• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE 2013 RESULTS (PLEASE CHECK)

Reaction score
Hello and good morning guys!
I gave 6 subjects for this year IGCSE..
I was so sad and depressed about my grade so please tell me did I do well ?
I got 3 A* and 3 A's ..
Physics - A*
Chemistry- A*
Maths - A*
First language english - A
French - A
ICT - A
How is it? :/

Reactions: K1D
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? Are you actually kidding me?

You're 'sad and depressed' about getting 3As and 3A*s. Wow, way to trivialise depression.

To answer your question; yes, you did 'well'. Better than just 'well', in fact. Your results are brilliant and you know it, so I'd suggest you stopping fishing for compliments.

Reaction score
Hello and good morning guys!
I gave 6 subjects for this year IGCSE..
I was so sad and depressed about my grade so please tell me did I do well ?
I got 3 A* and 3 A's ..
Physics - A*
Chemistry- A*
Maths - A*
First language english - A
French - A
ICT - A
How is it? :/
That''s great! Specially when the A's are in English , French and ICT.. Which are considered difficult to ace because of their high grade threshold
So that's awesome mashaAllah! Congratulationzzzzzzz xD
(y) (y) (y) (y)

Reaction score
You either say something good or dont .. In my opinion this is so bad because i honestly thought Id get 6 A* in addition, ICT - A is a tragedy..

You're 'sad and depressed' about getting 3As and 3A*s. Wow, way to trivialise depression.

To answer your question; yes, you did 'well'. Better than just 'well', in fact. Your results are brilliant and you know it, so I'd suggest you stopping fishing for compliments.

Reaction score
You either say something good or dont .. In my opinion this is so bad because i honestly thought Id get 6 A* in addition, ICT - A is a tragedy..

Actually no. You posted this question in a public forum, and I am perfectly entitled to reply in any way I see fit. Saying that I should "either say something good or dont" (which, by the way, doesn't mean what you're intending to say but I get the gist) shows that you're simply fishing for compliments. Well, I'm incredibly sorry to disappoint, but you won't find them here.

If getting an A in ICT is a 'tragedy' to you, then you must lead a very cushy life. My advice would be to take up a hobby.

Reaction score
Actually no. You posted this question in a public forum, and I am perfectly entitled to reply in any way I see fit. Saying that I should "either say something good or dont" (which, by the way, doesn't mean what you're intending to say but I get the gist) shows that you're simply fishing for compliments. Well, I'm incredibly sorry to disappoint, but you won't find them here.

If getting an A in ICT is a 'tragedy' to you, then you must lead a very cushy life. My advice would be to take up a hobby.

truer words have not been said..

Reaction score
In the mocks I got 78/80 in P3 and 74/75 in P2 and 95/100 in theory P1 .. now tell me how it is like getting an A ??
Respect is needed here otherwise go Furself

Reaction score
In the mocks I got 78/80 in P3 and 74/75 in P2 and 95/100 in theory P1 .. now tell me how it is like getting an A ??
Respect is needed here otherwise go Furself

Thanks, I was really interested to read about your mock results! This is vital information that is very relevant to me. Anything else you'd like to share? What about your UMS? Or anything else, bank account details maybe? I'd love to learn about every detail of your life.

Okay, I will go to Furself. It sounds like a pretty cool place, where is it?

Reaction score
sam thomas ur right those grades dont suite u i mean ur 35 years old for cryin out load 35 years old damn really how do they allow u to do igcse tell me

Reaction score
sam thomas ur right those grades dont suite u i mean ur 35 years old for cryin out load 35 years old damn really how do they allow u to do igcse tell me

From his comebacks I don't think he's really 35 years old.. I mean cmon we're on internet..

That's a nasty burn there..
Have mercy on him, he probably has no one to compliment him irl.

Reaction score

*Shrugs* Not really. I mean, I said his grades were 'brilliant' and you have to admit that there's a lot of truth in what I'm saying.

I'm afraid that isn't my concern. As you say, 'we're on the internet' and people have different views. I haven't straight-up insulted him, I just don't know what he was expecting. He came here looking for honest responses, which he then received, then proceeded to have a tantrum about it.

Reaction score

Im not 35 im 17 years but i used fake info in this account.

From his comebacks I don't think he's really 35 years old.. I mean cmon we're on internet..

