• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamiat And PakStudies 2012

Which Is easy Pak studies or Islamiat

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
c) The natural topography, including drainage
Candidates should be able to identify the following on a map:
• named landforms: Balochistan Plateau, Sulaiman Range, Safed Koh, Potwar Plateau, Salt Range,
Hindu Kush, Karakoram and Himalaya Mountain Ranges
• named rivers: Indus, Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi, Sutlej, Kabul, Hab, Dasht
• named deserts: Thar, Thal, Kharan
Candidates should be able to:
• use the appropriate vocabulary when describing the distinguishing features of mountains, plateaux,
floodplains and deserts [NB Knowledge of the formation of the natural topography of Pakistan is NOT
required]
• identify and name the above features on a photograph or drawing
• understand the influence of the natural topography on human activities
(i) steep slopes and flat land on the way that the land is used
(ii) mountains and deserts on the road and rail networks
d) Climate
Candidates should:
• know the distribution of temperature and rainfall, including monsoon, depressions and convectional
rain
• know seasonal and regional variations, and the factors contributing to them, including depressions,
thunderstorms and cyclones (typhoons)

• understand the causes of the monsoon [NB Knowledge of the causes of other types of rain is NOT
required]
• describe and explain the characteristics of the climate of the arid, semi-arid, humid and highland
regions, including seasonal variations
• know the influence of latitude and longitude on day length and climate
• understand the influence of the climate (both the benefits it brings and the problems it causes) on the
economy and on the lives of the people
(i) the influence of low temperature, ice and snow on the lives of people in the mountains
(ii) the influence of rain storms and flooding on agriculture, industry and communications
(iii) the problems caused by drought and shortage of water supply on agriculture and industr

notes needed urgent :(

Reaction score
Sweety
c) The natural topography, including drainage
Candidates should be able to identify the following on a map:
• named landforms: Balochistan Plateau, Sulaiman Range, Safed Koh, Potwar Plateau, Salt Range,
Hindu Kush, Karakoram and Himalaya Mountain Ranges
• named rivers: Indus, Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi, Sutlej, Kabul, Hab, Dasht
• named deserts: Thar, Thal, Kharan
Candidates should be able to:
• use the appropriate vocabulary when describing the distinguishing features of mountains, plateaux,
floodplains and deserts [NB Knowledge of the formation of the natural topography of Pakistan is NOT
required]
• identify and name the above features on a photograph or drawing
• understand the influence of the natural topography on human activities
(i) steep slopes and flat land on the way that the land is used
(ii) mountains and deserts on the road and rail networks
d) Climate
Candidates should:
• know the distribution of temperature and rainfall, including monsoon, depressions and convectional
rain
• know seasonal and regional variations, and the factors contributing to them, including depressions,
thunderstorms and cyclones (typhoons)

• understand the causes of the monsoon [NB Knowledge of the causes of other types of rain is NOT
required]
• describe and explain the characteristics of the climate of the arid, semi-arid, humid and highland
regions, including seasonal variations
• know the influence of latitude and longitude on day length and climate
• understand the influence of the climate (both the benefits it brings and the problems it causes) on the
economy and on the lives of the people
(i) the influence of low temperature, ice and snow on the lives of people in the mountains
(ii) the influence of rain storms and flooding on agriculture, industry and communications
(iii) the problems caused by drought and shortage of water supply on agriculture and industr

notes needed urgent :(

http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/useful-stuff-compiled-for-o-level.6190/ This Might be helpful but contact the owner of this post his name is anon and he can send it to you by email ........ Keeep Psoting :D Thnks

Reaction score
Excuse me please if u set up the polls then put it correct it shudnt be yes or no but Isl and Pak studies shud be the options !

Also we already have one big thread on these topics http://www.xtremepapers.com/communi...slamiyat-and-urdu-post-your-doubts-here.4055/ so kindly use them its better as all questions are in one place and its easier to answer them there rather then search the whole forum !

Thanks for correcting my mistake ... Sorry as I am New so not use to of posting thread.. :D

Reaction score
i have to appear for pakstudies and isla miat in 2012 i wat good grades when do i start revising need tips notes for islamiat

Reaction score
i have to appear for pakstudies and isla miat in 2012 i wat good grades when do i start revising need tips notes for islamiat

Islmaiyat is more of a knowledge based subject. Some handy tips :
1. Tick..tick..tick.. Time is a major factor. Keep an eye on it, you wont want ending up haphazardly.
2. Expression! It's how you present your answer. The same content with different level of expressing can get different level of grades. Try working on how you write your answer.
3. Sayings. Yes! Learn as many as you can. Your answer cannot get better without them.
4. Keep reading out your syllabus. You'll retain more.

Reaction score
People!
While going through the Caliphs, I'm confused whether we must learn the details of the Campaigns and Battles by heart? (For example, the campaigns in Bahrain, Oman, Mahrah and Yemen during the Caliphate of Abu Bakr?)

Reaction score
People!
While going through the Caliphs, I'm confused whether we must learn the details of the Campaigns and Battles by heart? (For example, the campaigns in Bahrain, Oman, Mahrah and Yemen during the Caliphate of Abu Bakr?)

Not the details. Only their names and just a distinct point if that battle has. Otherwise, learn the events of major battles like Badr etc. Caliphs do give you tough time, but keep on reading them and you'll remember them.

Reaction score
Not the details. Only their names and just a distinct point if that battle has. Otherwise, learn the events of major battles like Badr etc. Caliphs do give you tough time, but keep on reading them and you'll remember them.
but dont forget the important ones ...