• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Importance of SAT !!!

Reaction score
Guys I'm an A-Levels pre-engineering student currently in A1. My main aim is to get admission in LUMS SSE for Electrical Engineering. But I'm confused about giving SAT II or not? I mean it isn't necessary for students to give SAT II but what if I plan to give its test. Would it be better? or its not worth it? &I have heard that LCAT is similar to SAT II. So does giving SAT II and scoring high or lets say average marks gives u advantage over those who haven't given SAT II ??

My Grades in O Levels were 6 A's and 2 B's & I'm trying and gonna built a strong co-curricular in my A-Levels. :)

And can someone give me some website link or info to when exactly SAT II tests are held?
P.S: Giving SAT II worth it or not? (especially for LUMS SSE)

Reaction score
YOu need some correction here.
For admission in LUMS SSE it is necessary to give the entry test.
To prepare for the test it is recommended that you use SAT Subject Test books.
But if you also plan on giving SAT Subject Tests then you are encouraged to do so. It would look rather attractive on your application.

YOu can not appear in SAT in lieu of the admission test.

But in NUST you can appear in SAT II in lieu of the admission test. or appear in both.

Hope I helped.

Don't forget to press the thanks button!! :)

EDIT: LCAT is for Law etc. For science you have to appear in SSE entry test.
Your O Levels are just fine.
If you get accepted you get an offer i.e a minimum of 2B and 1C. and no grade lower than a C and no more than 1 C.

And for the dates here you go.
http://sat.collegeboard.org/register/sa ... onal-dates

Reaction score
AS FAR AS I KNOW FOR GETTING ADMISSION IN LUMS YOU HAVE TO HAVE 2B'S AND 1C.
AND YOU HAVE TO GIVE LCAT ...... SAT IS NOT REQUIRED.
I KNOW THIS BECAUSE EVERY YEAR A GROUP OF PEOPLE COME IN OUR SCHOOL FOR CAREER COUNSELLING AND THEY SAID THE ABOVE MENTIONED THINGS.

Reaction score
Hmm.. So If I will be preparing from SAT II books for SSE test then I think giving SAT II would be better. Same prep for both and greater chances of admission. :)

Reaction score
Take it easy. U did ur job in Olevels, now just focus on entry test. Yep Sat will help, just dont get a double C or u r doomed.

Reaction score
Ghazna12 said:
Take it easy. U did ur job in Olevels, now just focus on entry test. Yep Sat will help, just dont get a double C or u r doomed.

Lol :lol: Will never let that happen!

Reaction score
Very important. Need to fulfill all the criterias . Though co-curriculars arent that necessary. A few would do. Rest make sure tht u send them all the documents.

Reaction score
yes we need to send out all the things they ask for. but do transcripts count alot keeping in mind i m doing A levels not As so giving ll papers in one go this may.

Reaction score
Seriously, Alixx? You are asking that question on every single thread about LUMS. Just calm down and think about the present. What YOU can do now. Prepare as perfectly as possible for the test and the transcript won't matter. If you are bound to get in LUMS, you will. IA!

Reaction score
hi guys ....... can anyone exactly tell me what level of competetion is around,,,,,, and are my AS level grades are enough , I GOT 1A in phy and B in math and chem, to be accepted anywhere cause we hear alot of unbealivable things in UAE about pak guys