• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how ws math xams guys paper 62 ??!!

Reaction score
and yea soory there wasnt any use of symetric property in this questiomn it was in anothe question but there was sort of 3mean = to something in the end then divide by 3 then get the answer

Reaction score
Guys i really don't get why some of you, used Conditional Probability? :S cause i think all CP questions have some words in common like GIVEN and many others :S

i just used Binomial Distribution with a success probability for girls liking the drama (0.22)

and selections: G:4 B:1
G:3 B:2
G:2 B:3
G1 B:4

gave me an answer of 0.7111 so 0.7 :S

then i did something which i think i shouldn't have done and i'm sure it's not right. i subtracted the 0.7 from 1 to get the atleast 1 boy thing :( but doing the binomial distribution with these selections gives the answer already :( Please tell me what u think guys. i hope i don't lose the whole thing :(

Reaction score
iam not sure about way maybe youll get 102 marks and pkease can you answer to my postttttttttttt.

Reaction score
maybe youll get 4-5 not sure but i wanted the question atleast of that or the working you did something you remeber please youre help would be highly appreciated and how much marks are you expecting are gt for thar

Reaction score
it was just the temperature man, it was equal to 3mean

i think it was X is more than 3mean

so u use the mean which was MEW and SD which was 2MEW

1- probability of (1) i guess cause u cancel all the MEWS and all. then u end up with the answer i don't think it was a hard question man.

Reaction score
it was easy but iam a person who always does silly mistakes so what was the probability given in the question pleaseee thanksss atleast someone responded pleaseee tell me the probability and did you ended up in 3mean = to something tehn you divide by 3 to get the mean pleaseee helppp

Reaction score
i just answered your question man, 3mean = 3MEW. MEW=MEAN. it was given in the question. u don't have to divide by 3 at all.

Reaction score
no its was given its has o normal distribution with mew and 2 mew to mean is i mew not 3 mew

Reaction score
but if u are talking about the last part of the last question then it was something like mean=1.53 or 1.54 i don't really remember my answer.

Reaction score
i don't remember man. it was just Normally distributed with parameters Mean= MEW and Standard deviation = 2MEW

Reaction score
yeah so what was the probability given in the question for that probabilty of x more than 3 mean are sure this was the question and so if mew is mean as given in the question it is normally distributed with 1mean and sd was 2 mean so how 3 mean and did you divided by three at the end pleaseeeeeeeeeee tell and what about the head and tail question 1st and second part what did you do peleaseee tell

Reaction score
guys in case u didn't see my post, here is what i wrote earlier. ur opinion will be very helpful

Guys i really don't get why some of you, used Conditional Probability? :S cause i think all CP questions have some words in common like GIVEN and many others :S

i just used Binomial Distribution with a success probability for girls liking the drama (0.22)

and selections: G:4 B:1
G:3 B:2
G:2 B:3
G1 B:4

gave me an answer of 0.7111 so 0.7 :S

then i did something which i think i shouldn't have done and i'm sure it's not right. i subtracted the 0.7 from 1 to get the atleast 1 boy thing :( but doing the binomial distribution with these selections gives the answer already :( Please tell me what u think guys. i hope i don't lose the whole thing :(

Reaction score
here's what i did its completely different from what u did but we'll end with pretty much the same answer

first i found P(choosing 5 drama students)=0.00003something
then i found P(choosing at least 1 boy doing drama)=1-P(choosing 5 girls doing drama)=0.0002something

p(atleast one boy is in the 5 drama student)= P(choosing at least 1 boy doing drama)/P(choosing 5 drama students)
=0.7
but im not sure if its the answer!

Reaction score
so u pretty much did a tree diagram and conditional probability :( i don't know why u ppl chose that! there was no sign like in all the previous papers to use the CP formula :(