• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Physics P42 MJ 2017??

Reaction score
yup i also did this i divide 960 not by 10 but 9.8 to get mass and multiplied that mass with comet gravitational field strength:) i think you you did a mistake bu dividing ot by 10(n)
I was thinking 9.8 at first but then they multiplied it by 10 on earth right to get 960
Will i atleast get 1 mark

Reaction score
I was thinking 9.8 at first but then they multiplied it by 10 on earth right to get 960
Will i atleast get 1 mark
HOW DID YOU SKETCH THE LINE IN QUNATM PHYSICS QUESTION? THAT METAL IS OXIDIZED NOW AND IT HAVE GREATER K.E. how did you draw the line?

Reaction score
hahahah me too indeed i have practiced a lot on that question but i was amazed that why the hell iam stuck in this ******* repeated question:mad: btw how did you find the accelaration from garph at 5 cm ? from that gravitational feild question?

Never knew SRK was giving A levels too :3 Anyway, it was electric field not gravitation field, and I used F = qE then F = ma, so ma = qE, a = qE/m, used q and m from the data provided at the startof the question paper read E off of y axis at x axis = 5 cm.

For the rest of your queries. Firstly, it was an LED mere bhai, not LDR. Green light was going to turn on. If component C's resistance increased, there would be a sudden switch from green to blue light midway when both inverting and non-inverting input voltages become equal and then the other one becomes greater (the one that was lesser when the Green LED was on). Variable resistor I wrote that it's there to keep current constant/controlled prevent damage to components etc. but not sure if that's correct. Voltage was already maximum in positive y axis at 0 degrees and then would become maximum again at 360. In between it would become maximum in negative y axis at 180 degrees. The wave itself was a cos wave (sine wave shape but starting at amplitude).

Reaction score
What answer did you write for the effect of increasing sampling rate and number of bits?

I forgot the precise wordings that I should write so I didn't write that steps width etc. would change but I explained it quantitatively in a way that more steps would be formed at shorter time intervals etc. And for the more bits I wrote that greater accuracy as more binary numbers will be available so more intermediate voltages can be assigned to particular binary values etc.

Reaction score
I forgot the precise wordings that I should write so I didn't write that steps width etc. would change but I explained it quantitatively in a way that more steps would be formed at shorter time intervals etc. And for the more bits I wrote that greater accuracy as more binary numbers will be available so more intermediate voltages can be assigned to particular binary values etc.
How about the capacitor question, what did you get for the p.d. in terms of V0?

Reaction score
How about the capacitor question, what did you get for the p.d. in terms of V0?

The answer is Vo/4. All my working was correct but in the last step I had to take square root of both sides and I did but forgot to write it that way and ended up writing (sqroot of Vo)/4. I hope I get 1 mark.

Reaction score

Is it correct if I wrote about step width and step height and number of possible (voltage) levels and reproduction of signal would be more exact?

Reaction score
The answer is Vo/4. All my working was correct but in the last step I had to take square root of both sides and I did but forgot to write it that way and ended up writing (sqroot of Vo)/4. I hope I get 1 mark.
i got V0/4 too. Hopefully it is the right answer.:)

Reaction score
Never knew SRK was giving A levels too :3 Anyway, it was electric field not gravitation field, and I used F = qE then F = ma, so ma = qE, a = qE/m, used q and m from the data provided at the startof the question paper read E off of y axis at x axis = 5 cm.

For the rest of your queries. Firstly, it was an LED mere bhai, not LDR. Green light was going to turn on. If component C's resistance increased, there would be a sudden switch from green to blue light midway when both inverting and non-inverting input voltages become equal and then the other one becomes greater (the one that was lesser when the Green LED was on). Variable resistor I wrote that it's there to keep current constant/controlled prevent damage to components etc. but not sure if that's correct. Voltage was already maximum in positive y axis at 0 degrees and then would become maximum again at 360. In between it would become maximum in negative y axis at 180 degrees. The wave itself was a cos wave (sine wave shape but starting at amplitude).

Did we have to consider the saturation point for the op-amp in either of those questions? I didn't think of that while writing. What about you?

Reaction score

I just wrote varies resistance will i get the mark?...

Reaction score
Is it correct if I wrote about step width and step height and number of possible (voltage) levels and reproduction of signal would be more exact?
Step width is reduced for the first one and step height is reduced for thr second right?..

Reaction score
i got V0/4 too. Hopefully it is the right answer.:)
Bro apny question parha tha? it was stated that energy "reduced" to 1/16 th of its initial value so Vo was about √15/4 Vo.
I can solve for you if you want.