• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

is HL Maths in IB really THAT hard?

Reaction score
I have been thinking about the subjects I'm gonna chose for next year and everyone is telling me to not chose Maths Higher Level, is it really impossible like everyone says?
I really like maths, it's my favorite subject and I don't understand to what extent it can be that hard to get a 7/7

Reaction score
i was wondering the same thing because my brother also said that....he actually laughed at me when i told him i wanted to take HL
I know right! just like everyone else... I need to know soon aswell because i'll be picking my subjects on the 23rd of May!!

Reaction score
oh ok well atleast i got a long way to go....btw think HL physics is also quite hard if u are planning to take that

Reaction score
Actually, it depends on your previous math level in high school and how persistent you are in achieving new concept. Through extra and regular practice you will survive in HL! Good luck!!