• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is turkey a good place to go for Engineering?

Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to ask if METU Ankara and BILKENT in turkey are good universities.
Also if internationals can get jobs in turkey?
I have AAB in A levels. Could I get into METU University in turkey?
Is it a good option to study in turkey or should I choose Pakistani university like GIKI or NUST?

Please do answer my questions. Thanks

Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to ask if METU Ankara and BILKENT in turkey are good universities.
Also if internationals can get jobs in turkey?
I have AAB in A levels. Could I get into METU University in turkey?
Is it a good option to study in turkey or should I choose Pakistani university like GIKI or NUST?

Please do answer my questions. Thanks
METU Ankara and METU NCC are both very good universities and are recognized worldwide.
International STUDENTS cannot get jobs while studying, but yes, you CAN get jobs after you're done with studies. You can work On-campus in some universities for scholarships though.
You probably can get into METU NCC but it'll be difficult to get into METU Ankara <--- because METU ankara has VERY FEW INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS.
You should try to get into METU, because that university is worth it. If unfortunately you can't, consider NUST and keep GIKI as a second option.

Reaction score
salam,
metu and bilkent are very good institutions in turkey and they have a healthy ranking too in the world wide. As far as metu is concerned, apply for the northern Cyprus campus and not the ankara campus and ankara campus has a very low acceptance rate i.e 0.1%
For metu BBB could get u an easy 50% scholarship.
And yes sat is very much need in metu and bilkent. Plus the turkish universities gives more inportance to sat maths
section.
bilkent university is also a very good university and has a healthy acceptance rate.
With AAB you could get 100% scholarship. And if you have around 750 in sat math, you could also get accomodation scholarsship.

I have also recieved 100% scholarship from bilkent on both tuition and accomodation.
My sat1 score is 1850 with 770 in maths.
My AS grades are AABB
and my sat2 score is 2280

However i have to tell you that nust and giki offers the same quality of education but as they are in pakistan their degrees are not that significant as those of international.
Hope that answers your queries.

Reaction score
METU Ankara and METU NCC are both very good universities and are recognized worldwide.
International STUDENTS cannot get jobs while studying, but yes, you CAN get jobs after you're done with studies. You can work On-campus in some universities for scholarships though.
You probably can get into METU NCC but it'll be difficult to get into METU Ankara <--- because METU ankara has VERY FEW INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS.
You should try to get into METU, because that university is worth it. If unfortunately you can't, consider NUST and keep GIKI as a second option.

Since most of the universities in Northern Cyprus are not recognized by any country other than Turkey, I would like to know what is the status of Middle Eastern Technical University's Northern Cyprus Campus? Is the degree of METU NCC accepted internationally or not? Moreover, is there any website where I could go and check whether METU NCC is accepted inPak (HEC) and in the USA.