• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ICT : Post your doubts here !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
helloo :) i is in need of help
oh my lord i don't know what's going wrong here ! :cry:
Untitled.jpg
i'm doing question number 44 ( http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Information and Communication Technology (0417)/0417_s09_qp_2.pdf )
annndd i did the sort and that's what's causing this error. frustrating
i tried removing the sort for staff and a whole lot of other things but i cant figure it out :(

*EDIT
i just tried changing the yes to -1 , it worked but it's not sorted properlyy =[
i only get the answer matching the marking scheme if i only sort date WITHOUT staff :O

Reaction score
he has to do as u said before , to change the background options so that it doesnt repeat , i asked a teacher and he told me this solution :)
i actually asked other people and they told me this solution is better than the other cuz some might get confused up with the code so the told me to do that step:)
EDIT
This way is the best and my other way is also correct but when i asked today again the Mr told me that they might not accept it so be on the safe side don't take a risk plz. Gregway, do this way way better !!!!!!!

Reaction score
helloo :) i is in need of help
oh my lord i don't know what's going wrong here ! :cry:
View attachment 7342
i'm doing question number 44 ( http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Information and Communication Technology (0417)/0417_s09_qp_2.pdf )
annndd i did the sort and that's what's causing this error. frustrating
i tried removing the sort for staff and a whole lot of other things but i cant figure it out :(

*EDIT
i just tried changing the yes to -1 , it worked but it's not sorted properlyy =[
i only get the answer matching the marking scheme if i only sort date WITHOUT staff :O
wen typing Yes for the tour, dont put quotations and do the sorting when making the report, not in the query :D

Reaction score

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
tnx a lot Gergawy :)
when we import a file in access, if there is a field like cost or price, then which data type do we select (while importing)? currency? numeric? or double?
btw what does double actually mean?
what does "flip the image" means? how to do it?

Reaction score
Where can I find the examiner's report?
its where all the other papers are and it has "er" in the file name.. here u go, this is what teh examiners said:
"Questions 38 and 39 – set up a database field structure and import data
The evidence of the field structure was generally provided and correct. The formatting for the Price field was
always checked on the relevant report to see that it was correctly applied in two decimal places. It was noted
that some regional settings would not (in a simple way) enable correct import of date data in the format
day/month/year if date format was expecting month/day/year. In this case dates past the twelfth of the
month would not be recognised or imported, leaving blank data in the date field for a large number of
records. To alleviate this difficulty, CIE prepared and made available, alternative source files in which the
data was formatted for month/day/year, notifying Centres of this arrangement. Some few candidates did
import the data with date errors and allowance was made for this when noted by an Examiner in the reports."

Sorry fo rteh late reply. Btw teh alternative source file is nbook1.

Reaction score
then its ok , use any if u want :D

good , dont give any questions here plz :)

you will use microsoft picture manager, in the upper taskbar , go to picture , and choose colour and then lower the saturation to 0 , thats it :D

this thread isnt made for spreading the questions of the exam , go study :)

first of all , there is no paper 4 in oct/nov 2008 and secondly , if u are asking about the hyperlink , then choose the hyperlink and then choose the file and in the target frame , write what is asked in the question.

tell me a question and i will solve it :)

use averageif or average function for it.

about what u are talking ??

select the text u want to edit and then right click , choose paragraph , and then in the spacing make it 10 points

write the field name by ur hands and then add the field data by clicking on the arrow " > "

Not "Use"

=[Cost Price]+(0.1*[Cost Price])

thanks for trying to help :)

edit the field types u are able to edit while importing before finishing and u should had changed the date format to D/M/Y and change the separator to a /

after u finish ur exam , you should have a highlighter to highlight what is asked :)

in each ict exam , it has never asked to take a screenshot for an anchor , so forget about it :)

tnx for trying to help :)

no you will change the stylesheet options , in the background options , so that it dont repeat , if u dont know how , tell me :)

what kind of help you need ?

tnx for trying to help :)

change the background options from the stylesheet so that it doesnt repeat , if u dont know how to do it , tell me :)

you cant do smthing by urself and change everything , you have to change the background options from the stylesheet so that it doesnt repeat, if u dunno how , tell me :)

nope you gotta make it D/M/Y , cuz that is the british date format :)

he has to do as u said before , to change the background options so that it doesnt repeat , i asked a teacher and he told me this solution :)

see the picture :)

ohh no they actually ask you to remove the yellow colour in such a way that the picture is white and black
what you have to do is set the saturation to -100 and then use the enhance colour option

Reaction score
ohh no they actually ask you to remove the yellow colour in such a way that the picture is white and black
what you have to do is set the saturation to -100 and then use the enhance colour option
wat i did was copied the picture to powerpoint (yes, powerpoint). Then clicked the picture, went to format and then "recolour" and made it black and white. There u go~! then you right click, select the option "save as picture".

Reaction score
Hey guys, in MJ 10 Paper 2 q4. It asked:
Save and print the entry in your address book. (This may be a screenshot to show that you have added the contact to your address book)

Is this the correct screenshot.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.