• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was the physics atp 5054/42 may/june 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
you really need specteacles man!
first,the question clearly stated that start from origin (i know what u mean ,cause i did that first but when rechecking i read that question and i was starstruck it said start from the origin) i drew a line from origin to i think 8.6 maybe,
Secondly,Try opening your eyes I'm sure you are not Chinese ;)...Just for the sake ;take a look at this (it was like this :p) It had zero ,zero :)
View attachment 41649
have you done maths? :p
starting graph from (0,0) is different from starting the line from (0,0)

Reaction score
well
it said draw a best fit line, they become two
use common sense how can the l be zero when rubber bands are zero?

no offense meant :)
it was a glass rod(so more dense than water) when no rubberband, it was submerged hope you understand
So at zero ruberband (N=0) the length out of the rod out of beaker was 0cm (l=0)

Reaction score
When You dont know then dont ask,Iam doing physics atp since Grade 9 okay?
I did this type of question 2 days ago with our teacher,he teaches around 300 students in a day
,i have told u people what i wrote,if u want to post naive answers please carry on

upload_2014-5-7_20-55-59-png.41522
The paper was simple as ****,i dont know why you guys are acting like retards,everyone has gone mad,thinkin that the other is not making sense or spitting bull shit really?What if i tell you If there was a market for bad ideas I'd want drilling rights to your head.
Are you always an idiot, or just when I'm around?
Let the Marking scheme decide papu or autograph ki jaga apki theories par ap key liye ik chuti si papi :*
Shock me, say something intelligent.
You are fucked sir,because if you are able to read then in marking schemes says only C1 is awarded to those candidates who have wrong x and y axis plot and 1/4 will be awarded but we cant judge till the MS comes so chill douchebag
Dont be so proud man for goodness's sake

Reaction score
it was a glass rod(so more dense than water) when no rubberband, it was submerged hope you understand
So at zero ruberband (N=0) the length out of the rod out of beaker was 0cm (l=0)
:cry: good lord how do I make this clear to you?
the rod started sinking due to rubber bands
meaning the rod was lighter before

Reaction score
when they say,'start your graph from the origin;...they mean something
in your terms of understanding if u have thought that the graph's axis starts from the origin.they would have then said' start your axis from the origin but here they said to start your graph from the origin..so idk,let the mark scheme decide and hope for the best :)(there is a difference in starting your axis from the origin and starting your graph from the origin)
no offense meant...:)

Reaction score
when they say,'start your graph from the origin;...they mean something
in your terms of understanding if u have thought that the graph's axis starts from the origin.they would have then said' start your axis from the origin but here they said to start your graph from the origin..so idk,let the mark scheme decide and hope for the best :)(there is a difference in starting your axis from the origin and starting your graph from the origin)
no offense meant...:)
and starting your line from origin.....

Reaction score
What I think they meant was
While labeling your axis, you should start labeling them from 0
but the graph was supposed to be according to the values in the table given. There is no way your line could go through (0,0). Since the wood is floating, there is bound to be some part of it beneath the surface of the water. If you go swimming, you just don't levitate on the surface of the water like Chris Angel, a part of your body is underneath the water

Reaction score
Ok I read all you have to say, just a few questions
-Is there ANY question EVER in physics where you were said to draw A line of best fit and you draw a graph like this? ( going up AND coming down not just going up ! )
- it said start graph from origin, this humble servant has studied stats, ad maths and plain maths, and starting GRAPH from origin does NOT mean starting the LINE from origin
- If you would open a certain Archimides Law and its applications, you would find similar graphs and concepts
- you said to use common sense and deduce that glass doesnt sink, kindly take a cup of water and throw a rubber band in, your majesty will be most surprised to find that the rebellious rubber band also SINKS
-this is apart from the fact that such a graph makes NO sense, increase in weight is directly proportional to its sinking (the liar Archimedes said it ,not me) so the graph should be straight too
-Also if you would look up density of rubber you will not be amused to find the results
-Also note the servant's work:
untitled-jpg.41860

If I would have the honor of clearing any other confusions, I WOULD BE MOST PLEASED :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
In part a they said how can it not be accurately measured, so i said that it would be difficult to align rule and match the exact reading.

Then in part b, it would be logical to TELL A WAY to get the accurate reading, that is tell a way to avoid parallax error. That can be done by using SET-SQUARE or something.

But people wrote a whole experiment for this part. Some wrote take out the rod from the water, and measure the part that is not wet.
Some marked the water level, and measured it, and something like that.
Some, FROZE the water, and measured the length L easily.
Some, Measured from botton of beaker to TOP, and then water level, and subtracted.

There are a wide range of answers, how will they mark such questions?

Did we have to tell a new experiment?
Why can't we use a rule?
I'm only inserting the bottom space below the zero mark, that's like a few millimeters, that won't cause much disturbance.
And plus, no method can perfectly measure Length L.
Yeah since u put it tht way(talking abt first 3 or so lines of urs)u r right actually.Gotta remember more than one possibilities for a particular question(I,ll check mark tht).

Reaction score
Ok I read all you have to say, just a few questions
-Is there ANY question EVER in physics where you were said to draw A line of best fit and you draw a graph like this? ( going up AND coming down not just going up ! )
- it said start graph from origin, this humble servant has studied stats, ad maths and plain maths, and starting GRAPH from origin does NOT mean starting the LINE from origin
- If you would open a certain Archimides Law and its applications, you would find similar graphs and concepts
- you said to use common sense and deduce that glass doesnt sink, kindly take a cup of water and throw a rubber band in, your majesty will be most surprised to find that the rebellious rubber band also SINKS
-this is apart from the fact that such a graph makes NO sense, increase in weight is directly proportional to its sinking (the liar Archimedes said it ,not me) so the graph should be straight too
-Also if you would look up density of rubber you will not be amused to find the results
-Also note the servant's work:
untitled-jpg.41860

If I would have the honor of clearing any other confusions, I WOULD BE MOST PLEASED :)
Your majesty, with no rubber bands attached, do you think that the rod would even be vertical? If you do then you r blind because the aim of the experiment was to make it float vertically by attaching rubber bands. Before attaching the bands, the rod was horizontal. Therefore, height above the water = 0

Status
Not open for further replies.