Abu Jahal ones... :)

Reaction score
ok guys thanks!!! lolx but can one of u please elaborate that awesome event so i can write more about it ? i dont knw much about it :p thnkx guys for helping me out !

Reaction score
The Last Hour has drawn near, and the moon has split. But whenever they see a sign, they turn away and say, ‘This is evident magic.’ (54:1-2)

The miracle of the splitting of the moon was demonstrated before a certain gathering who persisted in denial of Muhammad’s Prophethood. As was related by ‘Adbullah ibn Mas‘ud, while they were in Mina’ one night, the Prophet split the moon into two by a gesture of his index finger. The halves of the moon appeared one behind the mountain and the other in front of it. Then, the Prophet turned to us and said: ‘Be witnesses!’ [1]

The splitting of the moon happened momentarily at a time of night

The Qur’an refers to this miracle in the following verses:

The Last Hour has drawn near, and the moon has split. But whenever they see a sign, they turn away and say, ‘This is evident magic’. (al-Qamar, 54.1-2)

Some say 'If the splitting of the moon had taken place, it would have been known to the whole world and related in all subsequent books of human history’.

Answer: The splitting of the moon was demonstrated before a certain gathering who contradicted the Prophet Muhammad in his cause as an evidence of his Prophethood. It happened momentarily at a time of night. Also, there were obstacles which prevented the others from seeing it, such as mist, clouds and time-differences between different parts of the world. Besides, at that time science and civilization were not yet well advanced and not widespread, and, therefore, the observation of the sky was limited. There was nothing to necessitate that it should have been seen all over the world. It is because of these reasons that the splitting of the moon was not witnessed in the whole world and related in the history books of other nations (except that some studies suggest it was seen in India and was recorded). We deem it useful to mention the following five points concerning the event.

Reaction score
Five years before Prophet`s migration to Madinah a miracle occurred. The Makkans asked the Holy Prophet that if he is a true Prophet then he should show us some kind of miracle so that we can believe in him. They then asked him to split the moon into two. Holy Prophet prayed to ALLah to split the moon. The Makkans then saw that the moon was split and half was seen over mount of Safa and half was seen over mount of Kakan. The pagans then said that Prophet has played a magic upon them but he cannot trick the whole world. Abu Jahal then said `Let us wait until the people of Al Abaidah come and if they saw the moon split, then it is true, if not then we all know it was a trick of magic. When the people of Al abaidah came they confirmed that they have seen the moon split and the disbelievers said `Oh,how powerful Muhammad`s magic is`. The Allah revealed Surah Al Qamar `the hour has come near and the moon has split, and when they see a sign, they turn and say `this is continuous magic` and they disbelieved and followed their desire`.

Please everyone thank me in the form of prayers :) i need them