• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is homework harmful or helpful?

Reaction score
Assalam alaikum evry 1 , what's ur opinion about the topic? Is homework helpful 2 u or harmful? For me its quite helpful as it helps to lock the lesson given at school in the mind by implementing the theoretical information into practice and in the form of how v would b facing the question in the exams :)

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Ws!

Haha! Are you kidding me? Of course, it's not harmful.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalam alaikum evry 1 , what's ur opinion about the topic? Is homework helpful 2 u or harmful? For me its quite helpful as it helps to lock the lesson given at school in the mind by implementing the theoretical information into practice and in the form of how v would b facing the question in the exams :)
Waalaikumassalam wr wb!

It's helpful...but not to mention, at times it is harmfull...especially if u have made some timetables and all that for ur upcoming exams, then u may not be able to keep up with it because of 'HOMEWORKS' ......
but at other times, it proves to be helpful...cuz students usuallay dont study, unless they've got homeworks to do :p

Reaction score
Ws!

Haha! Are you kidding me? Of course, it's not harmful.
No it is harmful , talking interms of o and a level students , u've gotto b completing ur pastpapers , u hav to do the homework each day and how can i forget u have to study for the test tomoro as well ... so how can one get time for preparation? there are 24 hrs in a day ...

Reaction score
Never liked it..never learnt anything from it..waste of time imo.

Reaction score
I used to think that it was useless from the beginning till my O Levels. esp. Maths. And man we used to get a lot of homework back then.

Now that I am in A Levels I realize that Homework is of utmost importance. But too bad teachers do give homework now. And even if they do its not checked.

I now understand that we only realize the importance of something only when its gone.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
For me its quite helpful as it helps to lock the lesson given at school in the mind by implementing the theoretical information into practice and in the form of how v would b facing the question in the exams :)

No it is harmful , talking interms of o and a level students , u've gotto b completing ur pastpapers , u hav to do the homework each day and how can i forget u have to study for the test tomoro as well ... so how can one get time for preparation? there are 24 hrs in a day ...

Paradox.

Reaction score
Never did homework , so don't know! :p . I guess if it's well planned by the teacher then it's good but if it's just a formality on the teachers part , then it's no use. Homework only helps if it's completely linked with the lectures in class.

Reaction score
Never did homework , so don't know! :p . I guess if it's well planned by the teacher then it's good but if it's just a formality on the teachers part , then it's no use. Homework only helps if it's completely linked with the lectures in class.

agree wid u!

Reaction score
i loved doing homework. in school i used to do homework for my friends too. this means i did the same homework for about 2/3 times.:p

Reaction score
It is always helpful cz its a daily revision of the work. Although it can be boring at times!

Reaction score
depends on d subject...Math iz almost always helpful...whereas, Urdu iz almost always boring...

Reaction score

Not harmful,but not even helpful as we are not always free and do have other stuff to do apart from doing homework all day long..

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
It's helpful, ok! I teach n in my experience if given in moderate amounts homework is very helpful. :) my two cents on the topic.

Reaction score
Lol,hw isn't harmful,'cause the teacher will always give you homework related to the course you're doing! The hw sums or questions help in preparation of tests which obviously,later on,helps in exams and finals too. So,I think hw cannot be "harmful" in any sense,it's only meant to help you,not harm your academic performance in any way, whatsoever

Reaction score
Helpful........ just read the article on dawn young world 3 march 2012 issue... 'How to manage your homework'