• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

isl help..relation with states!

Reaction score
can anyone plz tell me the answer of HolyProphets relation with states?
And plz tell relation with communities,states and nations all mean same??
What has to come in all 3?
plz help!

Reaction score
Plz also tell about Quran commenting on Riba?or similar questions involving Riba?

Reaction score
yeah states and communities can be same but in communities.
Communities (for them) write this.
1.Charter of Madinah (abt Jews)
2.Treaty of Hudaibiya

For States Write this,
1.Hudaibiya again
2.Letters sent to states

Nations like communities will have Hudaibiya i think and Abysinnia kings treatment can come and even the Letters to other states can come .

Yaar read the books they tell u abt riba too
write this saying.
"And Allah has permitted trade and forbidden usury"
then explain abt what usury is or riba is and then tell what is bad abt it and why it is haram in Islam,these question can come in 4 marks :D `

Reaction score
scouserlfc said:
yeah states and communities can be same but in communities.
Communities (for them) write this.
1.Charter of Madinah (abt Jews)
2.Treaty of Hudaibiya

For States Write this,
1.Hudaibiya again
2.Letters sent to states

Nations like communities will have Hudaibiya i think and Abysinnia kings treatment can come and even the Letters to other states can come .

Yaar read the books they tell u abt riba too
write this saying.
"And Allah has permitted trade and forbidden usury"
then explain abt what usury is or riba is and then tell what is bad abt it and why it is haram in Islam,these question can come in 4 marks :D `
Thanx a lot :Yahoo!:
Farkhanda Noor book doesnt contain anything about Riba!!
Well i still seek 4 a complete written answer about states etc..i know its difficult as exams are approaching and you all r busy ...

Reaction score
Here you go...I wrote it quickly...so I hope I have covered all points:

Q (a). Describe any 3 examples from the life of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) to show how Muslim states should deal with other states?
A. One example from the life of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) was the covenant of Madinah which the Holy Prophet signed with all the people of Madinah including Jews. According to the covenant Jews and other tribes were to help Muslims if Madinah faced any danger and in return all minorities had full right to practice their religion freely without any interference from Muslims, the covenant also gave equal rights to all parties residing in Madinah which would enjoy the same security and freedom. Thus this shows how Muslims at that time dealt with other states by being tolerant, friendly and religiously indifferent to them.
Another example from the life of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) was the treaty of al-Hudaibiya. This treaty was the first negotiation between the Quraish of Makkah and Muslims. Although this treaty had terms which were unacceptable to many of his companions, the Holy Prophet (PBUH) still signed it to give peace a chance. This shows how the Holy Prophet (PBUH) tried his level best to maintain peace with even hostile states.
Yet another example from the life of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) is the Conquest of Makkah which occurred due to the Quraish going against the treaty of Hudaibiya. It so happened that a tribe allied with the Quraish, the Banu Bakr, attacked a tribe allied to the Muslims, the Banu Khuza. This was against the terms of the treaty and the Holy Prophet (PBUH) took notice of this and gave the Quraish three options: firstly, to break its alliance with the offending tribe, secondly, to pay compensation for the harm their ally had caused or thirdly, to declare treaty of Hudaibiya dissolved. The Quraish chose the third option. Consequentially the Holy Prophet marched to Madinah with a force of 10000 men and seeing this strength the Quraish surrendered without a fight. The Holy Prophet declared a general amnesty and forgave each and every Makkan except four men who were hardcore enemies of Islam. This event shows the tolerant attitude of Muslims even after a great hurt from the enemy state and also their decisiveness in taking action against them when no chance of peace remained and their kindness to those who surrendered.

Reaction score
there are many quotations on Riba in Dr.David Thomas book and Dr.Iftikhar's book !! go through that and you will be fine !!

Reaction score
Jazakallah to all...you were even faster than TEACHERS!!
I pay homeage to the reply buddies! :Yahoo!:

Reaction score
hello guys CHARTER OF MADINA IN MUSLIM STATES WITH OTHER STATES WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IT WILL BE A BLUNDER if u write it use sense Jews were at that time part of madinian state so how can we write rleation with people of the same state in muslim relation with other state all u can include is TREATY OF HUDAIBYA,CONQUEST OF MAKKAH AND LETTERS TO FOREIGN KING all these charter of madina and jews and hypocrite things will not be included also not events like visit to taif e.t.c.....

