• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ICT : Post your doubts here !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
And one more question, when I send the email is it okay to use hotmail or gmail or do I have to use Microsoft Outlook?
Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
How do you calculate fields at run time in access
In MJ 2011 paper 22 they asked us to create new field called "Delivered Price" which is calculated at run time.
Question 45
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Information and Communication Technology (0417)/0417_s11_qp_22.pdf
Well this is pretty easy.
In your query, choose a blank field and type this in: Delivered Price: [Cost Price]+0.1*[Cost Price]
This should do the trick. Hope I've helped :D

Reaction score
for powerpoint, do i do the changes bl master slide like the heading, subheading and bullet points..*font size, ect...*first or do i import the file *text* first? and how do i import in powerpoint?

Reaction score
for powerpoint, do i do the changes bl master slide like the heading, subheading and bullet points..*font size, ect...*first or do i import the file *text* first? and how do i import in powerpoint?
Yeah you do the changes, eg heading and subheading, first and then you import text. For importing, go to the home tab, click the little arrow under new slide, and then choose slides from outline. Then locate your document that you need to import.

Hope I've helped :D

Reaction score
Yeah you do the changes, eg heading and subheading, first and then you import text. For importing, go to the home tab, click the little arrow under new slide, and then choose slides from outline. Then locate your document that you need to import.

Hope I've helped :D
THANK YOU verryyy much:)

Reaction score
HI guys I need some help please
In Microsoft access when they tell you to print a screenshot showing all the field types used, should I take a screenshot of all the fields together or one by one? Because for example they tell you format the currency field to two decimal places, if I take a screenshot it wouldnt show. And also for the boolean logic field, when you change it to yes/no it doesnt show in the screenshot. Will I lose marks for this? Please reply asap my exam is tomorrow. Wish me luck :D

dont worry , u just have to show them all the field types in a screenshot , not one by one , they just want them all in a single screenshot :)

And one more question, when I send the email is it okay to use hotmail or gmail or do I have to use Microsoft Outlook?
Thanks in advance :)

its better to use hotmail, its faster , in microsoft outlook , u have to connect ur email with the windows and u need software for this and will take too much time , and there is no problem if u used the gmail :)

How do you calculate fields at run time in access
In MJ 2011 paper 22 they asked us to create new field called "Delivered Price" which is calculated at run time.
Question 45
http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Information and Communication Technology (0417)/0417_s11_qp_22.pdf

u have to write the formula they asked from u in the question which specify this new column and to identify a field when writing a formula , u have to write the name of the column in these [ brackets ] , it has be this way and then u will find Expr1: [the formula] , u will just change Expr1 without touching anything else to the name which is "Delivered Price" , thats it :)

Well this is pretty easy.
In your query, choose a blank field and type this in: Delivered Price: [Cost Price]+0.1*[Cost Price]
This should do the trick. Hope I've helped :D

thnx for trying to help , but i just gave him the answer in details :)

for powerpoint, do i do the changes bl master slide like the heading, subheading and bullet points..*font size, ect...* or do i import the file *text* first? and how do i import in powerpoint?

u must edit them in the master slide , and then , under the new slide adding button you will find , "New Slide" and when u click , a list will come down with different types of slides , and most down , you will find , "Slides from Outline" , choose that and add the file , thats the importation of the slides btw :)

tnx Shady Omar for helping and again what i said was in details :)

Reaction score
THANK YOU verryyy much:)
You're welcome ;)
dont worry , u just have to show them all the field types in a screenshot , not one by one , they just want them all in a single screenshot :)

its better to use hotmail, its faster , in microsoft outlook , u have to connect ur email with the windows and u need software for this and will take too much time , and there is no problem if u used the gmail :)

u have to write the formula they asked from u in the question which specify this new column and to identify a field when writing a formula , u have to write the name of the column in these [ brackets ] , it has be this way and then u will find Expr1: [the formula] , u will just change Expr1 without touching anything else to the name which is "Delivered Price" , thats it :)

thnx for trying to help , but i just gave him the answer in details :)

u must edit them in the master slide , and then , under the new slide adding button you will find , "New Slide" and when u click , a list will come down with different types of slides , and most down , you will find , "Slides from Outline" , choose that and add the file , thats the importation of the slides btw :)

tnx Shady Omar for helping and again what i said was in details :)
Okay thank you very much for clearing these doubts. Hope I do well tomorrow!

Reaction score
Hey bro,
If u cud help me with this i'll be very grateful :)

'the automated file name and path right aligned'

I sort of know how to do it in Ms Word 2003 but in 2007 no idea...

Reaction score
In many questions they ask for sans serif font. Its not an option in Microsoft Word what should be done then?

Reaction score
And another thing, Whenever I type text into the footer in ms power-point master slide footer, the footer doesn't appear in the new slides when I select this layout.

Reaction score
what does this mean?"Save this query in a form which can be imported into a word file?" how to do this???

Reaction score
u must first remove the product field so that everything works , they just want u to have a count of it not the field itself , then on the count criteria add >3 , thats it , everything will be ok after that :D

not working :(

jjy

Reaction score
hey bro
i have a bit prob with "may june 2011 paper2"
question 49 where they asked
"• show only the records where VIN begins with 37, the Country field is Spain and
the Power field is E"
what should i put in the criteria row? or what should be in the "or" row??
thanks

lol

Reaction score
Need help with OCTOBER NOVEMBER 2011 PAPER 2 (CIE IGCSE 0417)
Task number 29
how do u change ONLY outside border thickness while retaining inside borders?

Reaction score
October/ November 2010 Paper 3 Point number 14
What formulae are you supposed to use?

Reaction score
CIE asks you to import an .rtf file after creating the master slide, if you do that then the elements of master slides are not visible. If you import before creating the masterslide then the font styles are not the ones applied in the masterslide. Is there a solution?

Reaction score
There is a question in one of the past papers where you have to remover yellow colour from an image and make it black and white....how would you do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.