• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I want to Start Furthur Mathematics

Reaction score
lolz i myself am looking for a tution. i myself havent started f.m yet will start its tution in june inshaAllah cux i am pretty sure that i will get an A in accel if tomorrows paper goes well.plx pray fro me dude.

nkw

Reaction score
dude i have love and passion for maths and i feel i can do it and after all i know cant look bak i will have to giv further since further was the only reason why i cmpleted my maths A level course in 1 year. i am a determined guy and will inshaAllah do it.
Dude I'm taking the speed course, with 6 subjects, march 2011 to may 2012. (because our curriculum timing is very different from UK's) My college has to finish up AS and A2 math in 3 months (my teacher covered the whole A2 statistics in 1 lesson lol) so that we can use the remaining time to do f.math. And I believe most colleges that offers f.math in Malaysia does that.

nkw

Reaction score
it's good that u've faith and love math. I've rarely seen anyone that's really really interested in math. Even tho 9709/Math is simple, there are actually a lot of things to learn from it, which I think most teachers wouldn't bother teacher or might not even know the concept behind it; and most students wouldn't bother finding out. Take for example the Normal Distribution graph, how did it came about? What function is it? And how did they worked out the values? These are things that're so important, yet ppl neglect them. They just know how to tackle examination questions, but do not understand what is it about. How did the pascal numbers came about? Why is binomial Expansion values so? How do you proof Pythagoras Theorem? Why is the differentiation of SinX = CosX? How does the exponantial value e came about? How is it linked to complex numbers and trigonometry? Why is the geometric sum as so? etc.
If u wanna really do well in math, go dig out more. It'll definitely help, in f.math or even in university.
So A lvls Math actually has a lot to learn. Not just Further math. It's not as simple as the exam paper. It's your understanding as a whole that distinguishes u from the norm. I hope this'll make u more interested in mathematics! inshamathematica!

Reaction score
it's good that u've faith and love math. I've rarely seen anyone that's really really interested in math. Even tho 9709/Math is simple, there are actually a lot of things to learn from it, which I think most teachers wouldn't bother teacher or might not even know the concept behind it; and most students wouldn't bother finding out. Take for example the Normal Distribution graph, how did it came about? What function is it? And how did they worked out the values? These are things that're so important, yet ppl neglect them. They just know how to tackle examination questions, but do not understand what is it about. How did the pascal numbers came about? Why is binomial Expansion values so? How do you proof Pythagoras Theorem? Why is the differentiation of SinX = CosX? How does the exponantial value e came about? How is it linked to complex numbers and trigonometry? Why is the geometric sum as so? etc.
If u wanna really do well in math, go dig out more. It'll definitely help, in f.math or even in university.
So A lvls Math actually has a lot to learn. Not just Further math. It's not as simple as the exam paper. It's your understanding as a whole that distinguishes u from the norm. I hope this'll make u more interested in mathematics! inshamathematica!

yeah ur absolutely right :)

well,to my knowledge the norm distribution curve is actually a graph wch is drawn as class boundaries against relative freq. density,wch connects the midpoints of all the class and appears to become a bell-shaped symmetrical curve :)....norm dist is actually specifically for continuous data wch appears to have a symmetrical dist. in terms of probabilites :) ...........I LOVE STATISTICS :D

Reaction score
Totally agreed. I was baffled by this Normal distribution stuff and asked my teacher about the logic behind. She told me, it's like that, she couldn't explain the logic. I asked 1 more teacher he, couldn't explain. This chapter has many logical stuff and you see many teachers can't explain the logic behind. That pisses me off. Imagine that your teacher can't explain that to you, why the hell are you learning? But I managed to understand the logic behind all by myself but still there is something I can't understand and I will be posting it here soon.

Reaction score
hello I am also further maths student.Currently on my A2 level.If u score 90+ in pure math.then u should take it however hard labour is required.