• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE Accounting 0452

Reaction score
Because the members have paid the money for the next year or whatsoever, so it's like a liability to the club owners since it's like you owe the members a service, which they have not yet realized. They come under Current Liabilities in the Balance Sheet.
When you draw up a subscriptions account, any subscriptions paid in advance are carried down as a credit balance to the following period.

Hope you get it :)
Yes I know it is a current liability
I meant why not add there :D :D
You explained about the subscription account..
In income statement, the subscriptions prepaid at the end of the year are subtracted from subscriptions paid during the year (In expenses) , right?, So I guess when calculating correct net surplus, it should be subtracted.. I mean we subtract expenses from Gross profit, so (-)expenses (-)prepaid = (+) to Gross profit, so in the reverse(Calculating corrected net surplus) we add :) Is that right?
Sorry I am having a struggle when it comes to accounting, I get confused for merely no reason.. :D

Reaction score
Yes I know it is a current liability
I meant why not add there :D :D
You explained about the subscription account..
In income statement, the subscriptions prepaid at the end of the year are subtracted from subscriptions paid during the year (In expenses) , right?, So I guess when calculating correct net surplus, it should be subtracted.. I mean we subtract expenses from Gross profit, so (-)expenses (-)prepaid = (+) to Gross profit, so in the reverse(Calculating corrected net surplus) we add :) Is that right?
Sorry I am having a struggle when it comes to accounting, I get confused for merely no reason.. :D

In the income statement, the subscriptions are only listed under income, and the amount under it is derived from opening a subscription account.

You are just confusing yourself. :)
The difference (the equaling factor) between both the debit and credit side of a subscription account goes to the income statement.
While the Subscriptions received in advance come under current liabilities, and subscriptions owing come under the current assets.

Did you still not get it?

Reaction score
In the income statement, the subscriptions are only listed under income, and the amount under it is derived from opening a subscription account.

You are just confusing yourself. :)
The difference (the equaling factor) between both the debit and credit side of a subscription account goes to the income statement.
While the Subscriptions received in advance come under current liabilities, and subscriptions owing come under the current assets.

Did you still not get it?
Oh.. got it .. it seems that I have forgot a lot :)
Thank you very much for reminding me :D :D
MashaAllah it looks like u understand accounting very well (y)

Reaction score
Past questions, work them thoroughly and you should have no problem. Hoping this will be an A* for me

Reaction score
Accounting is the worst subject anyone can take p in igcse
One mistake and bam 4 marks lost right there
I have been working very hard i hope the papers are easy :(

Reaction score
Accounting is the worst subject anyone can take p in igcse
One mistake and bam 4 marks lost right there
I have been working very hard i hope the papers are easy :(

If you have been working so hard then in shaa Allah it will be good for you :)
The problem with me is I am taking IGCSE accounting along with 3 AS subjects, so Time was short.. I gave more time to AS subjects and accounting took a back seat :D .. I know I didn't work that hard in it :D :D :D

Reaction score
If you have been working so hard then in shaa Allah it will be good for you :)
The problem with me is I am taking IGCSE accounting along with 3 AS subjects, so Time was short.. I gave more time to AS subjects and accounting took a back seat :D .. I know I didn't work that hard in it :D :D :D

And in one session (year) :D

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I just got an exam tom. and then I will be free to post whatever you guys need.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reaction score
Hi ! What does factory overheads mean ?!

the indirect cost for the manufacturing ... eg .indirect wages.. factory general expenses ... these are cost for the manufacturing. bt as they r not directly related in making of the goods .v consider them as factory overheads(indirect costs)

Reaction score
Can someone please post formats of all the accounts please! i seem to be having a problem finding them! please help me!

thanks in advance! :)