• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ICT paper 1!! how was it?

Reaction score
i hope we r allowed to discuss lol anyway it was pretty much EASY THANK GOD!! what did u guys put for the burglar question? and the movie database thing? what about the excel part? i think i did those good ( hopefully ) :) so who thinks they did AWESOME!!! oh one more thing... what about user and technical documentation. in your opinion which was the hardest question?

Reaction score
i hope we r allowed to discuss lol anyway it was pretty much EASY THANK GOD!! what did u guys put for the burglar question? and the movie database thing? what about the excel part? i think i did those good ( hopefully ) :) so who thinks they did AWESOME!!! oh one more thing... what about user and technical documentation. in your opinion which was the hardest question?

It went really good. For the burglar question if your talking about the input devices I put motion sense, keypad, and window/door switches. The technical documentation was documentation for future programmers such as full programming code and hardware/software used to make the new system. User documentation was documentation for people who will be using the system such as trouble shooting guide and how to turn off and on the system. Hardest part for me must've been the "What is a virus" because I completely skipped that while studying.

Reaction score
it was easssssyyyyyyyyyyy
btw wat was da answer for "Graph plotters are used to print newsletter"
True or false
wat did u write for da adv n disadv for da mobile/laptop internet access thingy??

Reaction score
it was easssssyyyyyyyyyyy
btw wat was da answer for "Graph plotters are used to print newsletter"
True or false
wat did u write for da adv n disadv for da mobile/laptop internet access thingy??

That was false. For the adv/disadv question I wrote
ADVANTAGES:
1. Internet can be accessed from anywhere.
2. You have access to imediate information whenever you need it since people carry there mobiles with them.

DISADVANTAGES:
1. Cellphones have limited features (Video conferencing/videos)
2. Internet connection in mobile phones is much weaker.

Reaction score
It went really good. For the burglar question if your talking about the input devices I put motion sense, keypad, and window/door switches. The technical documentation was documentation for future programmers such as full programming code and hardware/software used to make the new system. User documentation was documentation for people who will be using the system such as trouble shooting guide and how to turn off and on the system. Hardest part for me must've been the "What is a virus" because I completely skipped that while studying.
the virus was also a bit difficult 4 me bcoz of this same reason!

Reaction score
I found the excel part fun..and for the part that it was easy..phew..it really was, I did the paper in 35 minutes at my fastest speed because in my mind the paper was supposed to be 16 pages long with long questions. The only tricky part was the excel part which I enjoyed docking especially proving as to how those values are equal, you cold use if but you could just simple subtract both values and get a zero, that was another wa to verify. All in all I think this year everyone should get better than expected grades

Reaction score
Easiest paper I have ever sat. The questions were easy and it was short. Finished in 50 minutes.

Reaction score
I found the excel part fun..and for the part that it was easy..phew..it really was, I did the paper in 35 minutes at my fastest speed because in my mind the paper was supposed to be 16 pages long with long questions. The only tricky part was the excel part which I enjoyed docking especially proving as to how those values are equal, you cold use if but you could just simple subtract both values and get a zero, that was another wa to verify. All in all I think this year everyone should get better than expected grades
yea that is a downside as the threshold will be affected, but yea im glad it was good!!

Reaction score
are u sure those were the inputs?! I just put in the sensors used in a burglar alarm system...I hope I am not wrong :/

Reaction score
are u sure those were the inputs?! I just put in the sensors used in a burglar alarm system...I hope I am not wrong :/
Sensors are perfectly right, I input pressure motion and infrared sensor, because I remembered a security brief when I was at the MUN so I basically put what I heard there over here

Reaction score
That was false. For the adv/disadv question I wrote
ADVANTAGES:
1. Internet can be accessed from anywhere.
2. You have access to imediate information whenever you need it since people carry there mobiles with them.

DISADVANTAGES:
1. Cellphones have limited features (Video conferencing/videos)
2. Internet connection in mobile phones is much weaker.
can u explain?

Reaction score
way 2 go, dax bro!

Reaction score

Yours are fine, I think my "Door/window switches" one might be wrong.

can u explain?

Well using a mobile is literally more mobile lol.. it's much easier to carry and more portable which allows you to access internet from anywhere. For the 2nd advantage, I basically meant that people cannot just pull out a laptop from their pockets to look up the meaning of some word (example) , but you can with a mobile.

For disadvantages , cell phones have limited features. Meaning you can't play certain games, download certain files, or even sometimes watch videos. Most phones (Other then smartphones) only let you access the internet for facebook or mail, and of course a mobile phone has a weaker connection since it has a smaller NIC (Network interface card) compared to a laptop/computer.

Did I explain myself enough lol :s?

Reaction score
i entered one sum formula for da cell in da B column, n da other in D6. in D7, i said enter: =if(B18=D6, "yes", "no")