• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I'm new here and can anyone help me out with this please :)

Reaction score
5^y= k and find ,in terms of k, the value of 5^y+1
Alright this is the question.. wat i think is when u just imagine 5^2 = 25 this shows y=2 and k= 25
next equation 5^2+1 = 5^3 = 125 y=2 and k=25 when u multiply 25 by 5 u get 125 (i.e 5k)
hence the answer should be 5k. I hope u understand.:)

Reaction score
(a) this is because the sample has almost completely decayed and the reason why the count rate increases at times, it might be due to background radiation.

Reaction score
(a) this is because the sample has almost completely decayed and the reason why the count rate increases at times, it might be due to background radiation.
i need ans for part b........anyway thanx for considering and sparing ur precious time to help me......fikr na karo aaj kal mujhe acha bane ka dora pada hai!!!

Reaction score
ohh achaaa ..
half life of background plus source is about 2.8 days ( 52 counts)
count rate of only background is almost 14. so 52-14 = 38. use the graph to find the half life of this 38 ( source) , it would be around 1. so 2.8-1 = 1.8
that's the answer.

Reaction score
bohat bohat shukriya aapka
ohh achaaa ..
half life of background plus source is about 2.8 days ( 52 counts)
count rate of only background is almost 14. so 52-14 = 38. use the graph to find the half life of this 38 ( source) , it would be around 1. so 2.8-1 = 1.8
that's the answer.