• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I am repeating my As level.

Reaction score
Q1)What are the Drawbacks of repeating my exams, I mean I wanna know, will it affect my seat in Uni I will apply ? Or I would get any disadvantage if I repeat it.

q2)I want to know, Will I able to complete As and A level both simultaneously by June 2015 or I should give repeats in Oct/Nov and A level in May/June, or I need to waste my one year. Lemme tell you, My Physics is awesome, My pure Math is awesome, My English is subtle, And I suck at Chemistry and Computing even I suck at Mechanics 1..

q3)Should I take S1 and P2 in A level or S1 and p3 oe M2 and P2 or M2 and P3 - Math!

q4)I did my Physics and pure 1 in 2 moths as I was a part of politics in schools. I chose a wrong option to study on my own without teacher, I waste my whole 9 months in that politics, but at the end I realized I made a mistake, so started Phy and Pure 1 and I am sure I'll get an A in both of 'em, so I did not concentrate on any other subjects, or else I would had score an A, This is the only reason of repeating my As level, am I doing right ?? Coz I wanna go in finest uni in the world, So I need A in all my subjects, and only getting A's in A level would end me up with C's or D's as I might get E's in other As subjects ._. So am I doing right by repeating As levels ?

Note : Reply answers as A1) A2) A3) A4) respectively, and I hope you answer me in detail, Please I need to clear this doubts as our School is Dumb, and we have only 1 CIE supported school in town ._.
HELP ME ASAP

Reaction score
I would say best choice would be to repeat the subjects you did badly in in Oct/Nov session. Doing them in May/June alongside A levels might be too stressful, and repeating the entire year for just 2 subjects probably wouldn't be worth it. This is just my opinion, but you know yourself best, go with what you know you'd be able to achieve if you put enough work and determination into it.
Whether or not repeats are accepted depends on the university itself, find out by emailing them or checking their website.
I personally think you should broaden up your options a little bit, there are so many other universities out there, no way it's a must you go to this specific one.

Reaction score
I would say best choice would be to repeat the subjects you did badly in in Oct/Nov session. Doing them in May/June alongside A levels might be too stressful, and repeating the entire year for just 2 subjects probably wouldn't be worth it. This is just my opinion, but you know yourself best, go with what you know you'd be able to achieve if you put enough work and determination into it.
Whether or not repeats are accepted depends on the university itself, find out by emailing them or checking their website.
I personally think you should broaden up your options a little bit, there are so many other universities out there, no way it's a must you go to this specific one.
I just did good in 2 subjects outta 5 :/
And thanks, I'll think upon it :)

Others do help me please.

Reaction score
well i kinda reappeared for 3 of my AS subjects in may/june cuz i had the same case n i must say its hell of bad decision....wots best 2 do is wait 4 ur results n reappear in Oct/Nov if they somehow r displeasing (which they wud b)....chances r even if u dont make it in Oct/nov ....u wudnt b wasting nother year but wud rather give t in may/june.

Reaction score
well i kinda reappeared for 3 of my AS subjects in may/june cuz i had the same case n i must say its hell of bad decision....wots best 2 do is wait 4 ur results n reappear in Oct/Nov if they somehow r displeasing (which they wud b)....chances r even if u dont make it in Oct/nov ....u wudnt b wasting nother year but wud rather give t in may/june.
No I had already started preparing for other subjects for As levels, I mean is it possible if I give As levels in Oct/Nov, and would my A level course finish in 6 months ._. ? So that I appear it in next June session ?

Reaction score
Q1)What are the Drawbacks of repeating my exams, I mean I wanna know, will it affect my seat in Uni I will apply ? Or I would get any disadvantage if I repeat it.

q2)I want to know, Will I able to complete As and A level both simultaneously by June 2015 or I should give repeats in Oct/Nov and A level in May/June, or I need to waste my one year. Lemme tell you, My Physics is awesome, My pure Math is awesome, My English is subtle, And I suck at Chemistry and Computing even I suck at Mechanics 1..

q3)Should I take S1 and P2 in A level or S1 and p3 oe M2 and P2 or M2 and P3 - Math!

q4)I did my Physics and pure 1 in 2 moths as I was a part of politics in schools. I chose a wrong option to study on my own without teacher, I waste my whole 9 months in that politics, but at the end I realized I made a mistake, so started Phy and Pure 1 and I am sure I'll get an A in both of 'em, so I did not concentrate on any other subjects, or else I would had score an A, This is the only reason of repeating my As level, am I doing right ?? Coz I wanna go in finest uni in the world, So I need A in all my subjects, and only getting A's in A level would end me up with C's or D's as I might get E's in other As subjects ._. So am I doing right by repeating As levels ?

