• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE Maths Paper 42

Reaction score
So guys! hows prep for p4? Im so Sure this papers gona be so bombarded with all topics..

As no main topics showed up in P2!

Good luck to all ANYWAY! :)

Reaction score
well p2 was easy ... hope dat p4 won't be hard :( ..
well this is a msg fo evry1 ..
hello evry1! cn any1 plz give a helpfull advice on math p4...hw to ace dem easily? any gud tip to get good on questions like 4rm mensurations :? :(

Reaction score
well p2 was easy ... hope dat p4 won't be hard :( ..
well this is a msg fo evry1 ..
hello evry1! cn any1 plz give a helpfull advice on math p4...hw to ace dem easily? any gud tip to get good on questions like 4rm mensurations :? :(
the only tip was to get full in paper 2 so that u can lose like 10 to 15 marks in paper 4 to get an overall A* :p
BUT questions like for mensuration are easy u just need to know the formulas and don't forget to read the question properly

Reaction score
the only tip was to get full in paper 2 so that u can lose like 10 to 15 marks in paper 4 to get an overall A* :p
BUT questions like for mensuration are easy u just need to know the formulas and don't forget to read the question properly
thnx fo da advice =) buh p2 hv gone so all cn b done is fo p4...

Reaction score
Also. Look at the units. This is pretty important missed a 100% before because of that :(

Reaction score
How did you guys find Paper 2?
I really hope Paper 4 wont be that hard, I hope transformations wont come! I hate that stuff :s
transformations are easy u just need to know the matrix forms of each transformation which will help u make the image.

Reaction score
Can u post the matrix for each transformation??
I prefer the unit vector method to find a transformation matrix. But if you want to learn all the matrices, here they are.

Attachments

• Transformation Matrices.docx
    12.6 KB · Views: 205
Reaction score
Any tips for the exam? what to focus on and what not to. Also some studying tips would be good.

Reaction score
Can you teach me the unit vector method to find a transformation matrix?, I get confused when memorizing all their matrices :/

Reaction score
I'm sure in paper 4 questions such as transformations, ratio and percentages, graphs, matrices and mensuration would definitely come! :)
GOOD LUCK everyone and pray for good grades! :)

Reaction score
Can you teach me the unit vector method to find a transformation matrix?, I get confused when memorizing all their matrices :/
I agree! But notnek01's notes are good.. I think our only option is just to memorise them. When are you guys doing Paper 4?

Reaction score
can anyone tell me how to find the scale factor in shear if the image is given???

Reaction score
i want to know if theres any formulas for the nth term like the a+(n-1)d ??? because i'm really losing too much from the nth term question

Reaction score
i want to know if theres any formulas for the nth term like the a+(n-1)d ??? because i'm really losing too much from the nth term question
Nth term of an arithmetic sequence: t(1) +d(n-1) where t(1) is term 1 and d is common difference
Nth term of a geometric sequence: t(1) x r^n-1) where t(1) is term 1 and r is common ratio
Nth term of a quadratic equation: an^2 +bn + c where 2a = second difference, 3a +b = first difference and a +b +c = term 1