• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

INFO on Phy Prctical 31?

Reaction score
Guys, any new info on physics paper 31

I got a "hint" that it might contain something involving a rheostat!? :unknown: :unknown: :unknown: Any conformation?

Reaction score
nope! I think the rheostat qs will definitely be qs 2! btw, do you know how to use it?? I've never even seen one!! :(

Reaction score
no, i've heard tht its the first question means the graph part will be in this ques!
well rheostat is like a coiled wire with a slider on top of it
make sure that u connect the wires correctly!! cuz thts the most common error students make

Reaction score
ha last year in practical we had to use a variable resistor and had never used on before so i took half the exam figuring out how it works

Reaction score
yeah i guess rheostat is pretty much confirmed but can it be in the question with improvement cos i cant think the past papers can help if that is the case

Reaction score
Otaiba13 said:
yeah i guess rheostat is pretty much confirmed but can it be in the question with improvement cos i cant think the past papers can help if that is the case
rheostat is the first question and the first question is always abt the graph and all
the scond question which is abt cylinders (i hav heard so) will be abt improvements and all

Reaction score
cylinders hmm thats too vague to revise experiments on altho i heard about pulleys ???

Reaction score
libra94 said:
Otaiba13 said:
rheostat is the first question and the first question is always abt the graph and all
the scond question which is abt cylinders (i hav heard so) will be abt improvements and all

What do you mean abt cylinders..what would they ask? and what would be limitations/improvments?

Reaction score
Cylinders could refer to a past experiment. The clay cylinder experiment from last year could besomething like that this year.

Reaction score
rheostats eh? and whats with the improvement of the cylinders? the shape? volume? what?

Reaction score
Wahaj332 said:
Cylinders could refer to a past experiment. The clay cylinder experiment from last year could besomething like that this year.
what clay cylinder experiment??

Reaction score
I think O/N 2010. Candidates were supposed to make clay cylinders and alter their length without cutting. Then roll it down a plank of around 50 cm and record the time taken.