• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Important

Reaction score
Hello to all of you!

I know this question might be kind of popular here, but let me ask you again.

How and when did you study, couple months before your O-Level Exams?
Really I need some help from you people..:) Alright so, reply soon.

Reaction score
From the start of the year... These days almost done with everything... And revising...

Reaction score
As for your first question "HOW?" the please refer to the link below
http://www.xtremepapers.me/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5754&start=10

As for the second question "WHEN?", then there is a wide range of appropriate answers for that.
Students of O-levels from different areas of the world depend on different diets and sleeping patterns. these differences ultimately bring the differences and variation of the time of studying.

For some students (well, actually for most of them), the Dawn is the best part of the day to study. You awake from a refreshing sleep, your brain is ready for a new day, it is ready to take in its breakfast. you pray the fajr prayer, then sit at your desk and spend at least one hour with your books and you will soon or later find that your brain is very happy to recieve information at that moment of the day. If this is the time that works best for you, give it for the most difficult subject for you.

For some other students, during the hot hours of the day is much better. They feel more comfortable with their studying during the daylight. But as for what i know, very less number of students concentrate their studies to the daylight.

For the other students, they like the darkness of the night. They sit at their desks studying the books and working hard to learn just before they go to sleep. This also a scientificaly good time, but the problem is, your brain would be expecting you to sleep soon unless this method is a usual habit. There is a much greater problem, some students who study at night start to burn the midnight oil and end up drinking coffee to stay awake at the midnight rather acting like a bookworm then studying. this might bring benifit to the student at the beginning, what what happens is that after some time he begins to have strong headaches, weakness, unable to eat, stress and other much greater problems, even up to the extent of hyper tension!

There is one great strategy that students adapt to, they combine the best times of the day rather then studying in one time of the day. Which means, they use all the time which works for them.
In summary, the point is to have the right timings at the right time. have plans and timetables to follow. Those who cant manage themselves, let their timetables manage them. Time is the factor that always takes the X-Axis, It is the independent variable and we are always dependant on it!.

Now after combining the HOW and WHEN the way it works best for you, here is one great important point you should know,
OUR heart has been given 2 great powers, Thanks to the Creator!
ONE : The Ability to comprehend and understand
TWO : The Ability to Memorise and Protect what has been feeded in.
Most successful students, along with their creative methods of learning and perfect scheduled time tables, combine these Two powers when they study! A* is never too far away, and its never too late to join the ranks of the successful!

Reaction score
:) Thank you very much, Preceptor.
Well, I would like to here from more of you. How you guys study couple months before the exams. And what are the things that inspire you to keep on moving? Hope to hear from most of you.

:cool:

Reaction score
You have to get yourself into it... Once you did... Then you will enjoy and will keep going....

Reaction score
CaptainDanger said:
You have to get yourself into it... Once you did... Then you will enjoy and will keep going....

I completely agree with CaptainDanger on that! it might be difficult to start, but once you practice it everyday, it will become a habit and you will be automated to the process.

But there are moments when you feel bored up or feel like you have studied more than enough or even you might feel leaving you books on the table and playing the PS3 at the time when you should be actually studying. In these times, i would like to point out that inspiration can be achieved in many ways. I cant write all of them here. but i will explain two easy methods.

PAIN
====
Have you ever failed in studies while all of your friends passed it? Have you failed to answer simple questions which your friends answer so easily? have you been humiliated because of your shortcomings in studying? failure is indeed a stepping stone to every successful persons long way to the top. The pain of losing, failure and sorrow is indeed the fuel that keeps us determined and oriented towards our goals. When ever you feel bored up of studying, just recall this pain, recall the regret you had when you were just one mark behind the passing borderline. let this pain fuel your desire to be the top. Some one said "Pain is inevitable, Suffering is Optional". You see, Pain is a real force that drives us the way we accomodate ourselves with it. After all, "No pain, No gain".

HOPES
======
What are your dreams? what do you hope to become? how many sacrifices were made for you by your parents for your studies? dont you hope to return back the favor? dont you want to be a respected person? Dreams! All Dreams and hopes! we are driven by these hopes. when ever you get bored up, remember your dreams, have a thirst for it. but dont end up losing your day in worthless day dreams. you have goals, you have ambitions, and wasting time on just PS3 or sleeping a lot isnt going to help in pursuing those goals.

In Short, let your hope show you the way, and let your pain drive you there. Remember, Human emotions are of very much use when used with wisdom. Every thing that exists is a tool. Its up to you to chose how you are going to utilize and use it. Never waste time... Time never forgives! I have just told how you can use two of your emotions in a combo. Find new ways, inspiration for your self can only be found by you! My DNA wont match with yours and neither yours with me, same way, our opinions and the set of our beliefs determine how we can gain inspiration. And in the end, he who waits for others will be left behind! Be fast!

Reaction score
Thanks for your posts really interesting, any other ideas would greatly appreciated. :D