• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was the M1 paper?

What will be your grade for M1?

• Total voters
Reaction score
ok sure will do... we know that that in the first 30 seconds the car traveled 330m.... 30x22/2(triangle)... after that it was at 22m/s for awhile so what i did was 990-330=660... now 660/22 = 30(square so dividing by speed gets time) seconds as well... we know that when the biker met with car speed of car was 22 so it hadnt decelerated upto then... so 30+30=60 now for biker it was 10 more seconds... 60+10= 70...

Reaction score
Was it 10 more seconds or 10 less? I wrote 50.
It took the car to travel 990 m, and the Motorcycle travelled 990m too, and they meet at 990m, but the motorcycle started 10s later, so you're correct, it's 50 :D It's what I put.

In the moments question, I realised 4 bloody minutes before the end that they said the RQ is zero when the boy is at B. I didn't even read that bit, I'm so frustrated. I've thrown away an easy A. And in question 7, I realised the bit to do with parallel directions was just bearings :S

I wanted to go to Imperial College, but that's gone now.

Also, does anyone know if Edexcel does grade boundaries like CIE does? Thankies <3

Reaction score
In Q7 I just set the i's over the j's and equated them.
What did you get for AX distance?

Reaction score
It took the car to travel 990 m, and the Motorcycle travelled 990m too, and they meet at 990m, but the motorcycle started 10s later, so you're correct, it's 50 :D It's what I put.

In the moments question, I realised 4 bloody minutes before the end that they said the RQ is zero when the boy is at B. I didn't even read that bit, I'm so frustrated. I've thrown away an easy A. And in question 7, I realised the bit to do with parallel directions was just bearings :S

I wanted to go to Imperial College, but that's gone now.

Also, does anyone know if Edexcel does grade boundaries like CIE does? Thankies <3

Same here wanted to go to imperial for chemical engineering but no hope of that happening what do you want to study

Reaction score
What did you get for the mass of the bean and the distance of the centre of the mass from A

Reaction score
I got 50 seconds for the motorbike , and for the mass of beam I got 50g/3 , and distance from A 6 metres

Edit: \/ I got wrong mass of beam..took wrong distance as x, others are ok

Reaction score
I got 50 seconds for the motorbike , and for the mass of beam I got 50g/3 , and distance from A 6 metres

Edit: \/ I got wrong mass of beam..took wrong distance as x, others are ok
the answer is 50 not 70 :p because the motorcycle took 10 seconds less than car.. if car took 60 it should be 60-10 not 60+10 :p so well done.. ill loose a mark i think.. hopefully just one.. now as for the distance it was 6m.. 4m+2m....