• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ICT question....?

A.H

Reaction score
I also got a question in paper 1 Question no. 9)a) I don't get how to design the screen input! Shall I draw it? If yes, how shall it look like?!

Reaction score
Hello, you must draw the input screen, and this is what I would personally include in the screen.
Summary for getting points:
  1. Appropriate spacing for all fields.
  2. Must include a forward and a backward button.
  3. Information fills entire screen and is clearly an input screen.
  4. Include holiday title
  5. Include any other relevant details (such as dates, location, cost, etc..)
Hope this helps :)

Attachments

• ICT help for XPF.jpg
    ICT help for XPF.jpg
    652.8 KB · Views: 36

A.H

Reaction score
That is really helpful, but would I actually draw these boxes and tables? and if i will, shall I include real details like dates or location? Or just leave it empty like u did.
And what do u mean with appropriate spacing for all fields?

Reaction score
Yes, you need to draw the actual boxes (I just have underlined the area, but a box would be better), and you should leave them blank as it is a input screen layout so you would use that as a template (or whatever you would call it).

Reactions: A.H

A.H

Reaction score
Thanks a lot.
But that's about the input screen only and I also find questions asking about the output screen and the layout thing, etc...
So if you don't mind, would you kindly tell me where can I find all these drawings? A website or so..?
As a matter of fact I'm asking because I don't wanna kill you in drawing all the questions regarding that drawing part. =D
Thanks once again :)

Reaction score
Could you please send me the paper in which that question has been asked. I don't think I have ever seen such a question, but what I think, it would be pretty much like the input screen, because it would give out the data you have input into the system using an input screen. So basically the computer cannot just invent something, but can output something you have input previously.

A.H

Reaction score
well you are right, I've checked them and they ask about the output and input screen. To be honest its not just once paper, this question keep repeating itself.
It came in:
Nov. 10 question no. 18a
Nov. 08 question no. 9b
nov. 07 question no. 8b
june 07 question no. 10c
specimen 07 no. 15b
nov. 06 question no. 17
june 06 question no. 13a
and also in June 05 till the end but I didn't go that far in the past papers.
Anyway I don't want you to suffer doing them all, if there is way you could explain how to be able to answer them please do...
Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Wow, I never realised there were so many of them :eek:
Anyways, I am not completely sure on what they want exactly, but I believe that they always want the basic things about what they are asking, for example, when they ask about a person, you should always include names, telephone numbers, date of birth, Passport ID, and any other relevant information which the question might even state.
I think that these kinds of questions are mainly logical, so think about an input screen where you would include your own information; what would you need to have in it, and what would you like to have in it. Always include the needs in the screens.
I did the June 2006 question 13a. And this is what I believe you should include. I think I am incapable of explaining this topic any further. Sorry. Hope it helped in some way :)

PS. I need to practice my drawing using all MS software, so I trained once again :)

June200613a.png

A.H

Reaction score
L0o0l, no need to answer them all I just wanted you to have a look at them and brefily explain how should I answer, i.e. Just like u did :D
I got it though :)
I'll go through them all now once again, and if you wouldn't mind, I'd send them to you to check whethere I got them right or not, would you?

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't mind. But during the week I will be quite busy, so send them always when you have done, so that I don't have to look at all of them at once :p

Reactions: A.H