• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE or O levels

Reaction score
I appeared in O levels but got average grades (Cs & Ds). I'd like to repeat but firstly I want to know if IGCSE is easier or O levels?
Secondly, if I take IGCSE then how would I be able to get an equivalence from IBCC as there is no Islamiyat and Urdu in IGCSE subjects?

Thanks.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
IGCSE is more conceptual and more recognizable in Britain than O-level.

For Islamiyat and Urdu u have to opt for O-level as IGCSE is purely international.

Reaction score
Are you sure that IBCC would issue an equivalence for some IGCSE and O level subjects combined?

TSZ

Reaction score
Hey, I'm doing my IGCSE as my school has finished O-levels and I gave my Urdu, Isl n' Pak. Std. via O-levels. Dun worry u'll get ure equivalence. but i have one question as well. Do we get an equivalence if we give edexcel?

Reaction score
yes for Ed-excel as well
IBCC has also provided links below for CIE,|Ed excel and all boards of Pakistan.
Please see the attachment and carefully
read the instructions for degree/certificate equivalence issued by IBCC.
hopes you will relax now.

Attachments

• IBCC equivalence form and terms conditions for O-A Level.doc
    74 KB · Views: 40
Reaction score
Thanks... so guys, what's easier, IGCSE or O levels? as I said... I'll be repeating some subjects.

Reaction score
hi,
nothing is easy
in both you have to put your full effort to get A/ A * grade :)
the main difference is that IGCSE is more common in europe and britain but O-level is more common in ASIA

no one can tell you what is easy for you
i would suggest you to download some papers of both IGCSE and O-level and check which seems easier to you

well from my point of view i feel IGCSE is more easier :)

Reaction score
Hmm... maths of O levels is easier while other subjects of IGCSE seem easier. =S

Reaction score
IGCSE is rather easier than O level and is also more acceptable .