• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how ws math xams guys paper 62 ??!!

Reaction score
i thot it ws pretty hard.... can anyone post the answers so we cann all checkk !!

Reaction score
well i dnt remember it properly

but it was something like that:
5students doing drama are chosen a random
find the probability that atleast 1 of them is a boy

Reaction score
see for that question i used conditional problit for fiding the p which is my success so i made it probabily that boys are chosen given that there are drama students then we use binomial distribution te probability of atleast 1 boy would be chosen
for mean i remember something like we get 3 mean=to something but we had to use symmetric property i dont remeber the answer

Reaction score
can use guys please write the question of mean like i remeber it was normally distributed with (mean, 2 mean) but after that what was the question pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee guys tell me comeon helpppppp

Reaction score
well for q6(ii). we had to first find the conditional probability of boys among total number of students in drama class, then use that probability to find out the probability of the other given condition which was (atleast 1 boy) i guess using binomial .. i did it in this way ( 0.6 x 0.1 ) divided by ( (0.6 x 0.1) + (0.4 x 0.55) ) = 0.214

Then ,

1- (5c1 .....................) the usual method !!!!

Reaction score
KNIGHTRIDER DID YOU DID SAME AS ME FOR GETTING THE MEAN soory for caps lock and what about the head and tail question guys

Reaction score
@1357913579 yeah i got the same answer as u and the working is also correct for Q6 part ii)! i asked my teacher and he said that this is the correct way!! guys how many marks would i lose for taking frequency values instead of frequency density in the histogram quest?????

Reaction score
i guess 1-2 marks not more then that and can you tell iam asking for mean not the number6 is that the way you did s i posted in the forum for mean and what did you write for the head and tail arrangement first and second part not answwr but theexplanation i dont remeber any answer only working

Reaction score
i cant find ur working for mean in this forum!! but i guess i dont remember the working! and for the head and tails quest i dont remember it clearly but for the first part it was 12!/6!x6!................... and for the second part im not sure sum ppl say it was 12P7 x 12P5....................... while others say it was 12!/7!x5!....... so reaaly dont know wat the correct answer is!

Reaction score
its not working just remeber it was like this for mean i remember something like we get 3 mean=to something but we had to use symmetric property i dont remeber the answer
the question was its normally distributed with (mean,2mean) so can you tell me what else was written like the probsbility and oter thing pooleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Reaction score
1357913579 said:
see for that question i used conditional problit for fiding the p which is my success so i made it probabily that boys are chosen given that there are drama students then we use binomial distribution te probability of atleast 1 boy would be chosen
for mean i remember something like we get 3 mean=to something but we had to use symmetric property i dont remeber the answer
tht rite!

Reaction score
man comeon whats write pleaseee tell me iam sure about the conditional property but asking for that meannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn question pleaseeeeeeeee telllll me iam scared and list the question of that probability that i asked pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee