• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was W15 qp 12?

How was w 15 qp 12 today?

• Hard

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Easy

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I'm not trying to boast here but this paper was relatively easy compared to all those past papers I've worked before.
For the vector 1st part, you take them as colinear points
on a straight line, the direction vector is same but the distance is different. You need to multiply with a number to get the distances

Therefore, AB= kAC, where k is the multiple
You just solve them you need k first, then you get p and q rather easily

Imo, I'm getting full marks in this paper unless I miscalculated something
That just means paper 32 is gonna be the worst of all
Hey how one could find values of p and q from that? If you were to substitute the OA, OB and OC vectors with "k" in it?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the value of k was in vector question a part? :(
I did a stupid mistake. i assumed ab to equal bc :x

Reaction score
I'm not trying to boast here but this paper was relatively easy compared to all those past papers I've worked before.
on a straight line, the direction vector is same but the distance is different. You need to multiply with a number to get the distances

Shoot...

I know this method so well, same gradient and unit vector..

Cie F****** me man.. I would have done this paper so well if i didn't had my clashes

Reaction score

Wow, that's great mate.
What do you think the GT for an A and a B will be this time, if you had to estimate?

Reaction score
I think that out of 75, 10 marks were tricky. They were Q3(i)*would've been easy to deal with if I had known how to find volume of prism* Q7(i) The VECTORS one and Q8(ii) the QUADRATICS one! Although I did it correct but a stupid blunder caught me in the end! :( Apart from these things, the paper was very straightforward!!

Reaction score
I have the same
I think that out of 75, 10 marks were tricky. They were Q3(i)*would've been easy to deal with if I had known how to find volume of prism* Q7(i) The VECTORS one and Q8(ii) the QUADRATICS one! Although I did it correct but a stupid blunder caught me in the end! :( Apart from these things, the paper was very straightforward!!
I have the same to say. But not Q8ii. But q8i :p

Reaction score
Hey how one could find values of p and q from that? If you were to substitute the OA, OB and OC vectors with "k" in it?
I forgot somehow but I remember after i obtained value of k, everything became as clear as water. Friday I try ask my school for paper and work it for you if you wish.
@everyone what's done is done don't stress too much, as my father always say only look forward and prepare for whats next! Also if you have the habit to panick after knowing your answers are wrong, don't ever discuss papers till your exams are done! This way you will always be at your best it's psychological and proven facts.

Reaction score
I forgot somehow but I remember after i obtained value of k, everything became as clear as water. Friday I try ask my school for paper and work it for you if you wish.
@everyone what's done is done don't stress too much, as my father always say only look forward and prepare for whats next! Also if you have the habit to panick after knowing your answers are wrong, don't ever discuss papers till your exams are done! This way you will always be at your best it's psychological and proven facts.
Your approach seems legit dude! I did it wrongly though. :(

Reaction score

So what are the answers for p and q for the first part and what is the expression for q in terms of p

Reaction score
I don't know I messed up my paper too :( last time I got small e in maths in A levels and now i don't know what will happen . I even don't know how I got small e in As and A2 maths :(