Note : Reply answers as A1) A2) A3) A4) respectively, and I hope you answer me in detail, Please I need to clear this doubts as our School is Dumb, and we have only 1 CIE supported school in town ._.
HELP ME ASAP

A1- Check with the universities you have in your mind. Resitting exams are only a draw-back if your preset university gives preference to candidates who appeared their examinations and got splendid results at one go.

A2- If throwing away another year for the A-Level syllabus does not bother you and you are okay with it, then you should. If you think that you can prepare and get outstanding results, then obviously you must. But, if you do not have that confidence, then, I think, there is absolutely no point in sitting at home another year for the A Level syllabus. It will be frustrating!
It is completely alright if you are appearing for the October November session of 2014 for AS and then again, May June 2015 for A Level. Don't worry. Six months is a good enough time to get your A Level portion of the syllabus covered.

A3- I understand from your above description that you will be giving A Level exams. If that is the case, it is absolutely unnecessary to give P2 for Math. Give P3.
Given that you "suck" at M1, why would you even consider to take M2? Best option would be P3 and S1. But then again, it's my opinion.

A4- Were your other exams that bad? Bad enough to get you Cs and Ds? If not, then you should keep patience, and go on with completing the A Level syllabus and giving your exams in May June 2015, for A Levels only. There is no need to repeat AS.
But if you are getting a C/D, according to your assumptions, then you should sign up for October November session. It would be almost impossible to get an A*, with AS result being C or a D.

Reaction score
A1- Check with the universities you have in your mind. Resitting exams are only a draw-back if your preset university gives preference to candidates who appeared their examinations and got splendid results at one go.

A2- If throwing away another year for the A-Level syllabus does not bother you and you are okay with it, then you should. If you think that you can prepare and get outstanding results, then obviously you must. But, if you do not have that confidence, then, I think, there is absolutely no point in sitting at home another year for the A Level syllabus. It will be frustrating!
It is completely alright if you are appearing for the October November session of 2014 for AS and then again, May June 2015 for A Level. Don't worry. Six months is a good enough time to get your A Level portion of the syllabus covered.

A3- I understand from your above description that you will be giving A Level exams. If that is the case, it is absolutely unnecessary to give P2 for Math. Give P3.
Given that you "suck" at M1, why would you even consider to take M2? Best option would be P3 and S1. But then again, it's my opinion.

A4- Were your other exams that bad? Bad enough to get you Cs and Ds? If not, then you should keep patience, and go on with completing the A Level syllabus and giving your exams in May June 2015, for A Levels only. There is no need to repeat AS.
But if you are getting a C/D, according to your assumptions, then you should sign up for October November session. It would be almost impossible to get an A*, with AS result being C or a D.
Q1) I want to appear for IIT Delhi, and how will the uni know that I had repeated my As level ? Is that written on certificate ? And please I tried finding that thing I don't found out... temme if IIT delhi has that draw-back (PLEASE, Fingers Crossed)

S2) Satisfactory answer ;) (S stands for statement) :p

S3) I had the same option ;)

Q4) Yes they were horrible, no I'll get below D :/ , coz we don't have practical teachers, abhi abhi new principal came, and he is now arranging some classes, but it worths nothing :(

Reaction score
Q1) I want to appear for IIT Delhi, and how will the uni know that I had repeated my As level ? Is that written on certificate ? And please I tried finding that thing I don't found out... temme if IIT delhi has that draw-back (PLEASE, Fingers Crossed)

Q4) Yes they were horrible, no I'll get below D :/ , coz we don't have practical teachers, abhi abhi new principal came, and he is now arranging some classes, but it worths nothing :(

1- IIT Delhi? I am not aware of this college.
You should visit your college and get a tour. Maybe ask the students there? Get to know how things operate.

I don't think it will be written on your Certificate. But then again, I am really not sure. You should check with some people who sat for their examinations twice.

4- If you are sure that you are getting below D, then re examinations! And don't worry yourself over the practicals. Since your new principal is arranging classes, just relax and attend all of them. Give exams in October November session and I think you will be good to go! (Y)

Reaction score

1- IIT Delhi? I am not aware of this college.
You should visit your college and get a tour. Maybe ask the students there? Get to know how things operate.

I don't think it will be written on your Certificate. But then again, I am really not sure. You should check with some people who sat for their examinations twice.

4- If you are sure that you are getting below D, then re examinations! And don't worry yourself over the practicals. Since your new principal is arranging classes, just relax and attend all of them. Give exams in October November session and I think you will be good to go! (Y)

Reaction score

HELP ME ASAP

A1) You'll be wasting some time, but it's okay, you are still young. Also, OCT/NOV exams are a bit tougher.
A2) You are able to do AS and A2 simultaneously. This process is called "taking a complete A-level." I did this very thing this year with AICT, because I did not do very well in Computing in AS so i decided to replace the entire subject with AICT
A3) I recommend S1, P2, P3 and M1
A4) Yes, if you want to go to the best universities. You'll have a really hard time finding a uni which will accept with anything below C.