• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I NEED A SCHOLARSHIP !

Reaction score
i want to study abroad and i got no much time left
i have got an unconditional offer in swansea university , but it will cos 13500 pounds
i need to get a scholarship , i dont want to let go of that dream just because of shortage in money !
any help ?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have good news and sad news (not bad news). Good news first, as stated on the university website, International students are eligible for scholarships. Here's the link http://www.swansea.ac.uk/isas/finance/ and female students have an added advantage over male students.. The sad news however is that the deadline for international students to apply for excellence scholarships has passed and you will need to send an email to the stated email on this link for more information about other available scholarships: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/international/students/fees-and-funding/#d.en.109639

Good luck and I hope something good happens in your favour.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have good news and sad news (not bad news). Good news first, as stated on the university website, International students are eligible for scholarships. Here's the link http://www.swansea.ac.uk/isas/finance/ and female students have an added advantage over male students.. The sad news however is that the deadline for international students to apply for excellence scholarships has passed and you will need to send an email to the stated email on this link for more information about other available scholarships: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/international/students/fees-and-funding/#d.en.109639

Good luck and I hope something good happens in your favour.
Hey
would you know of any external scholarships for US colleges? I'v applied to some colleges but I don't think ill get much of a good scholarship..Ill appreciate some help
Thanks

Reaction score
Hey
would you know of any external scholarships for US colleges? I'v applied to some colleges but I don't think ill get much of a good scholarship..Ill appreciate some help
Thanks
Most of the US universities would require Sat 1 as well as set 2 so u have a fairly good chance of scholarship if u hav done the both..

Reaction score
The university don't really give more than 40% scholarships on tuition fee. I have one given SAT 1 and 2 but I still think Ill need some external scholarship...do you know any organization with scholarship for undergrads?

Reaction score
The university don't really give more than 40% scholarships on tuition fee. I have one given SAT 1 and 2 but I still think Ill need some external scholarship...do you know any organization with scholarship for undergrads?

Uol international program .. no scholarships initially ... but if you do well enough you can do the last year of your degree from LSE (and i think for very low tuition fee) ... but it is definitely very cheap for the value you get ... this is good for you since you want to go into finance and the Finance/Accounting undergrad program of the LSE is easily amongst the world's top 10 to 15 .. but the program is tough to study because of the tough curriculum and the Study Guide usage, the Study Guide is supposed to replace the teacher's lectures but obviously it will depend on how well you can comprehend by reading as compared to being given a verbal lecture

http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/

i have attached the prospectus as well

the ACCA and CIMA are also very good options

and for further studies check the CFA as well

if you need links to study finance with ease and practical application let me know

btw do let me know your area of preference in finance/accounting and also whether you have any work experience or internships so that i can help you better

Attachments

• emfss-prospectus.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the help...but I'm applying for physics and astropysics...not fianance

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the help...but I'm applying for physics and astropysics...not fianance

haha .. i read finance in the link u posted so i assumed the field of finance .. my bad... but for a field such as astro-physics there will never be external universities good enough .. i could not find any external programs at all... but curious though have you thought about your career direction or is it an academic interest ... in either case make sure you do well in maths and computer programming throughout your academic years to keep your career options open ... additionally in fields like physics it is pretty much essential to have a Phd for a solid chance of employment with sufficient pay

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/find-by-topic/#cat=science&subcat=physics&spec=astrophysics

check the link above to see what you can expect to study at a top university, the link will have course materials such as video lectures, assignments, course syllabus, recommended readings, etc

Reaction score
actually its just an academic interest yet, but ill find out more about it as I go along, and PhD is definitely a must
and thanks for the help, I really appreciate it:)

Reaction score
actually its just an academic interest yet, but ill find out more about it as I go along, and PhD is definitely a must
and thanks for the help, I really appreciate it:)
yes with Math and Computing .. career options are always pretty diverse

Reaction score
is computing really important? i didn't take any computing subject in A levsls

A-level computing is just ok... not really necessary.. it is better that you learn programming languages ... what you can do is learn programming languages by downloading free tutorials from piratebay.com the torrent site and/or from http://thenewboston.org/tutorials.php

or you go to an institute to learn programming languages after you are comfortable with learning them on your own via video tutorials ... if you are going to do self learning then it is best that you run two monitors at the same time ... one for the video tutorial and the other for the practice ... get a cheap graphics card that can run two monitors at the same time ... Gigabyte graphic cards are reliable ...but if you have a laptop then it should have a slot for another monitor

Reaction score
Hey
Thanks

Hi arsiss,

I apologize for a late reply. As for you question, yes I do happen to know about some external scholarship opportunities for International students (attached please), but I'm not sure if they'll be that helpful. These links might be of some help as well; Undergraduate scholarships and Outside scholarships (categorized). You can use these scholarship search engines too if needed: College Board, International Student , Fullbright Scholarships, Peterson's Scholarship search, Find the Best, Student Scholarship, Find Tuition, Hot courses, Careerinfo, Hey Success.

Hope this helps and stay positive, God willing, you'll bag the college scholarships you've applied too!

Good Luck! :)

Attachments

• International Student opportunities.pdf
    89 KB · Views: 25
Reaction score
Hi arsiss,

I apologize for a late reply. As for you question, yes I do happen to know about some external scholarship opportunities for International students (attached please), but I'm not sure if they'll be that helpful. These links might be of some help as well; Undergraduate scholarships and Outside scholarships (categorized). You can use these scholarship search engines too if needed: College Board, International Student , Fullbright Scholarships, Peterson's Scholarship search, Find the Best, Student Scholarship, Find Tuition, Hot courses, Careerinfo, Hey Success.

Hope this helps and stay positive, God willing, you'll bag the college scholarships you've applied too!

Thanks a lot for the help:):D

Reaction score
Hi arsiss,

this is some solid info ... post it as a separate thread so that other students can use it as well

really good post Sirius48 .. keep it up

Reaction score
well i will be completing my A levels next summer and wanted to apply for U.S . can anyone pplz tell me what is tge right time to apply for scholarship and as well for sending application .....

Reaction score
well i will be completing my A levels next summer and wanted to apply for U.S . can anyone pplz tell me what is tge right time to apply for scholarship and as well for sending application .....
check dates on their websites.. usually students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, around upto a year before

Last edited: