• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IMPORTANT:TIP FOR SEQUENCE

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
i dont think u need to learn any complicated formulas if u r smart enough.Believe me they will make u work out any thing extra needed to find the the nth term for eg in one question they made u find nth term for 2 simple sequences and the last complicated one was just to add the first 2 nth terms so i suggest u to look in the questions carefully and u will find the solution.
one more tip for the formula a+(n-1)d theres a simple way if in the question a same no. is being added say 4 find the term that could be b4 first term if 1st term is 6 the term b4 that will be 6-4=2 nth term will be 4,the no.added,x n + 2,the term b4 first term ,i.e. nth term = 4n+2

Reaction score
Re: Important tip for sequence

will thats pretty old fashoin working awesome way
but still because many are doing mistakes i prefare that studnets who feel they are weak ( espically the one's going for core) use only the formulaes for there saftyness
but be sure i will follow your way...

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Important tip for sequence

i would only suggest this method if u understant it well anyway 1 more tip that use ur fomula to check it for the terms given to confirm that u worked it right!!

Reaction score
formula for quadratic equations is:
=First term+(n-1)first difference+{[(n-1)(n-2)(second difference)]/2}
first term is the first term itself
first difference is for eg.
this quadratic sequence 6,9,14,21,30....
the difference between the first 2 terms is first difference
second difference:
for eg
6,9,14,21,30....the differeence between the difference of the first 2 first differnce or also the 2nd and 3rd (the second difference should be equal between all the first difference of back to back terms (eg 2,3))