• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is it okay if we write in pencil in the exam?

Reaction score
Thankfully I was not stupid enough to do this, a friend of mine was and he's practically having a nervous breakdown over it. The paper in question is the C1 edexcel paper which was sat today.
So do they mark you down or do they consider it? Or do they not consider it at all?

Reaction score
Thankfully I was not stupid enough to do this, a friend of mine was and he's practically having a nervous breakdown over it. The paper in question is the C1 edexcel paper which was sat today.
So do they mark you down or do they consider it? Or do they not consider it at all?

No cz since they scan it sometimes it wnt be visible

Reaction score
I think they ask you to write in black pen because they scan the papers in.

I have no idea what they do... why don't you ask your friend to search the edexcel website?

Reaction score
It says dont use a gel pen either. i cant remember what i used. darnit.

Reaction score
Does it really matter now? :/
Just tell him it's okay...

Yeah, I think you should tell him its okay, think positive, because in all honesty i personally dont think they're gonna disregard a paper because of that.

Getting a lil bit of info for the future doesnt hurt either, though.

Reaction score
Yeah, I think you should tell him its okay, think positive, because in all honesty i personally dont think they're gonna disregard a paper because of that.

Getting a lil bit of info for the future doesnt hurt either, though.
He has more exams...he shouldn't be worrying. It'll make things worse :/

Reaction score
I doubt they'll disregard a script due to writing in pencil. It wont be scanned, but marked manually as opposed to using the e-pen technique
Watch the video to learn about Edexcel's marking technique:

At some point in the video they say that scripts that cant be scanned are sent for manual marking.