• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE vs GCE O levels

Reaction score
Salam,so a friend of mine told me that IGCSE is very easy and is made for low-graders,but according to my loooooonnnggggg research on this topic,IGCSE and O levels (Cambridge) are exactly the same.So is it true that igcse is for low graders?

Reaction score
I don't think so. I went to look for past papers for computer science (I do IGCSE) and I found the exact same paper on O levels by Cambridge. So I don't think there is a difference. However, GCSE is much more easier than IGCSEs and O levels and there is actually a GCSE for photography.

Reaction score
Salam,so a friend of mine told me that IGCSE is very easy and is made for low-graders,but according to my loooooonnnggggg research on this topic,IGCSE and O levels (Cambridge) are exactly the same.So is it true that igcse is for low graders?
Nah man. They are of same degree of difficulty

Reaction score
Some countries do tailor their own O level papers to make them slightly more difficult than other countries.

Reaction score
Most Cambridge IGCSE subjects have this thing called "Core" syllabus and "Extended" syllabus. Core is very trivial, basic stuff whereas Extended is more challenging like O Levels or sometimes even more difficult.
But, it doesnt really matter whether you do Extended IGCSE or O Levels, they have the same level of recognition, more or less.