• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ICT Paper 12 m/j 2013

Reaction score
i was hving those last 3 days edexcel AS exams so i didnt prepare well tho i did excellent in practicals ...so by solving 8 past papers..am done almost ryt?
but you have to take a fast read on this notes

Attachments

• ICT.pdf
    515.7 KB · Views: 52
Reaction score
guys what is the answer to the question "backing storage vs. ROM vs. RAM" please answer , thanks

Reaction score
RAM stores data temporary while backing storage stores it permanently so it won't get lost if the computer was switched off. Also data could be easily deleted accidentally from RAM but it's faster to access. Using backing storage u can transfer data from one computer to another but not with RAM.
thanks and what about ROM?

egy

Reaction score
guys what is the answer to the question "backing storage vs. ROM vs. RAM" please answer , thanks

ROM is Read Only Memory it stores the BIOS of the computer it is non volatile and cannot write into it

RAM is Random Access Memory it is read and write memory and it is the working memory which stores the programs of current use by the user . It is volatile memory

backing storage is used to transfere data from one computer to another , used to have backup in case of accidental data deletion , it stores data of user

Reaction score
ROM is Read Only Memory it stores the BIOS of the computer it is non volatile and cannot write into it

RAM is Random Access Memory it is read and write memory and it is the working memory which stores the programs of current use by the user . It is volatile memory

backing storage is used to transfere data from one computer to another , used to have backup in case of accidental data deletion , it stores data of user
Thanks

Reaction score
Damn, most of my prediction was correct and i still screw up the test ==