• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Physics 42?

how was physics 42?

• easy

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • average

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • hard

Votes: 5 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
gt's gonna be above 65 for sure! section A was easy1 but section B was tricky :/

Reaction score
Yes the answer was 50 for the capacitance 5.0 x 10^-11 F convert to pF you get 50. I think the temperature of the gas after it did work was lower than 297 K because the loss was greater than the gain of 95 J in the previous part of the question. What did you guys write?

Reaction score
Yes the answer was 50 for the capacitance 5.0 x 10^-11 F convert to pF you get 50. I think the temperature of the gas after it did work was lower than 297 K because the loss was greater than the gain of 95 J in the previous part of the question. What did you guys write?
I thought there would be no temp increase,because they said something about no thermal energy being lost or gained,and temperature is related to KE,so if there is no increse in KE,there should be no increase in temp.

Reaction score
I thought there would be no temp increase,because they said something about no thermal energy being lost or gained,and temperature is related to KE,so if there is no increse in KE,there should be no increase in temp.
I am talking about the last part where it said that the gas expanded and did work of 120 or 150 j. No heat is gained from the environment so there is a loss in the internal energy of the gas. In the previous part it said that heat was given to the gas but not allowed to expand so increase in internal energy=heat gained(which was 95) + 0. In the last part it said the gas expanded so work was done by the gas but no heat is lost or gained so loss in I.E= word done by gas. The loss was greater than gain so temperature drop was also greater. So temp under 297k

Reaction score
I am talking about the last part where it said that the gas expanded and did work of 120 or 150 j. No heat is gained from the environment so there is a loss in the internal energy of the gas. In the previous part it said that heat was given to the gas but not allowed to expand so increase in internal energy=heat gained(which was 95) + 0. In the last part it said the gas expanded so work was done by the gas but no heat is lost or gained so loss in I.E= word done by gas. The loss was greater than gain so temperature drop was also greater. So temp under 297k

Yup, temperature was less than 297.

Reaction score
Here are some of my answers:

temp: 40K
overall temp will go below 120 as we only gave 95 initially then didnt give anything and 120 was lost on expansion so 120-95 means internal energy decreased

Z2 Z1 are important because they determine the degree to which signal is transmitted through or sent back

attenuation is loss in power of signal

idrr now but i think the analogue to digital values were 0111 and o11o respectively.

GMM/R2 = MRW2 where W = 2[pie? :p]/t for proofing in q1.

geostationary satellite is when time periods are same for both earth and satellite.

more sampling gives better quality/bandwidth because it allows for more information to be transmitted