• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IAL Chemistry paper 5: how was it?

how was paper

• Going to get A* in it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was good

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • medium

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • hard

Votes: 22 64.7%
  • I think i am gonna fail...

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
The exam was absolute shit, mates. They asked everything besides unit 5 of chemistry. I left some questions, like the solubility one in caco3 question

Reaction score
and for CxHy I wrote C4H4 without any working :(
hahah Omg I did the same without any working hi five hahahha xD we are gonna be lucky if that turns out to be correct so as in total how much are u people getting in this unit? any estimate?

Last edited:
Reaction score
WHAT!!!! IT WAS NOT GOOD :O :O u gotta be kidding me :O what do u think the grade boundary for an A star and A would be for this one?
look it doesnt only depends on ur or my marks that the examiners decide the grade boundary for chem 5.
there were around 2 millions students appearing in this unit and i am sure there are more geniuses and many more repeaters who have done better so grade boundary for A* wud b around 70-75. i hope it wud b lower:)

Reaction score
look it doesnt only depends on ur or my marks that the examiners decide the grade boundary for chem 5.
there were around 2 millions students appearing in this unit and i am sure there are more geniuses and many more repeaters who have done better so grade boundary for A* wud b around 70-75. i hope it wud b lower:)
:( :( I dont know if I am gonna make this one I just hope i get the marks. but one more thing i would like to add is that see this paper was kinda unexpected like some questions were really new....so I feel it would be kinda lower than 70 for an A star. Even if there are geniuses in this world they might be in a small quantity which would affect our grade boundary a little bit but not too much. One of my friends was also a repeater and she said this paper was really unexpected.. ofocurse she is not the representative of the whole repeaters of this unit...but i kinda feel that everyone thinks this paper was unexpected.So lets hope that maximum people havent done that well hahah :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
:( :( I dont know if I am gonna make this one I just hope i get the marks. but one more thing i would like to add is that see this paper was kinda unexpected like some questions were really new....so I feel it would be kinda lower than 70 for an A star. Even if there are geniuses in this world they might be in a small quantity which would affect our grade boundary a little bit but not too much. One of my friends was also a repeater and she said this paper was really unexpected.. ofocurse she is not the representative of the whole repeaters of this unit...but i kinda feel that everyone thinks this paper was unexpected.So lets hope that maximum people havent done that well hahah :D
i hope too for a lower grade boundary....so fingers crossed for august 14:sneaky:

Reaction score
Ohhh I have lost my hopes in this paper *sigh*

Hahah yeah I didn't show the working but I saw in one of the mrk scheme that if u dont show ur working and still wrote the right answer then u would still end up with full marks. But well u never know may be this time they will.give one mark out of three instead of full marks xD thats why I am saying edexcel people are unpredictable. Sometimes they pity on us and sometimes just dont gii a dam care abt us. I so hate them for this :(