• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I'm thinking of studying Physics A2 alone,is that possible?

Reaction score
Will I need a teacher? I really think I can just study from the book and then do the past papers. I got b in AS physics this past May/June session.

Reaction score
Will I need a teacher? I really think I can just study from the book and then do the past papers. I got b in AS physics this past May/June session.
it depends on u if u enjoy studying physics then go for it leave tution. i love stuyding physics thats why i never take tution for physics

Reaction score
if u get a studying environment where u can study for 3-4 hours without any distractions and and u have particular interest in physics then go for it

Reaction score
It is if you are interested in physics and if you will give 3 to 4 hours for it daily Then you can do it !
But a professional teacher is recommended but you must chose the right one , if you choose the wrong one then you are gooooone !!!!!
But other than that you can do it on your own
But Give Some Time For It

Reaction score
if u get a studying environment where u can study for 3-4 hours without any distractions and and u have particular interest in physics then go for it

4 hours daily? How do you study? when do you start doing the past papers?

Reaction score
It is if you are interested in physics and if you will give 3 to 4 hours for it daily Then you can do it !
But a professional teacher is recommended but you must chose the right one , if you choose the wrong one then you are gooooone !!!!!
But other than that you can do it on your own
But Give Some Time For It

Thanks for the advice! :):):)

Reaction score
i dont have a studying environment. kids disturb me all the time and there's a lot of noise and other distractions also but if u have a distractions free room then 4 hours will be more than sufficient

Reaction score
stick to the coursebooks all the other books are useless study thoroughly try to memorize the important points and then go for past papers u can like study a chapter then solve topical past papers that will help. if u do little or no past papers then u will be in grave danger

Reaction score
stick to the coursebooks all the other books are useless study thoroughly try to memorize the important points and then go for past papers u can like study a chapter then solve topical past papers that will help. if u do little or no past papers then u will be in grave danger

Yeah,that's what I'm doing. (y)
Yes,they are very important.
What about paper 5? doing past papers is sufficient for me to ace it?

Reaction score

If you understand the concept using the coursebook and have someone to solve the problems you'll face while solving the calculations in the question paper, then you do not need a teacher. But let me warn you, in the case of physics, question papers tend to be harder than understanding the concepts itself, those sums ie. Make sure there will be someone to help you with them.

Reaction score
If you understand the concept using the coursebook and have someone to solve the problems you'll face while solving the calculations in the question paper, then you do not need a teacher. But let me warn you, in the case of physics, question papers tend to be harder than understanding the concepts itself, those sums ie. Make sure there will be someone to help you with them.

Thank you for the advice,it's very nice of you.

Reaction score