• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ICT doubts here

Reaction score
Ict .....the vry subject a person shld nvr think to drop..
Take this subjct n get a*........!!!!!!

Reaction score
hey can we write answers in points in ict theory paper or any other paper
You can always write in points for ict, however never write in points in subjects like eco....and if ur preps are gud the paper will be quite easy....just go through this website: www.igcseict.info. It contains great "practical advice" and has awesome theory content....All the best for ur exams :)

Reaction score
hey thnx so much niddhi
by d ways bst of luck to u as well for ur exams
i m nt appearing for eco
n u r appearing for which subjects?????/(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Reaction score
comparatively it was easy.. but nt an "easy" ppr though!
nah....apart from the if function nothing else was thaaaaattttt tough....web designing and ppt were way too god....after all its ict....u just hve to play around with stuff and u get the answer!!!!

Reaction score
Obviously bro, you can write in points. You should have good points and a lot of matter for each question if you dont stop dreaming about an a*. Someone above did mention a website that will surely help.

Reaction score
obviously bro, you can write in points. You should have good points and a lot of matter for each question. If you do you score marks if you dont stop dreaming about an a*. Someone above did mention a website that will surely help.
hahaha it was me who "mentioned" it....btw did u go through that site?

Reaction score
pLZ. CLEAR THESE DOUBTS FOR ME...
  1. 1. A car showroom buys a computer with database software. The employees in the office will use it to keep records of the showroom’s customers and cars.
    (a) In the customer database, records can be searched to find particular customers. Give two other features which would be included in the database software​

2. A software package which allows a computer to automatically manufacture goods from drawings is called _____________.​

3. A customer in a bookshop buys a book using debit card.

Information about the book and the customer's bank account is input using the shop's EFTPOS( Electronic fund transfer Point of Sale) terminal. Checks are made on this input data.

Describe how the bookshop's computer and the customer's bank computer deals with the transaction.

Include in your answer descriptions of the input data and the checks which are performed.

This is a 6 mark answer so plz. answer it properly>>>>>>>>>>>>​

Reaction score
pLZ. CLEAR THESE DOUBTS FOR ME...
  1. 1. A car showroom buys a computer with database software. The employees in the office will use it to keep records of the showroom’s customers and cars.
    (a) In the customer database, records can be searched to find particular customers. Give two other features which would be included in the database software​

2. A software package which allows a computer to automatically manufacture goods from drawings is called _____________.​

3. A customer in a bookshop buys a book using debit card.

Information about the book and the customer's bank account is input using the shop's EFTPOS( Electronic fund transfer Point of Sale) terminal. Checks are made on this input data.

Describe how the bookshop's computer and the customer's bank computer deals with the transaction.

Include in your answer descriptions of the input data and the checks which are performed.

This is a 6 mark answer so plz. answer it properly>>>>>>>>>>>>​

1. Can sort record
Produce graphs
2. CAM
3. Firstly the bar code/ISBN of the book is scanned using bar code reader. Check digit is used to validate the data of the bar code/ISBN. Then the record in the database is searched and the number of that book in stock is checked to see that it is more than 1. If it is, then the transaction is proceeded and if not, then the sale is not made and the book is re-ordered. If the book is available, magnetic stripe on the bank card is read and the bookshop's computer connects with the bank to see whether there are enough funds or not. If there aren't, then the transaction is terminated and if there are, then that particular amount is deducted. In the database of the bookshop, the stock is deducted by the number of books bought by that particular customer and the database is updated.

Courtesy: Question 1 and 2 ms of s03 qp 2 :p
Question 3 i did it on my own...

Btw i dont think they'd questions like 1 and 2 however there are high chances of getting questions similar questions 3.......thanx for asking those questions.....i'd practice these kind of papers too.....:) Hope i helped you....all the best for ur exams :D

Reaction score
Are chapters 2 and 3 very important ? like do I have to memorize each and every thing in them or just read and understand them ?