• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE English Language Paper 3

Reaction score
Guys anyone has done igcse english language paper 3? Was it hard....especially the narrative and descriptive? If you haven't, when is your paper?

Reaction score
Guys for English language paper 32 I wrote against optimism than for it in directed writing. Will I lose marks for this because usually marking scheme has points for both for and against

Reaction score
I gave points for both for(around 40%) and against(around 60%). But the thing is I concluded that optimism should not be included. So I hope I have 10 points to give me full in content.

Reaction score
I gave points for both for(around 40%) and against(around 60%). But the thing is I concluded that optimism should not be included. So I hope I have 10 points to give me full in content.
Absolutely no problem with that. The best way to go about it would be to give points for or against. And you should develop those points.
You will gain marks for the 60/40 ratio, but the P3 directed writing is more style based.
The marks for the content will actually come from your style. That's because your style of writing will actually prove how much you've understood.

Reaction score
I think I gave variant 1 for Paper 3...anyways how was paper 2 for ya'll?? I found it a little tricky :/

Reaction score
Absolutely no problem with that. The best way to go about it would be to give points for or against. And you should develop those points.
You will gain marks for the 60/40 ratio, but the P3 directed writing is more style based.
The marks for the content will actually come from your style. That's because your style of writing will actually prove how much you've understood.
Actually in the composition part I wrote more than the word limit(Page limit also). Do you think I will be penalised because I read a few candidate responses and one person who got 25/25 wrote around 540 words which could have exceeded 2 sides(which was the limit back then)

Reaction score
Actually in the composition part I wrote more than the word limit(Page limit also). Do you think I will be penalised because I read a few candidate responses and one person who got 25/25 wrote around 540 words which could have exceeded 2 sides(which was the limit back then)
No haha, I don't think so.
I'm assuming you wrote Narrative. If the plot is good, then an examiner will not penalise you. However, if the plot isn't all that great, then the examiner may harshly penalise you.
If you wrote Descriptive, well I think its really tough to exceed word limits in descriptive, but if that's what happened, then I don't think a descriptive that exceeds word limits could score well. That's becuase a long descriptive usually means that the candidate is just rambling and dragging it on and on and examiners hate that.

Reaction score
No haha, I don't think so.
I'm assuming you wrote Narrative. If the plot is good, then an examiner will not penalise you. However, if the plot isn't all that great, then the examiner may harshly penalise you.
If you wrote Descriptive, well I think its really tough to exceed word limits in descriptive, but if that's what happened, then I don't think a descriptive that exceeds word limits could score well. That's becuase a long descriptive usually means that the candidate is just rambling and dragging it on and on and examiners hate that.
Yeah I wrote narrative question 5