• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I would really appreciate if someone would give me some sincere guidance....

Reaction score
I gave my O level Cambridge exams last year. Now I am a student of A levels, actually the first year. I got 2'As 4'Bs and 2C's(A's in Islamiyat and Urdu). Now the thing is it may seem a bit funny but I am aiming for Ivy Colleges or good universities in Pakistan like LUMS, FAST, NUST or GIKI but I know that the fact is with these grades I can't even get close to a good university. I didn't get proper counselling so I came up with these grades which is quite painful. My academic statistics are not much good to get into a prestigious university but I really really need to a part of one. I have been struggling day and night in my A levels to gain something. My major would be in university would be Computer Sciences. Now, stating the obvious which is my O level grades suck. I can't even get in LUMS with these grades. I am really worried now. The only sensible option which I could think of is to retake my O levels for the subjects in which I got B's and C's with an additional subject of Add. Maths which is P1 of A-Level Mathematics which I have already done as I have done the first year of A levels (AS). Is is okay to retake my O level exams or I would really be thankful if anyone got a better idea??

Reaction score
I appreciate your aims and thoughts. Retaking exams is not that easy as it looks especially with your present burden of A level. It's also risky to retake as it is not written somewhere you will get better grades next time I have seen many people retaking and ain't getting good grades. I also didn't get good grades in O level but i'm trying hard to get good grades in A level. I personally don't know if my suggestion would work in your case but i heard this somewhere,,, try giving exams with extra subjects e.g there is "Combine sciences" that's easy you can take A or A* in it. Google some other subjects if there any. In this way you will get a good list of result and i hope that will work!