Thanks for your support.. I was a straight A* student and i never lost 5 marks in ICT and then I got an A which is a total shock for me and when I post my problem here everybody comes an thinks im fishing for compliments :p You have to see how our generation is and how we treat each other and this is why we humans will never respect each other .. Dont try talking to them,, arguing with an idiot only proves there are two. :)
Have a nice day

Reaction score
You have to see how our generation is and how we treat each other and this is why we humans will never respect each other .. Dont try talking to them,, arguing with an idiot only proves there are two. :)
Have a nice day

I'll assume that this message is aimed at me. Next time it would be handy if you could quote me rather than posting vague blocks of text, but you're clearly in a very distressed state due to your AWFUL results, so I'm willing to overlook it this time.

I don't really know what you mean by humans never respecting each other. Personally I have respect for a lot of people such as my friends, teachers, and colleagues. I'd also like to think that people have respect for me as well. In fact, I respect almost anyone until I have been given reason not to.

In my eyes, you were a blank canvas from the point when I started to read your thread. Lets examine the situation:
-You come to the forum complaining about grades that frankly, you should be proud of. This is disrespectful to people who may have received grades worse than yours.
-In your post you claim to feel 'depressed'. This is incredibly demeaning and disrespectful towards the people that suffer from actual depression. 'Depression' is not an emotion, it is a disease, and trivialising it in this way is disgusting.
-Your post appeared to welcome comments 'How is it? :/', but when these comments were posted you reacted very badly to people who dared to say anything negative. This is disrespectful to the people that look the time to reply to your query.
-You told kh.usama that he 'has issues' and that he should 'STFU'. Clearly, this was very disrespectful of you.
-You tried to tell me to 'f*** myself'. Again, you failed to respect me here.
-Even after all of this, you referred to me as an idiot. This was uncalled for. I never directly insulted you in this way. It's clear from your grades that you're not an idiot, yet you still appear to want to act in an incredibly immature fashion. Such childish insults are definitely disrespectful.
-Seeing as the posts appear to be otherwise unrelated to the thread, I'm going to assume that you're using another account to say 'screw u' and call me a 'pussy'. Forgive me if I am wrong, if it is not you then you have my sincere apologies. However, if it is you, 'screw u' is rude and 'pussy' is misogynistic. Please, re-evaluate your life.

So, please, tell me more about why I should respect you.

You amuse me, Sam :). Maybe stand up comedy could be that hobby I was talking about? You could do well in that.

Nice new signature, by the way. I wasn't actually arguing with you; merely trying to have a calm discussion, but okay. :) I don't imagine that you'll bother replying to this post, but my hope is that you'll take aboard my comments and start acting like the intelligent human being you are.

Have a nice life, son.

Reaction score
Sam, your grades are seriously VERY GOOD but I get your point about being sad and depressed. I also get a*s mostly and if I were in your position I would feel the same way.

Reaction score
1) Wrong assumption in the first place.
2) By respect I , ofcourse, didnt mean your teachers and colleagues :p Have some time to think before you speak that I meant strangers like me
3) This is the most important point of all ,, why cant you all realize that there are differences in people's point of view about results .. For some people and their performance at school they would be really happy for a C and a B and for others who were well time-organized and energy-organized perceive an A as a tragedy after all that 2 years of hardwork and tolerance .. At the end of the day, neither do we both know each other , you wouldnt know how my performance and you wouldnt know what getting 24/25 on a monthly quiz feels like ... For me, I posted this query to get honest replies , if you're honest answer was this rude, dull, mean, inhumane, disgusting and intolerable then I think you could have used your good english I see here to re-phrase your so called HONEST answer in a purely intellectual way instead of looking so deprived from nature .. I assume again, my point reached you
Have a good day, Lizzie
have a good day , daughter :)
I'll assume that this message is aimed at me. Next time it would be handy if you could quote me rather than posting vague blocks of text, but you're clearly in a very distressed state due to your AWFUL results, so I'm willing to overlook it this time.

I don't really know what you mean by humans never respecting each other. Personally I have respect for a lot of people such as my friends, teachers, and colleagues. I'd also like to think that people have respect for me as well. In fact, I respect almost anyone until I have been given reason not to.

