• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was physics 9702 33

how was the paper ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hey guys I did the entire first question in 2 sig figure how many marks would be deducted ?
like I wrote all values in 2 sig figure even the gradient and y-intercept
gradient 1.2
y-intercept - 0.79

Reaction score
Hey guys I did the entire first question in 2 sig figure how many marks would be deducted ?
like I wrote all values in 2 sig figure even the gradient and y-intercept
gradient 1.2
y-intercept - 0.79
woahhhh my gradient ws 1.19 as well nd y intercept similar too...nice !

Reaction score
It varies on how he drew the graph
one of u might have made a mistake on the graph

Reaction score
It was easy, but i found it hard because of bad luck. In chemistry they didnt provide me with reagents, today, the provided half of the lab with poor quality instruments that didnt even work. My rheostat, my ammeter, my voltmeter didnt work. I tried three times and then asked the invigulator to set up the experiment, he took 45 min but something was wrong with ammeter and voltmeter and rheostat and on my request he had to change everything, in the remaining minutes left, i set up my experiment, got two reading and made up the rest since they promised me compensation of time. But later on refused to give it to me.
I had a talk with the british council person and supervisor who had promised me compensation of time, at first he refused to do anything but then i requested that at least he should write a letter to CIE or british council, telling them to liniently check my paper, so they noted my candidate and centre no and agreed to it. But somehow, i cannot bring myself up to trust them since they broke my trust when they said they would compensate for the time and didnt even listen to my complains when they refused to give me extra time.
I have written to british council too.
People are gonna ask why i didnt check the instruments, my andwer is i did, but just two minutes before the practical started, the invigulator came and changed places of all the students, thus i ended up in someone elses station who hadnt checked his instruments most probably.
Guys, do you think they will write the letter? I have asked my school to do so too and ill go to school tomorrow and make sure that they write it. There were a few more students like me who were promised extra time and werent given any. Thanks to Allah, somehow, i hadnt trusted them and put in make belief values and in the remaining time plotted a graph. The others have left their whole question number one becausee they were promised compensation of time like me.
where was your practical centre?
D A public by any chance?

Reaction score
n

i wasnt grtting below i 10...!it was about 38%...!dont worry answer does not matter...! they ll only see how u co me up wid the conclusion,,,,,!
mine was way above 40.. which my teacher says, should never be so.. i checked the values and repeated the procedures twice, but i still got a higher value.
:cautious:

Reaction score
mine was way above 40.. which my teacher says, should never be so.. i checked the values and repeated the procedures twice, but i still got a higher value.
:cautious:
really..! i dont know y your teacher said that..! but examiner only c how u went bout the practical..! even if your graph is having a bit weird intercept u ll get marks for your plotting,line of best fit...! examiners allocate the marks in a way therzz a mark for everything not just kai having a weird relationship u r gone! so u ll get marks many of many friends even got the value above 70% so its ok..:)

Reaction score
really..! i dont know y your teacher said that..! but examiner only c how u went bout the practical..! even if your graph is having a bit weird intercept u ll get marks for your plotting,line of best fit...! examiners allocate the marks in a way therzz a mark for everything not just kai having a weird relationship u r gone! so u ll get marks many of many friends even got the value above 70% so its ok..:)

yeah.. just as long as you prove the relationship with the correct calculations.. :)
the teacher just said k if its higher than that, and IF yo have time, try to take a second set of readings

Reaction score
yeah.. just as long as you prove the relationship with the correct calculations.. :)
the teacher just said k if its higher than that, and IF yo have time, try to take a second set of readings
ok..! then i m pretty sure that..! our answers would surely match to the examiners answers....:) since u did that twice..! and hey i took the avg readings five times...! so a very little chance of inaccuracy..!even i showed that to prove my readings...:p

Reaction score
ok..! then i m pretty sure that..! our answers would surely match to the examiners answers....:) since u did that twice..! and hey i took the avg readings five times...! so a very little chance of inaccuracy..!even i showed that to prove my readings...:p
what range did you select for the wire lengths?
my rheostat would just not give my value of 57.7 mA above 80 cm, so i took readings for 25, 35, 45, 50, 65 and 75.. :cautious:

Reaction score
i took 7 readings..! 10,20,30,40,50,60,70...!! spacing of 10 m...!!