• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I am repeating my As level.

Reaction score
1- IIT Delhi? I am not aware of this college.
You should visit your college and get a tour. Maybe ask the students there? Get to know how things operate.

I don't think it will be written on your Certificate. But then again, I am really not sure. You should check with some people who sat for their examinations twice.

4- If you are sure that you are getting below D, then re examinations! And don't worry yourself over the practicals. Since your new principal is arranging classes, just relax and attend all of them. Give exams in October November session and I think you will be good to go! (Y)
Ty

Reaction score
A1) You'll be wasting some time, but it's okay, you are still young. Also, OCT/NOV exams are a bit tougher.
A2) You are able to do AS and A2 simultaneously. This process is called "taking a complete A-level." I did this very thing this year with AICT, because I did not do very well in Computing in AS so i decided to replace the entire subject with AICT
A3) I recommend S1, P2, P3 and M1
A4) Yes, if you want to go to the best universities. You'll have a really hard time finding a uni which will accept with anything below C.
Is nov session hard????? And I wanna knw will it affect my seat in uni if I repeat my year...... And yes computing is tough :(

Reaction score
Let me tell you one thing. If you did bad in one paper then prepare for it alongside A level and give it in May June. I know many people here are saying that you should give them in Oct/Nov but actually i can tell you that may seniors of mine did this mistake and regret it.
In many schools here students give both As and A2 exams in one session so it is not an issue to give only one subject full As and A2 especially when you have already prepared for it and just need a little more revision.
The best thing now is to move forward. I don't think you will need to repeat. But even if you have to then keep studying for A2 level and take sometime to revise As level subject. By the next year you will have revised As level thoroughly and your studies of A2 wouldn't be affected.

Reaction score
Let me tell you one thing. If you did bad in one paper then prepare for it alongside A level and give it in May June. I know many people here are saying that you should give them in Oct/Nov but actually i can tell you that may seniors of mine did this mistake and regret it.
In many schools here students give both As and A2 exams in one session so it is not an issue to give only one subject full As and A2 especially when you have already prepared for it and just need a little more revision.
The best thing now is to move forward. I don't think you will need to repeat. But even if you have to then keep studying for A2 level and take sometime to revise As level subject. By the next year you will have revised As level thoroughly and your studies of A2 wouldn't be affected.
I think you have not got me yet, I just got 3 months for preparations, so I could just finish 2 subjects, that is Physics and Math-P1...... And I suck at all other subject, abb batao kya karu mai :( :cry:
And your answer was awesome, KASH!!! KASH mene parlia hota 12 months mai................ Regretting it :'(

Reaction score
I think you have not got me yet, I just got 3 months for preparations, so I could just finish 2 subjects, that is Physics and Math-P1...... And I suck at all other subject, abb batao kya karu mai :( :cry:
And your answer was awesome, KASH!!! KASH mene parlia hota 12 months mai................ Regretting it :'(
give them all in May/June

Reaction score
I have no idea why i didn't get any alert from this thread!
Yeah, i agree ^. You can always give all your papers together in one session. Many people do that. I don't know about other subjects but regarding science, most of the As parts are included in A level examinations as well. So giving as and a2 together would rather be beneficial in my opinion.
However, hope for the best!

Reaction score
I have no idea why i didn't get any alert from this thread!

Yeah, i agree ^. You can always give all your papers together in one session. Many people do that. I don't know about other subjects but regarding science, most of the As parts are included in A level examinations as well. So giving as and a2 together would rather be beneficial in my opinion.
However, hope for the best!
Okay........................ TY :)

And I wanna know Suchal Riaz How will uni know that I repeated my As level ? :/

Reaction score
Okay........................ TY :)

And I wanna know Suchal Riaz How will uni know that I repeated my As level ? :/
you will present them two certificates. One for mayjune 2014 session and one for mayjune 2014 session.
By looking at the same paper, lets say paper 12,22,34 of physics in both sessions they will know that you repeated them.

