• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was paper went of BIOLOGY 5090/22

Reaction score
I might be late but I am gonna sum up all the queries... Actually my answers to those questions...

so I chose drink A.. Coz it meant the most water being lost and the question demanded the drink which should be avoided on a hot day so it was to be drink A coz if the person takes this drink he is most likely to lose water by sweating and urine not to forget the heat he loses with every breath.

second about the mosquito one I am confused it was about the cause.. Coz I wrote C..

the last mcq was C that it gives same in heterozygous and homozygous.
the yeast one would have the answer A a/c to me coz others contain choice S which was that the mixture was boiled but that will denature the yeast.

Reaction score
no,v had to choose d option which excluded 'prepare solution with boiled n cooled water' because yeast gets denatured on boiling
let me explain you as i did to others and they did agree.....
we had to choose the option "D" which rejected "keep the coloured spot to very right of capillary tube"
we had to find rate of anaerobic respiration right?
so it could be found using the amount of carbon dioxide released be yeast cells...... if the spot was at right already it won't move and would have had got out of tube....
this way the distance the spot travels as co2 released could not be measured..... so option "D" was correct.....i hope u agree
need further explanation? ask me... :)

Reaction score
we had to choose the option "D" which rejected "keep the coloured spot to very right of capillary tube"
so it could be found using the amount of carbon dioxide released be yeast cells...... if the spot was at right already it won't move and would have had got out of tube....
this way the distance the spot travels as co2 released could not be measured..... so option "D" was correct.....i hope u agree
i first chose d same option (D) but later on i thought dat yeast will get denatured if the solution is boiled so chose d other option

Reaction score
in previous question the capillary tube is used to check whether o2 is taken in or not but anyways iA we all get A*'s

Reaction score
the 'right' they were talking about was actually 'left' cuz the ppr ws in front of us and left becomes right and right becomes left. For example, in the standard heart diagram the left side of the heart (deoxygenated blood) faces our right and vice versa. Imagine you have a friend standing in front of you and one beside you. For the one beside you, your left would be his left as well but for the one in front of you your left would be his right. In other words, it becomes 'ulta' cuz the paper is in front of us, NOT beside us. Think about it :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
the 'right' they were talking about was actually 'left' cuz the ppr ws in front of us and left becomes right and right becomes left. For example, in the standard heart diagram the left side of the heart (deoxygenated blood) faces our right and vice versa. Imagine you have a friend standing in front of you and one beside you. For the one beside you, your left would be his left as well but for the one in front of you your left would be his right. In other words, it becomes 'ulta' cuz the paper is in front of us, NOT beside us. Think about it :)
i have thought about it.... i have seen this experiment in a paper in a different manner.....
they took right as we took it..
in case of heart, it is fitted in us in such a way that they can not make a diagram of it facing backwards...
and yea the solution was boiled to kill bacteria in water and remove oxygen from water (if this was ever told to you by your teacher you would know)
oil layer was added to prevent oxygen from entering water......(for anaerobic respiration)
and the valve was open to reach room temp as other wise if hot (as water was boiling before) the yeast would be too slow...
if you can not agree.... the wait for marking scheme :) inshallah we all will get A*