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
hello guys CHARTER OF MADINA IN MUSLIM STATES WITH OTHER STATES WILL NOT BE INCLUDED IT WILL BE A BLUNDER if u write it use sense Jews were at that time part of madinian state so how can we write rleation with people of the same state in muslim relation with other state all u can include is TREATY OF HUDAIBYA,CONQUEST OF MAKKAH AND LETTERS TO FOREIGN KING all these charter of madina and jews and hypocrite things will not be included also not events like visit to taif e.t.c.....

you're actually wrong...
See this is from winter 06 question er.

In part (a) candidates were asked to describe any four incidents from the period between 622 and 661 that
show how the Prophet and Caliphs conducted relations with non-Islamic states. There were 3 marks
available for each incident, indicating that candidates were expected to write on each in some detail.
Most candidates were able to think of four incidents, many choosing the Covenant of Madina, the Treaty of
al-Hudaybiya, the capture of Makka, and the capture of Jerusalem. Candidates who described these
incidents in full often gained high marks for this part. One small point: it should be remembered that the
Covenant of Madina was not simply between the Prophet and the Jewish tribes (which many candidates
seemed to assume), but in fact covered all the tribes in the oasis including the Jews, and it did not grant
freedom to the Jews as much as include them among the other tribes in apparent equality. This emphasis is
important to get right.

Reaction score
oka dude first the syllabus has been revised in 2009 and secondly let me tell u that convanent of madina was made to devalop peace in madina all tribes,jews,hypocrites were part of madina right??or they were part of some other state madina on the whole was a state question emphasises on muslim state with other states other states at that time were makkah and the foreign states to whom Prophet wrote the letter

Reaction score
Even though Riba isn't there in the syllabus, it can come since a question on the position of women came in 2010 june even though it is not specified in the syllabus. Hence, ethics can come as part of paper 1. for answers on Riba, Ayesha Tariq is an excellent reference bk.
Position of women, Ayesha Tariq helps too as well as Yasmeen Malik.

Reaction score
and if u have still any reservations u can write charter of madina in it bcs this question is highly expected this year and if u still not clear about this question u can ask DR Ifrikhar-ul-haq who will probably explain it better than me that why charter of madina is not included in this question

Reaction score
Im not questioning your ability, nor am i questioning that of Dr. Iftikhar.. But what is given in the EXAMINER REPORT, is the authority in this case,and i am 100 percent sure, that Dr iftikhar wont check my paper.
I am also aware of the fact that the syllabus has been revised. But, it doesn't mean that the whole history of Islam changed. If the event was acceptable to the examiners of 2006, then i am quite confident that the examiners of 2011 will also award us marks for writing about the Charter of Madinah..
Furthermore, i also know what the Charter was for, and i also object to the fact that the examiners accepted it in 2006. You see, i also know the definition of a state, and the meaning of the phrase "relations with OTHER states." But it seems that examiners probably know more than us. And that is why, I say, the Charter of Madinah, should be included.

If, by any chance, they do not accept it, then its really, a matter of bad luck. :D

Reaction score
now for examiners DAVID THOMAS is the most supreme authority at this time in cambridge o levels islamiat as he is the chief examiner its not a fact that E.R and mark schemes are always write even we cant rely on books written by authors all books say in battle of yarmuk muslims were under abu ubaidah while internet sources and DAVID THOMAS in his revised edition says that in yarmuk muslims were under KHALID BIN WALEED...and also the examiners change continously there are no fix examiners there are part time examiners who chek the papers and examiners can be WRONG but logically thingking this time they are wrong and since that question never really came after 2006 so all we can do is hope for best but i own my own wont be including charter of madina if this ques comes this year

Reaction score
hey guys i think u r missing a point here...the examiner of 2006 have linked the charter of madina with the battles which were fought against the makkans so clearly u have to give reference of the charter of madina.....or 2006 examiner was sleeping while writing the examiner report? :%)

Reaction score
u mean the battles fought against makkans are linked with charter of madina???if u do kindly explain in detail how they are linked???

Reaction score
i dont know what examiner was thinking while writing the examiner report but its a matter of logically thinking the question simply emphasizes on relation of muslim states with other states thats simple during charter of madina madina was a single state and jews,hypocrites and other tribes were part of it they wre not another STATE so how can we say that a state changed relation with its own people and then say it was relation of one state with other state and to be very simple charter of madina was simple a treaty signed to devalop madina as a peaceful society and to improve the relations with other tribes jews and hypocrites who were at that time important part of that state.....

Reaction score
Hey Jews were not the State but were community so charter of Madinah not to be included !!