• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE, A/AS level Math & Physics

Reaction score
Hello! :) I have a question for those who have studied A/AS level Math & Physics: If I only study AS & A level Math & Physics, would I be able to answer the International GCSE exams as well?

Reaction score
No. Because some things are way more simple at IGCSE level and usually knowledge beyond that level is ignored. For example, taking logs. And solving as a logarithm.

Reaction score
ok. thanks :) i thought that about math, but what about in physics? will there be topics in the igcse that won't be discussed in A-level?

Reaction score
Not really. Everything will be discussed but in more complex ways. So if you plan on sitting both, study IGCSE and then develop that knowledge to A level. Also, you will find it very difficult to grasp concepts without IGCSE knowledge

Reaction score
i have started studying AS-level and if most topics from the igcse will be discussed, then i might take both for physics. thanks a lot! :)

Reaction score
Hello! :) I have a question for those who have studied A/AS level Math & Physics: If I only study AS & A level Math & Physics, would I be able to answer the International GCSE exams as well?
Oh now I get what you mean
Hmm there is always new stuff to find .. Igcse olevel was much easier than a level edexcel
I stil am not very sure about if thts wat u wanted :p

Reaction score
Oh now I get what you mean
Hmm there is always new stuff to find .. Igcse olevel was much easier than a level edexcel
I stil am not very sure about if thts wat u wanted :p

what do you mean? you're not sure if it's possible to just study A level and take both exams?