In my eyes, you were a blank canvas from the point when I started to read your thread. Lets examine the situation:
-You come to the forum complaining about grades that frankly, you should be proud of. This is disrespectful to people who may have received grades worse than yours.
-In your post you claim to feel 'depressed'. This is incredibly demeaning and disrespectful towards the people that suffer from actual depression. 'Depression' is not an emotion, it is a disease, and trivialising it in this way is disgusting.
-Your post appeared to welcome comments 'How is it? :/', but when these comments were posted you reacted very badly to people who dared to say anything negative. This is disrespectful to the people that look the time to reply to your query.
-You told kh.usama that he 'has issues' and that he should 'STFU'. Clearly, this was very disrespectful of you.
-You tried to tell me to 'f*** myself'. Again, you failed to respect me here.
-Even after all of this, you referred to me as an idiot. This was uncalled for. I never directly insulted you in this way. It's clear from your grades that you're not an idiot, yet you still appear to want to act in an incredibly immature fashion. Such childish insults are definitely disrespectful.
-Seeing as the posts appear to be otherwise unrelated to the thread, I'm going to assume that you're using another account to say 'screw u' and call me a 'pussy'. Forgive me if I am wrong, if it is not you then you have my sincere apologies. However, if it is you, 'screw u' is rude and 'pussy' is misogynistic. Please, re-evaluate your life.

So, please, tell me more about why I should respect you.

You amuse me, Sam :). Maybe stand up comedy could be that hobby I was talking about? You could do well in that.

Nice new signature, by the way. I wasn't actually arguing with you; merely trying to have a calm discussion, but okay. :) I don't imagine that you'll bother replying to this post, but my hope is that you'll take aboard my comments and start acting like the intelligent human being you are.

Have a nice life, son.

Reaction score
1) Wrong assumption in the first place.
2) By respect I , ofcourse, didnt mean your teachers and colleagues :p Have some time to think before you speak that I meant strangers like me
3) This is the most important point of all ,, why cant you all realize that there are differences in people's point of view about results .. For some people and their performance at school they would be really happy for a C and a B and for others who were well time-organized and energy-organized perceive an A as a tragedy after all that 2 years of hardwork and tolerance .. At the end of the day, neither do we both know each other , you wouldnt know how my performance and you wouldnt know what getting 24/25 on a monthly quiz feels like ... For me, I posted this query to get honest replies , if you're honest answer was this rude, dull, mean, inhumane, disgusting and intolerable then I think you could have used your good english I see here to re-phrase your so called HONEST answer in a purely intellectual way instead of looking so deprived from nature .. I assume again, my point reached you
Have a good day, Lizzie
have a good day , daughter :)

1) In that case I apologise. I don't know who else that could have been aimed at, but if I really was jumping to conclusions then I am genuinely sorry.
2) I'm fairly certain that the people I respect are humans, so you should have been more specific. And, as mentioned in my previous post, I DO respect strangers (in particular people who are older than me, which includes you) until I'm given reason not to.
3) Can you not see that your results are good and that your comments are demeaning to those who will have received grades worse than yours? I'm sorry if you don't like them, but the indisputable truth is that a lot of people would be happy to get these results. If this is a failure in your eyes then fine, but everyone has setbacks at some point and the reality is these grades are not going to hold you back in life at all. Once you go on to do further qualifications (A-Levels/IB, degree etc) nobody is going to care about your GCSEs.

I think it's quite ridiculous to assume that people who get Bs and Cs are not organised. Some people are just not suited to taking exams and to some extent it's the luck of the draw of what is in the exam. A friend of mine was had been getting As all year in mock tests, then in the real exam she came out with a D. Does that mean she was 'unorganised'?

For your information, I used to be like you. I'd complain if I got anything less than perfect. For my geography coursework I got an A* but that didn't matter to me because I was a few marks off of top marks. I soon learned that 1) this is a very obnoxious way to live and 2) GCSEs mean virtually nothing in the long run and that I should lighten up a little.

It was not my intention to appear 'rude, dull, mean, inhumane, disgusting and intolerable' (let's list all the adjectives we know! Yaaaaaay!). I was just telling it as it is. If I wanted to be rude I would have said "Hey m8 shut the f*** up #swag ur gradez is good innit" . I'm just trying to get it through your thick skull that yes, your grades are good and you should quit complaining because you look ridiculous.

Awww man. I wished you a nice life and you only wished me to have a nice day. I'm offended. You've broken my heart. :cry: :cry::cry: