• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Physics P42 MJ 2017??

Reaction score
How much Do i need to get in this paper to get an A in Alevel? My AS score is 77%

Last edited:
Reaction score
My AS mark was 98. How much more would I need for an A* for 12, 22, 32 (June 2016) and 42, 52 (June 2017)??

Reaction score
It was a lovely paper. Just had some time issues got stuck in the second question in converting 3/2K to 3/2R, but I did manage to do it. The time delay though caused me to leave out some 3 or so marks in those 'suggest/explain/state' type questions. Calculations all went swell.

Reaction score
It was a lovely paper. Just had some time issues got stuck in the second question in converting 3/2K to 3/2R, but I did manage to do it. The time delay though caused me to leave out some 3 or so marks in those 'suggest/explain/state' type questions. Calculations all went swell.

What did you get for the binding energy per nucleon in MeV for Lanthanum?

Reaction score

What answer did you write for the effect of increasing sampling rate and number of bits?

Reaction score
i think it was easy btw what did you people wrote on LDR question . in last 2 parts . first part was that what would happen wehn component C is increased? and in second examiner asked what would happen when coponent c will reduced? and i think he also asked that what is the purpose of variable resistor in circuit? WHAT YOU PEOPLE WORTE ? and one were the charges opposite or same? And where the voltage should be maximum on hall probe? 90 or 180? wuh jo graph plot krna tha. and how did you people find the accelartaion of related with gravotational feild strengh graph question? KCH KCG JO YAD HAI MENE LIKH DIA:( jjinu paper dia hai wuh smjh jaingay:D

Reaction score
hahahah me too indeed i have practiced a lot on that question but i was amazed that why the hell iam stuck in this ******* repeated question:mad: btw how did you find the accelaration from garph at 5 cm ? from that gravitational feild question?

Reaction score
Guys what did u do for weight of probe on the comet ?
I used w=mg and we divide 960 by 10 to get mass first right
And for h value did u guys get 6.63×10^(-34) cuz i didnt
I found this exam difficult
The max mark for A can be 55 right thats it?

Reaction score
i think it was easy btw what did you people wrote on LDR question . in last 2 parts . first part was that what would happen wehn component C is increased? and in second examiner asked what would happen when coponent c will reduced? and i think he also asked that what is the purpose of variable resistor in circuit? WHAT YOU PEOPLE WORTE ? and one were the charges opposite or same? And where the voltage should be maximum on hall probe? 90 or 180? wuh jo graph plot krna tha. and how did you people find the accelartaion of related with gravotational feild strengh graph question? KCH KCG JO YAD HAI MENE LIKH DIA:( jjinu paper dia hai wuh smjh jaingay:D

Wasn't that a thermistor? Why r u saying an ldr?

Reaction score
yup i also did this i divide 960 not by 10 but 9.8 to get mass and multiplied that mass with comet gravitational field strength:) i think you you did a mistake bu dividing ot by 10(n)

Reaction score
Wasn't that a thermistor? Why r u saying an ldr?
it was just written component C and 2 green and red LDR wee connected at the output(n) jahan tk k i remember . at fist part he asked that what will happen when resistance of component C is increased.

Reaction score
btw how did you sketch the line when he asked that now the metal is oxadised and it have more maximum K.E? HOW DID YOU SKETCH THAT LINE