Reaction score
It is better for you to do it in Next may june session as Nov sessions are really hard.You can start practicing from now on in the subjects you feel you are not good at ,solve pastpapers ,make a timetable in the summer vacations.So by the end of the vacations you ll be done with AS and when school starts you can concentrate on A2s and trust me physics A2 isn't that hard ,its easy.I would say take P1 and M1 and p3 and s1.
But wait for your results alongside start working hard with AS.
Btw what subj are you taking?

Reaction score
It is better for you to do it in Next may june session as Nov sessions are really hard.You can start practicing from now on in the subjects you feel you are not good at ,solve pastpapers ,make a timetable in the summer vacations.So by the end of the vacations you ll be done with AS and when school starts you can concentrate on A2s and trust me physics A2 isn't that hard ,its easy.I would say take P1 and M1 and p3 and s1.
But wait for your results alongside start working hard with AS.
Btw what subj are you taking?
Oh tyty :)
Comp, Eng, P1, M1, Chem, Phy... :)

Reaction score
Q1)What are the Drawbacks of repeating my exams, I mean I wanna know, will it affect my seat in Uni I will apply ? Or I would get any disadvantage if I repeat it.

q2)I want to know, Will I able to complete As and A level both simultaneously by June 2015 or I should give repeats in Oct/Nov and A level in May/June, or I need to waste my one year. Lemme tell you, My Physics is awesome, My pure Math is awesome, My English is subtle, And I suck at Chemistry and Computing even I suck at Mechanics 1..

q3)Should I take S1 and P2 in A level or S1 and p3 oe M2 and P2 or M2 and P3 - Math!

q4)I did my Physics and pure 1 in 2 moths as I was a part of politics in schools. I chose a wrong option to study on my own without teacher, I waste my whole 9 months in that politics, but at the end I realized I made a mistake, so started Phy and Pure 1 and I am sure I'll get an A in both of 'em, so I did not concentrate on any other subjects, or else I would had score an A, This is the only reason of repeating my As level, am I doing right ?? Coz I wanna go in finest uni in the world, So I need A in all my subjects, and only getting A's in A level would end me up with C's or D's as I might get E's in other As subjects ._. So am I doing right by repeating As levels ?

Note : Reply answers as A1) A2) A3) A4) respectively, and I hope you answer me in detail, Please I need to clear this doubts as our School is Dumb, and we have only 1 CIE supported school in town ._.
HELP ME ASAP
mehria I want your opinion !

Reaction score
Q1)What are the Drawbacks of repeating my exams, I mean I wanna know, will it affect my seat in Uni I will apply ? Or I would get any disadvantage if I repeat it.

q2)I want to know, Will I able to complete As and A level both simultaneously by June 2015 or I should give repeats in Oct/Nov and A level in May/June, or I need to waste my one year. Lemme tell you, My Physics is awesome, My pure Math is awesome, My English is subtle, And I suck at Chemistry and Computing even I suck at Mechanics 1..

q3)Should I take S1 and P2 in A level or S1 and p3 oe M2 and P2 or M2 and P3 - Math!

q4)I did my Physics and pure 1 in 2 moths as I was a part of politics in schools. I chose a wrong option to study on my own without teacher, I waste my whole 9 months in that politics, but at the end I realized I made a mistake, so started Phy and Pure 1 and I am sure I'll get an A in both of 'em, so I did not concentrate on any other subjects, or else I would had score an A, This is the only reason of repeating my As level, am I doing right ?? Coz I wanna go in finest uni in the world, So I need A in all my subjects, and only getting A's in A level would end me up with C's or D's as I might get E's in other As subjects ._. So am I doing right by repeating As levels ?

Note : Reply answers as A1) A2) A3) A4) respectively, and I hope you answer me in detail, Please I need to clear this doubts as our School is Dumb, and we have only 1 CIE supported school in town ._.
HELP ME ASAP

Ummm i understand your feeling very well, because last year i went through this!
I didn't do well....and i repeated my AS!
this year my exams were better, but because the pattern changed and i found them tricky, i am scared again =(

its better to lose a year, then your life you know!
After knowing your result..........and if they aren't good enough, then its okay to repeat!

And yeah Universities do except repeats dear! don't worry about it =)